NFL Had To Change A Rule All Thanks To Former Star WR Antonio Brown

HOUSE

image.png.d846d4cc9b6c21a0b4dfbe292c71f9af.png

Antonio Brown is no longer in the league but he is still changing the game because of his bad behavior.

The NFL has announced changes to its personal conduct policy, including action that would allow the league to punish players for violations made prior to them entering the league.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/antonio-brown-nfl-rule-change-new-england-patriots/

Edited by HOUSE

4 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This does change the draft, we now need to eliminate bad boys or they could sit 

Leave it to you to inspire the next greatest thing in the NFL draft:

THINK THE NFL DRAFT MEETS 'THE VOICE'!

All potential draftees are dressed in outlandish costumes, and teams select unaware of who or what position they're drafting.

Now get to work on how to liven up free agency! 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This does change the draft, we now need to eliminate bad boys or they could sit 

They need to be careful here....your typical NFL prospect isn't exactly a choir boy.

I don't like how much the NFL tries to play "police" and "legal system" and "judge and jury" with something as stupid as football.

It's not their place to do this crap.

• Agree 1

Not a big deal. I'd be surprised if teams didn't already do this as part of their due diligence and it was part of the contractual fine print.

If teams can say "we don't want you sledding or skiing" they can surely ask, "are you aware of any pending litigation against you..."

Just smart business. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Leave it to you to inspire the next greatest thing in the NFL draft:

THINK THE NFL DRAFT MEETS 'THE VOICE'!

All potential draftees are dressed in outlandish costumes, and teams select unaware of who or what position they're drafting.

Now get to work on how to liven up free agency! 😁

Basically the Mask Singer. I think is what you meant

giphy.gif

Edited by ddaryl
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

They need to be careful here....your typical NFL prospect isn't exactly a choir boy.

I don't like how much the NFL tries to play "police" and "legal system" and "judge and jury" with something as stupid as football.

Yet the NFL does acknowledge that young boys and girls might idolize these players and maybe they figure for the NFL credibility it better to have better behaved players on the field to appease that crowd that feels since these guys are role models they should be good. I honestly don't care what a guy does off the field if it's not hurting anyone. As let's face it those early 90s teams Bills were hardly saints off the field. 

55 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

There are a lot of fairly minor garbage that is not reported to the public. It might be now. Johnny stole some beer than stole a car...etc. 

When is the NFL going to punish itself for its own past misdeeds?  

For example, trotting out women as objects to be oogled under the guise of “cheerleading”.

Disgusting.

Here, see what I’m talking about:

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Antonio Brown is no longer in the league but he is still changing the game because of his bad behavior.

The NFL has announced changes to its personal conduct policy, including action that would allow the league to punish players for violations made prior to them entering the league.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/antonio-brown-nfl-rule-change-new-england-patriots/

I think the Punt God situation played a factor in this as well. Would've been nice to be able to put him on the exempt list!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

What are the criteria for “choir boy” as it relates to the NFL?

Hiw would you characterize the “typical NFL prospect?”

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What are the criteria for “choir boy” as it relates to the NFL?

Hiw would you characterize the “typical NFL prospect?”

It depends on how honest one wants to be…, 

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

For example, trotting out women as objects to be oogled under the guise of “cheerleading”.

Disgusting.

Believe it or not some women enjoy this and want to do it. 🤯

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

I think the Punt God situation played a factor in this as well. Would've been nice to be able to put him on the exempt list!

The public would have never allowed it thanks to people being stupid and the media blowing it up. Wgr really went over the line on this. 

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Well, it's a game or sport to us. It's a business or company to them. They don't like certain offenses. Domestic violence against women and gambling. Avoid those things and you should be good. 

Edited by Mikie2times

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Disgusting.

So reprehensible.  I had to watch it 10x to make sure I was properly outraged!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Disgusting.

Agreed

Disgusting

Do you have any more evidence so I can be sure!?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Theyre only going to enforce it to their benefit, not their detriment. 

2 hours ago, boyst said:

The public would have never allowed it thanks to people being stupid and the media blowing it up. Wgr really went over the line on this. 

I disagree. He would have went on the exempt list. Thats what is was created for, so players get barred from playing while letting due process play out. As long as he was off the field and away from the team the public would have been fine.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Why are you comparing football players to choir boys? 

So there should be no rules?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Why are you comparing football players to choir boys? 

So there should be no rules?

Choir boys are always rebels. Me and my friends used to do pots out by the dumpster outside of school, then still hit the high notes to Queen songs.  Needless to say, I was lacking a male role model. 

22 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This guy will go down as one of the biggest POS players ever ! He's bad for the game which is to bad because his abilities were elite & if he kept his head on straight and just played he could have been a HOF player but instead he is a HOF - POS !!! 

Good riddance to bad rubbish !! 

Edited by T master
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.