Josh Allen is Playing football Saturday

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

We are staying at Embassy Suites right downtown (few blocks from market square) starting Fri night.   Any recommendations within walking distance?

All sorts of options from there.  

If you want higher end dinner option (maybe Friday night):

1. Fogo de Chao: Brazilian steakhouse is amazing

2. Alot of standard steakhouses: Mccormick and Schmicks, Capital Grille, Eddy Vs, Ruth's Chris (all have seafood and steak - great food)

Mid class options:

1. Tako : great tacos/higher end options, different style

2. Market Square has alot of good options (Primantis included- if you're looking for the Pittsburgh equivalent of Buffalo wings - sandwiches with fries and coleslaw piled on- or good option too soak up the alcohol)

On the North Shore (near acrisure stadium):

1. Tons of bar food options: Southern Tier Brewery, Voodoo Brewery, The Foundry, Burgatory

2. Fancy option is Hyde Park Steakhouse

3. Alot of bars - if just want drinks, can't go wrong with any of them

If you want to drive outside downtown:

1. Lawrenceville/Bloomfield area has a TON of great restaurants

2. Strip District has unique shopping/walkable area for Saturday - if you're looking to kill time.  Great food / restaurants all along the Strip

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s football man. If he gets hurt he gets hurt. Can’t play scared. That’s actually worse.

If the season ends week 2 of preseason so be it?

lol c’mon with this tough guy bs. No you don’t risk your all-world QB in the preseason. I get the value of reps but this is a truly horrendous take

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I see zero point tho

Honestly though it seems like a better plan to play the backup QB with the starters when you have a veteran franchise QB that doesn’t need the work.

Not really about injury prevention but it’s a good way to get a look at your backup QB. That’s how I would do it.

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

Understood. Injuries happen and if it happens in the regular season then nothing we can do. Those games are when teams are trying to win. No need to go all out in a meaningless preseason game.

Counter argument: The Bills first team offense gets no live work and comes up flat in an opening day loss to the NY Jets and their excellent defense. Bills start 0-1.

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I am going to this game, it's always good for a laugh.

The only thing Steeler fans care about is Defense.  I get to hear about the Steel Curtain and all the once feared players. 

Yes yes, Jack Lambert was great.....

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

If TJ is lined up on Brown, run or spike the ball. 

TJ is gonna be coming... but the Bills know this. He will actually be game-planned for.

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

I really wish we would’ve played Allen vs the colts or the bears.

2 abysmal pass rushes.  Instead, we’re playing against a pretty fierce pass rush.  

I understand the apprehension of all those against Josh playing vs Steelers but a pro team, especially one of the stature of the Bills shouldn't be playing afraid. 

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Dammit, just bubble wrap him

48 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Knowing that McDermott and Tomlin have some kind of relationship and have known one another since college, I have a feeling we'll see some pretty vanilla defenses this weekend. Wouldn't be surprised if McD and Tomlin discussed it and just said, hey we'll go easy if you do. 

I could see where they might agree on things like scheme, blitzes, etc but neither man would promise to go easy from an intensity standpoint. No NFL Head Coach is wired that way and both of these guys are ridiculously competitive.

19 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

All sorts of options from there.  

If you want higher end dinner option (maybe Friday night):

1. Fogo de Chao: Brazilian steakhouse is amazing

2. Alot of standard steakhouses: Mccormick and Schmicks, Capital Grille, Eddy Vs, Ruth's Chris (all have seafood and steak - great food)

Mid class options:

1. Tako : great tacos/higher end options, different style

2. Market Square has alot of good options (Primantis included- if you're looking for the Pittsburgh equivalent of Buffalo wings - sandwiches with fries and coleslaw piled on- or good option too soak up the alcohol)

On the North Shore (near acrisure stadium):

1. Tons of bar food options: Southern Tier Brewery, Voodoo Brewery, The Foundry, Burgatory

2. Fancy option is Hyde Park Steakhouse

3. Alot of bars - if just want drinks, can't go wrong with any of them

If you want to drive outside downtown:

1. Lawrenceville/Bloomfield area has a TON of great restaurants

2. Strip District has unique shopping/walkable area for Saturday - if you're looking to kill time.  Great food / restaurants all along the Strip

Primanti Brothers down there anywhere?

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Hundreds of reps wearing a red jersey is infinitely safer than 15-20 preseason snaps

Tell that to Joe Burrow and Teddy Bridgewater. Feet get tangled. Muscles get pulled. Things happen.

Who’s the last starting QB to get injured in preseason? I’m sure there’s a lot of them the way people talk. Maybe it’s Josh Allen tomorrow. 🥺

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It could end week 1. Could end in practice next week. Why even think like that? 

Oh so this is like some abstract “you can die tomorrow on your way to the grocery store” argument? Lol ok man.

I’d personally not risk it in practice football world but hard to argue with your overall logic I guess 

Just now, Nelius said:

Oh so this is like some abstract “you can die tomorrow on your way to the grocery store” argument? Lol ok man.

I’d personally not risk it in practice football world but hard to argue with your overall logic I guess 

But why are we traumatized? I can list more Bills QBs injured at camp than preseason. JP Losman and whoever that guy was that slip on a mat.

Let’s just hope no one gets hurt. It’s how I approach every camp and preseason. I’m not going to blame the coaches if someone gets hurt.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Tell that to Joe Burrow and Teddy Bridgewater. Feet get tangled. Muscles get pulled. Things happen.

Who’s the last starting QB to get injured in preseason? I’m sure there’s a lot of them the way people talk. Maybe it’s Josh Allen tomorrow. 🥺

If your point is that injuries are unpredictable I agree

I'd just rather they not happen in a preseason game

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nucci said:

Stafford's 1st season with the Rams he did not play in preseason along with some other players. They won the SB that year. 

and I still don't agree with the philosophy. and i never will

3 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

"NEVER" ? 

There's tons of examples of star players going down in preseason and having their entire season ruined but go ahead.

its a rough sport....

the starters are going to play and they need it

Edited by ddaryl

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Just letting everyone know I have terrible luck. So I apologize in advance for what’s to come Saturday night.

I remember you saying that you were the one that yelled "Go Kevin" distracting Kolb to the degree that he didn't notice the rubber mat and slipped on it, thus injuring his knee.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Counter argument: The Bills first team offense gets no live work and comes up flat in an opening day loss to the NY Jets and their excellent defense. Bills start 0-1.

TJ is gonna be coming... but the Bills know this. He will actually be game-planned for.

I understand the apprehension of all those against Josh playing vs Steelers but a pro team, especially one of the stature of the Bills shouldn't be playing afraid. 

I could see where they might agree on things like scheme, blitzes, etc but neither man would promise to go easy from an intensity standpoint. No NFL Head Coach is wired that way and both of these guys are ridiculously competitive.

Primanti Brothers down there anywhere?

Haha yes, put that on the list. Can't miss nowadays, they are all over the city/suburbs

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gregg said:

It's PRESEASON football. Don't need to get hurt in a meaningless game. On 9/11 when it is kicked off for real then play to win the game. 

That mindset is how you get hurt. If you play scared, you actually put yourself at risk. You have to be confident and all-in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.