DK Metcalf proves if you have great genetics diet and nutrition matter a lot less

Big Turk

32 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Agree. I cant beleive this is his actual diet and I'm not downplaying nutrition. Its critical for elite athletes and if they don't choose to follow the teams nutrition recs then they better have their own nutritionist. 

I think you'd be surprised how many elite athletes eat like 12year olds lol

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. Him being some sort of genetic freak is the OP being too generous… absolutely controlled GH, he’s very young and very active while fasting throughout much of the day. It’s no surprise he’s ripped…. The GH would also explain how he’s able to keep the weight. 

Scott,  Ove been convinced for a long time more players do this than not in the positions where they look like freaks.

I used to compete 100 years ago, in the tested and untested PWL meets and these NFL players are not getting that way completely naturally.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Exactly.  I used to eat/drink literally anything I wanted, always had a good physique up until I hit 32 last year, noticed for the 1st time in life my stomach was gaining weight. I now only drink water and booze and eat once or twice a day, usually pretty healthy. I still steak and chicken but always add nice amount of greens on side. Pretty much back to my old physique 

There will come a day where you will have to cut out the booze and pretty much all “white” carbs.  I’m there.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This is yet another example where diet and nutrition, in the NFL, is still mired in the dark ages relative to other major sports in the year 2023! 

I literally can't fathom that these teams don't have a team of dietitians who work with every single player, develop a meal plan for that person, and then try to make sure they stay on that plan.

As far as I know, they are serving cheeseburgers and fries at the "cafeteria" at OBD.

😂

They're not.  You can't force somebody to heat healthy but you can provide them all the resources necessary if they decide to.  From a Buffalo News article in 2018.

“It’s a mass production,” Greenberg said. “A lot goes into it. The staff is here at 4 a.m. getting ready, and here until 7 p.m. cleaning up. We discuss what time of year it is — summer, fall, winter — and the nutrients we want the guys to get in them. What we're going to put out, how we're going to display it, what it's going to look like, there are a lot of decisions. You've got to get a whole bunch of food out there, and make sure it's the highest quality that we can find. They're going to be here for at least breakfast, lunch, if not dinner most of the time, so if we can get them three square meals a day and provide them with the highest-quality food, then I feel like we're doing our job.”

That means there aren’t many fried foods to choose from.

“We could put out hot dogs and hamburgers, pizza and all that stuff, but we want to fuel them with the highest octane we can,” Greenberg said. “These guys are Ferraris. You don't fill those up with 87 — you use the highest-octane fuel that you can. That's our goal all the time.”

The Bills offer players as much — or as little — help with nutrition as they would like. Dziedzic, who joined Pegula Sports and Entertainment in June and bounces between the Bills and Sabres, is available along with Greenberg to construct an individualized plan to meet any goal.

“I've been with four teams, it's the best nutrition plan I've ever had when it comes to assortment, health, good taste,” fullback Patrick DiMarco said. “Usually when stuff does taste good, it's not good for you. It’s not that way here. … If we go up or down two pounds, they have meal plans for us. If you need 1,200 calories, here you go — eat this meal. It's very detailed. It's top notch.”

• Like (+1) 1

Good Genetics and top flight medical attention goes a long way, then one day you figuratively fall off the cliff, 

Edited by Don Otreply

4 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

There will come a day where you will have to cut out the booze and pretty much all “white” carbs.  I’m there.

I can tell the booze has an effect already. Not major but I mainly drink wine but still notice it. It started a bit after covid. Like late 2020 .  Only drank on weekends prior now it's pretty regular honestly,  lot of calories . Sucks getting old, I miss my 20s

How old are you ? Man I need to stop drinking as much , I don't get wasted but it's just way too consistent 

Edited by JerseyBills

9 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

100 percent he is. I’m in the fitness industry and there’s no way you can get that jacked/shredded with that diet routine lol.

Its one in a million genetics combined with some sort of PHD

That's why I said genetics. I've been a workout gym rat for many years. I am in very good shape, but have never approached that type of physique and probably have worked out as hard or harder than he does. My trainer used to work with some NFL players and would give me their workouts. They were crazy, but I did them and usually while wearing a 60lb weighted vest.

People don't get that even if you take PED's you still have to have freak genetics to be capable of looking like that.

56 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That's why I said genetics. I've been a workout gym rat for many years. I am in very good shape, but have never approached that type of physique and probably have worked out as hard or harder than he does. My trainer used to work with some NFL players and would give me their workouts. They were crazy, but I did them and usually while wearing a 60lb weighted vest.

People don't get that even if you take PED's you still have to have freak genetics to be capable of looking like that.

100 percent. It’s the combination of genetics and PHDs.

Like even if everyone took heavy steroids, 99.99999999 percent of us wouldn’t look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime lol

13 hours ago, Big Turk said:

This is crazy...most athletes talk about how they take care of their body by putting high quality food into it daily...

DK Metcalf doesn't care about that.

His normal meal routine:

Workout in the AM,

Get a Starbucks coffee around noon,

Mix 2 big bags of candy like Lifesavers creations and Skittles gummies together and eat that around 4pm,

Eat his one meal around 9pm and then go to bed.

He has almost no body fat and is ripped and huge.

Basically shows that if you have great genetics nothing else really matters, you can do whatever you want.

For the rest of us humans, if we tried that we would likely be 300 lbs.

https://www.si.com/.amp/extra-mustard/2023/07/22/seahawks-dk-metcalf-eats-just-one-meal-a-day-in-bizarre-candy-centric-diet

No doubt about it genetics play a huge part in our life. Some are set up for poor health from the beginning no matter what they eat.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.