Hines out for the year

17islongenough

Hines not perfect fielding kicks. Muffed a punt vs. Dolphins. Dodson recovered for Bills. Misjudged another punt and was fortunate to catch it as it hit him in the face mask as he was falling backwards around the 5. Unable to field a bouncing kickoff...fortunately it tumbled into end zone and he downed it there.

• Eyeroll 1

I never thought Hines was that good when he played for the Buffalo Bills last season. Just release him and move on with another football player. Because obviously this kid was too dumb to win with. To be water skiing when he is a professional football player is reckless and stupid you can’t win with someone like that. He shouldn’t be doing risky stuff like that under contract to the Buffalo Bills. Cut him and use him as a example for the other Bills players to be serious about your career get your stuff together or get out in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

So the TB% was 59.7% in the NFL last season per pro-football reference

1013 returns, out of 2698 kickoffs, 37.5% kickoffs returned so (?) 2.8% fair catch?

Is the new rule that a fair catch anywhere comes out to the 25 yd line?  If so I would think the NFL would be trying to increase the number of fair catches

Your math looks good to me and yes the intention is to have more fair catches.  But I dont think its as simple as no more KR ever again (not saying you said that, but someone else did).  If fair catch goes up 5% then 1/3 kickoffs is a return.   Thats still quite a few to the point where I would say its hyperbolic to say it doesnt matter (agian not you saying that).  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

I never thought Hines was that good when he played for the Buffalo Bills last season. Just release him and move on with another football player. Because obviously this kid was too dumb to win with. To be water skiing when he is a professional football player is reckless and stupid you can’t win with someone like that. He shouldn’t be doing risky stuff like that under contract to the Buffalo Bills. Cut him and use him as a example for the other Bills players to be serious about your career get your stuff together or get out in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I mean jeeze - the guy rode a jetski?  Whats next, a car? a bicycle?  

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Number of returns by guys on the roster...

KR

Harty - 75

Hyde - 37

Murray - 19

Sherfield - 1

Shakir - 1

Diggs - 1

Poyer - 1

PR

Hyde - 95

Harty - 77

Poyer - 17

Diggs - 6

Shakir - 3

Looks like Harty should be the guy. I don't like Hyde doing returns. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

great you’re still here. 

they can’t release him by the way. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

I never thought Hines was that good when he played for the Buffalo Bills last season. Just release him and move on with another football player. Because obviously this kid was too dumb to win with. To be water skiing when he is a professional football player is reckless and stupid you can’t win with someone like that. He shouldn’t be doing risky stuff like that under contract to the Buffalo Bills. Cut him and use him as an example for the other Bills players to be serious about your career get your stuff together or get out in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

How will the hell do you have over 400 posts and post like this and I’ve never seen you before

• Agree 2

Has the importance of returns changed in todays NFL? Obviously yes. Return leaders last season vs 10 years prior.

2022 Touchback % - 14 Kickers >70% (leader was 90%)

2022 Touchback % - 0 Kickers >70% (leader was 67%)

2022 Leader in Kick Return Yards - 1,009 (only 1 player with 1,000+)

2012 Leader in Kick Return Yards - 1,533 (8 players with 1,000+)

2022 Leader in Kick Returns - 35 (only 2 players with >30)

2012 Leader in Kick Returns - 57 (11 players with >30)

2022 Leader in Punt Return Yards - 362 (only 2 players with 350+)

2012 Leader in Punt Return Yards - 481 (7 players with 350+)

2022 Leader in Punt Returns - 40 (only 1 players >35)

2012 Leader in Punt Returns - 51 (6 players with >35)

5 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

You can't have a starter doing KR/PR so it looks like Harty is the guy

19 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Looks like Harty should be the guy. I don't like Hyde doing returns. 

Harty makes the most sense. Only other options Shakir and potentially Murray on KO's. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.