Josh Allen's basement

Lost

Ever notice that when these guys get the huge money, they don't waste any time spending it?

I thought Josh was a farm boy from northern CA?  When did he pick up these sorts of money wasting spending habits?

I find it weird.

If I came by $50 million tomorrow, I would have a hard time spending huge chunks of it on random, unneeded stuff.

I guess it's just the different way people are wired.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

56 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Ever notice that when these guys get the huge money, they don't waste any time spending it?

I thought Josh was a farm boy from northern CA?  When did he pick up these sorts of money wasting spending habits?

I find it weird.

If I came by $50 million tomorrow, I would have a hard time spending huge chunks of it on random, unneeded stuff.

I sort of agree, but he's so filthy rich that the golf set up is probably like you or I spending $100. Unless he runs out and buys a small jet, or a bunch of Ferraris/Lamborghinis/Rolls Royces (btw, did you see that apparently Tom Bradys daily driver vehicle is a RR?), or gets crazy and buys multiple houses/properties, I don't think he could spend even a third of his new found fortune.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 12:00 PM, Bob Jones said:

I sort of agree, but he's so filthy rich that the golf set up is probably like you or I spending $100. Unless he runs out and buys a small jet, or a bunch of Ferraris/Lamborghinis/Rolls Royces (btw, did you see that apparently Tom Bradys daily driver vehicle is a RR?), or gets crazy and buys multiple houses/properties, I don't think he could spend even a third of his new found fortune.

On the Kyle brant with Josh podcast one time last year, Allen said he only spends what his financial advisor allows him to spend.  He indicated that he has not gone crazy on a car yet, though he has some “toys” maybe a raptor which is a $100k pickup I think. He said his financial advisor is ex Syracuse QB Troy Nunes. 

Edited by Charles Romes

On 7/28/2023 at 12:00 PM, Bob Jones said:

The small jet would be a solid pickup.  He just needs to get his PPL, then all his ratings up to jets.  Get a nice used Citation M2 and fly himself to Cali whenever.

Then when he's done, sell it for most of what he paid.  He'll never get this money back when he sells that house. 

He’s 27-years-old and will achieve generational wealth. 

Although he‘ll likely lose money on this particular investment, he’s also likely to get those losses back with just one endorsement. 

On 7/28/2023 at 9:59 AM, Nextmanup said:

I find it weird.

the Instagram video probably paid for the entire simulator set up. 

so I think it’s that he’s making the most of his opportunities and you don’t understand his opportunities as far as the different wiring 

• Agree 1

On 7/28/2023 at 7:59 AM, Nextmanup said:

I find it weird.

I don't see the issue here. He's not spending his dough on blow and hookers; he's basically getting the best training equipment he can afford for another sport he's very serious about.  Should he just have stuck with Wii golf?  Or is that also too pricy for you?  I'm pretty sure Josh is a better judge of what he "needs" than you...

• Agree 1

On 7/28/2023 at 10:59 AM, Nextmanup said:

I find it weird.

Highly doubt you wouldn't spend any money on your hobbies. 

This is also pretty much a commercial so he prob got it for free. He also didn't just become a millionaire. He's been there for a while. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

On 7/28/2023 at 9:59 AM, Nextmanup said:

I find it weird.

Dude.  Josh Allen's annual average value on his current contract is $43M/yr. 

Full Swing says their pro simulator is $55k.  Suppose there are bells and whistles and extra courses that double the cost to $110k.  That's like 0.25% (not 2.5%, 0.25%) of Josh's AAV.  It's like a person with ~$130k annual income dropping ~$300 on a Shark AI robot vac at Costco.

If it lets him unwind by spending 15-20 minutes in his basement practicing his golf swing instead of booking time at a local venue and driving there/driving back, it probably frees up more time for him to recover from the game and watch extra film - good use of that 0.25% of 1 years $$

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2

On 8/10/2023 at 5:39 PM, Beck Water said:

Dude.  Josh Allen's annual average value on his current contract is $43M/yr. 

Full Swing says their pro simulator is $55k.  Suppose there are bells and whistles and extra courses that double the cost to $110k.  That's like 0.25% (not 2.5%, 0.25%) of Josh's AAV.  It's like a person with ~$130k annual income dropping ~$300 on a Shark AI robot vac at Costco.

If it lets him unwind by spending 15-20 minutes in his basement practicing his golf swing instead of booking time at a local venue and driving there/driving back, it probably frees up more time for him to recover from the game and watch extra film - good use of that 0.25% of 1 years $$

two items:

1) I always love seeing how expenses (fines, usually) work into a players salary as to how the average Joe might absorb a similar cost

2) The bolded was a very random selection of salary and purchase. A good emphasis for your point 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.