Wisconsin blog speculating about AJ Dillon and the Bills

https://wisportsheroics.com/nfl-buffalo-bills-green-bay-packers-aj-dillon/

First, let me say I doubt it, but we’re bored a week before camp.  I was looking for something else and this thing popped up in a search.  He would be an upgrade over Harris as he matches that style more than Cook.

Comment however you guys like, just giving you guys something to look at before camp.

Enjoy the speculation ( that’s all I think it is at this point)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Why not make this trade before signing Harris and Murray?  Not buying it.

I’m not necessarily buying this report, especially since it reads like it was written in crayon by one of the kids in this guys photo, but the contracts for Harris and Murray are hardly the sort of commitments that would keep the Bills from upgrading… they were intentionally put together in a way that they didn’t offset the comp pick algorithm, hardly cap busting and hardly a guarantee of a roster spot. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Right.  Pure gobbledygook.   

Would be on par for the way Beane works though, like bringing in a bunch of middling slot receivers on arguably overpaid contracts and then using your number 1 draft pick on a tight end and pivoting to running a more 12 man personnel.   

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Murray is Duke Johnson this year. A vet who can be practice squad break glass when fire kind of guy.

Harris is insurance at the short yardage for Cook is not a 3 down back. 

It doesn't make any sense that there continues to be speculation about other RB's possibly joining the Bills.  This is the deepest RB backfield we've had in years.

Cook - Has lots of promise

Harris - Proven quality RB

Latavius Murray - Continues to produce at a good level

Hines - Speedy, really good return guy who has shown the ability to play well

We are set at RB, there isn't a need.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Lost said:

Right.  Pure gobbledygook.   

Would be on par for the way Beane works though, like bringing in a bunch of middling slot receivers on arguably overpaid contracts and then using your number 1 draft pick on a tight end and pivoting to running a more 12 man personnel.   

🙄

16 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

🙄

I hate to knock Beane too much because I do love the guy and nobody knew how the offseason was going to play out but 2 years 13.5 million for Harty doesn't seem so great in retrospect.   The colts signed McKenzie for 1.1 million.   I doubt Harty is going to have the same production that McK did last year here for 6 times the price. Especially when he is going to have to split reps with Shakir and now Kincaid.   I woulda rather saved that 13 million on Harty and made a real stab at a true number 2 in Hopkins.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Lost said:

I hate to knock Beane too much because I do love the guy and nobody knew how the offseason was going to play out but 2 years 13.5 million for Harty doesn't seem so great in retrospect.   The colts signed McKenzie for 1.1 million.   I doubt Harty is going to have the same production that McK did last year here for 6 times the price. Especially when he is going to have to split reps with Shakir and now Kincaid.   I woulda rather saved that 13 million on Harty and made a real stab at a true number 2 in Hopkins.

What does this have to do with AJ Dillon?  

Also - why not let the guy play a little first before we knock him.  It's a massively incentive laden contract with an out after 1 year.  Clearly Mckenzie was the same player in 2022 that he was years and years before that, so you walk away because there isn't a place for him at this organization.  Doesn't mean we don't want an elusive return man/WR/Gadget player in the offense.  Hopkins was on the cardinals when we signed harty, we probably inquired and balked at price and signed a free agent.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, Magox said:

It doesn't make any sense that there continues to be speculation about other RB's possibly joining the Bills.  This is the deepest RB backfield we've had in years.

Yeah, I bet you thought the same thing about WR last year.  All you just said is,  there isn’t a starter on the team.  It’s a bunch of JAGs, one who is fast and was over drafted by a team with a reputation for wasting higher draft picks on poor RBs, so you are expecting a lot from him. 

31 minutes ago, Lost said:

This is why Beane deserves far more criticism than he gets.  He gets infatuated with “potential” and over spends on players that don’t need to be paid for, then we all sit here and say, “ would love X, but we don’t have the cap space.” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

People still need to write things so fans can get all worked up. It's the new journalism. Just make stuff up to get a reaction. You're right. Makes no sense to make this trade right before camp plus doubtful Pack want to get rid of him

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

https://wisportsheroics.com/nfl-buffalo-bills-green-bay-packers-aj-dillon/

First, let me say I doubt it, but we’re bored a week before camp.  I was looking for something else and this thing popped up in a search.  He would be an upgrade over Harris as he matches that style more than Cook.

Comment however you guys like, just giving you guys something to look at before camp.

Enjoy the speculation ( that’s all I think it is at this point)

I believe Damien Harris is the perfect RB for this offense. If he can stay healthy, I see a Fred Jackson type impact to the offense

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Especially when juxtaposed with all the talk of how devalued and unimportant the RB position has become.

We have enough horses already with those 4. Beane should be focusing on pretty much any other part of the roster.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Meh. We are never set. Cook showed potential, Harris is good.

Murray and Hines won't have much impact if at all. If it weren't for kickoff returns last year we'd be saying nyquiem who? And I think Murray turn 106 next month.

Realistically you have to look at positions and longevity. Like hiring in business, everyone you hire isn't a "lifer", but you are ALWAYS searching for that. Cook is probably the only one in the RB room that FO views as long termer. If they think Dillon would be a suitable compliment to Cook, go for it. Cook is the only one that matters.

Put the way my grandpa would have put it, "Don't trip over dollars [Dillon] to pick up pennies [Murray/Hines]"

...though the same could be said for Hardy/Sherfield and Hopkins.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.