Training Camp 7/30 9:45am

The Wiz

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Let’s see them play a game or 6 before you start your victory laps lol

Always great to hear from the “pump the brakes” crowd during training camp!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Still can't believe we got this dude. What a trade by Beane. Adding another elite weapon would be incredible 

I can't believe we got him either. I had almost the same excitement reaction I had when we got Diggs. The only difference with Diggs is it was completely out of the blue the moment I learned it happened. We are stacked. Stacked Stacked Stacked!!!! We will resign Davis because he is the perfect role receiver for the right price to fit in with this group for the next 4 years.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Always great to hear from the “pump the brakes” crowd during training camp!

This groups services are not needed here at this time. Welcome to stay and hang out but they're services do ot apply here.

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I didn’t want them to draft Kindcaid pre draft, because I felt like we had bigger needs.  Now that we have him, I’m hoping Dorsey knows what to do with him.   

There were no bigger needs than offensive weapon and oline and Beane addressed both in the first two rounds. MLB was never a huge “need” for them and that showed during the draft. Just because some fans thought it was didn’t make it a reality. They never pulled the wool over anyones eyes when they kept saying they liked what they already had in house. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Lmao, go ahead and get excited, but I wouldn’t start bashing other posters for their takes because of 3 days of camp.

Brother, if you call that post a “bash” you ain’t seen nothin’ yet!

’Tis the season for optimism, and any fan focusing on the negatives is just not my type of fan!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

Brother, if you call that post a “bash” you ain’t seen nothin’ yet!

’Tis the season for optimism, and any fan focusing on the negatives is just not my type of fan!

I’m not even focusing on the negatives. 

If your post is “people were wrong about this predraft take because of three days of camp,” that’s a silly post. Feel free to disagree.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lmao, go ahead and get excited, but I wouldn’t start bashing other posters for their takes because of 3 days of camp.

That’s literally all you do here-  is bash other people’s takes.

you can’t have all the fun poopoo

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I’m not even focusing on the negatives. 

If your post is “people were wrong about this predraft take because of three days of camp,” that’s a silly post. Feel free to disagree.

I’ve posted nothing of the kind.  I’m just watching and enjoying.

Just now, eball said:

I’ve posted nothing of the kind.  I’m just watching and enjoying.

Then why the ***** are you quoting me and responding to my post?

Just now, NewEra said:

That’s literally all you do here-  is bash other people’s takes.

you can’t have all the fun poopoo

You are wrong. TBD is my playground.

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Me as well. I like Morse. Big fan of him and his quiet leadership. However, I'd like to know if Bates is a long term option at C. But Morse is expensive and aging. Would be nice if we had a younger/cheaper option on the roster already.

This is the best news from camp so far this year.

Wasn’t it Bates who virtually gave away 2 games last year with bad snaps? If I’m correct, that it was him @ Miami and Home to Minny, I don’t want him anywhere near Allen!

So for those who think tre is not the old tre after reports today well your wrong.

He has been in prefect position several times to make a play with tight coverage. 

But Josh has just been so on point with the passes tre's way that there is no play to make.

Know the lone pass that Diggs made against him Mr grappey pants sauce from the jets mite have been able to hit it free after the catch with his long arms.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Wasn’t it Bates who virtually gave away 2 games last year with bad snaps? If I’m correct, that it was him @ Miami and Home to Minny, I don’t want him anywhere near Allen!

Bates had to go out for a spell in the 3rd quarter when the 1,fumble occurred but can't remember if it was him or not.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I know for sure he had one and I want to say the one in Miami was Van Roten, but I'm not 100%. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Everyone had an opinion about whether or not to take Dalton…I even started a thread a month before the draft about it…but the people against taking him did have some good points…taking a TE in round 1…needed a WR or Oline more…even taking a Lb with the loss of Tremaine….

But let’s face it this kid is extraordinary compared to the TEs we’ve had on this roster in recent years so it’s ok to get just a little excited even during camp. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Morse played every snap of the Vikings game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Everyone had an opinion about whether or not to take Dalton…I even started a thread a month before the draft about it…but the people against taking him did have some good points…taking a TE in round 1…needed a WR or Oline more…even taking a Lb with the loss of Tremaine….

But let’s face it this kid is extraordinary compared to the TEs we’ve had on this roster in recent years so it’s ok to get just a little excited even during camp. 

If he hits, it’s not even that he was viewed as the best TE … Kincaid was viewed as a Top 10 talent by quite a few draft guys.  

The TE positional label may end up being the only reason he was available where we got him. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I recall @NewEra and I catching a lot of flack pre-draft for pushing for Kincaid and 12 personnel. Folks kept dismissing it and then acting as if Kincaid only made sense as a Knox replacement. Now suddenly it's everybody's jam. (Not singling you out, Virgil, of course. As a prophet-poet, I'm sure you saw this all coming.)

I want in on the pre Kincaid parade as well

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If he hits, it’s not even that he was viewed as the best TE … Kincaid was viewed as a Top 10 talent by quite a few draft guys.  

The TE positional label may end up being the only reason he was available where we got him. 

Good point I just can see why people were negative towards it. Do we want to gloat a little and say told ya so sure but people who didn’t like it I could see why they felt that way. 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

We all know McGovern will be a massive upgrade at LG.  If Torrence is legit this line could be very very good. This o would be scary with a competent ol , let alone a great 1

So far the OLine is being ranked about 21. When the season starts it would nice to see them at least mid-pack,15 or 16.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Man that play was just so funny 😁 Allen came off the sideline to run with poona and I think when they got into the endzone Allen ripped him a little 🤣 you could see them laphing.

How can't you love this team and the environment around it

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, scuba guy said:

Man that play was just so funny 😁 Allen came off the sideline to run with poona and I think when they got into the endzone Allen ripped him a little 🤣 you could see them laphing.

How can't you love this team and the environment around it

Somebody better have a video of this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Training camp is a time for optimism. Roll with it 😄

24 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Holly Molly walked thru fire ouch.

Don't try that at home folks

Huh?

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.