Like A Farmer - Josh Allen

Commish

Quote from Josh Allen I agree with: Steve Tasker belongs in Hall of Fame.  He is one of the great special team players of all time.

Quote from Josh Allen I disagree with on Bills community: every year it doesn't matter how great or how bad this was the previous year.  This year is our year.

There are so many Bills watchers (cannot call them fans) who are sour each and every year you wonder why Bills stay in WNY.  Better to try a new city with a fresh start.

Edited by Limeaid
update
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Quote from Josh Allen I agree with: Steve Tasker belongs in Hall of Fame.  He is one of the great special team players of all time.

Quote from Josh Allen I disagree with on Bills community: every year it doesn't matter how great or how bad this was the previous year.  This year is our year.

There are so many Bills watchers (cannot call them fans) who are sour each and every year you wonder why Bills stay in WNY.  Better to try a new city with a fresh start.

You think the Bills have remained in Buffalo because of fans?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You think the Bills have remained in Buffalo because of fans?

I think that it Ralph Wilson did not make it difficult to leave Buffalo they would have.  NFL would have lost some fans but gotten new wealthier ones which is more important to them.

NFL has shown with St Louis they are willing to stack the deck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Do you live in WNY, or are you just going off of this place? This is a place to vent for some behind the anonymity of a keyboard.  This isn't reality. Lighten up.

It's very interesting that he brought up farming... I watched this video last month, and it explains in great detail why Wyoming is much less populated than Colorado, and also why there is a lot less land for farms (I know Josh is from California, FYI). Just informational... I love these sort of historical videos.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

You give the appearance of a watcher quite frequently…, 

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Commish said:

Nice upbeat interview focused, in part, on farming:

https://youtu.be/j07TQ-nDTBI

Nice idea. Not the best interviewer.

I've often wondered if Josh and his dad ever drive around the farms just outside of Buffalo, especially the stone fruit orchards in Niagara County, and think about opening a new east coast branch of the Allen farming empire?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

Do you live in WNY, or are you just going off of this place? This is a place to vent for some behind the anonymity of a keyboard.  This isn't reality. Lighten up.

Raised in Hamburg / Steelton from age 5 until after I graduated from UB.

I have been president of Northern Virginia Bills Backers since 1988.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

It's very interesting that he brought up farming... I watched this video last month, and it explains in great detail why Wyoming is much less populated than Colorado, and also why there is a lot less land for farms (I know Josh is from California, FYI). Just informational... I love these sort of historical videos.

Having lived in both states for almost equal times of my life, while logical sounding I don’t buy half the explanation. WY has much more harsh climate, the big industries have been hammered by Gov. regulation and the people generally don’t want progressive change (going off friends and family opinion from across the state). CO on the other hand is in the process of pimping out state lands and becoming CA East. 
Both have beautiful country, wildlife but aside from western slope CO, a vast difference of life style. 

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Raised in Hamburg / Steelton from age 5 until after I graduated from UB.

I have been president of Northern Virginia Bills Backers since 1988.

Sounds like they need to set a term limit. 😏

9 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Having lived in both states for almost equal times of my life, while logical sounding I don’t buy half the explanation. WY has much more harsh climate, the big industries have been hammered by Gov. regulation and the people generally don’t want progressive change (going off friends and family opinion from across the state). CO on the other hand is in the process of pimping out state lands and becoming CA East. 
Both have beautiful country, wildlife but aside from western slope CO, a vast difference of life style. 

That usually goes hand and hand

• Agree 1

That's cool! I work in the vegetable business and have met a few folks in my travels to CA who know the Allens, and always speak highly of the family. Personally, I think they may be late to the party with pistachios - everyone's growing them now, there seems to be a glut on the market, and the prices are diving. But I hope it works out for them! And I hope they have reliable access to water. It's scary talking to growers out there. They just keep drilling deeper and deeper.

13 hours ago, Limeaid said:

They stay in Buffalo because even when they put vomit on the field the fans sell out the stadium.   

14 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I think that it Ralph Wilson did not make it difficult to leave Buffalo they would have.  NFL would have lost some fans but gotten new wealthier ones which is more important to them.

NFL has shown with St Louis they are willing to stack the deck.

The Rams had a wealthier owner.  He built his own stadium in a better town.

The Bill stayed because their owner knew he would get a publicly funded new stadium.

Edited by Mr. WEO

14 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Eh, I've met my share of bills fans who throw the team under the bus at the first indication of trouble. You are right, most of the time it is just venting but its difficult to watch a game when someone becomes hypercritical at the first sign of adversity. For them either we stomp every opponent or it means we suck. 

To each their own in their fandom though. 

18 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Has anyone ever hinted that you just might be a nerd? :D 

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Has anyone ever hinted that you just might be a nerd? :D 

I was just curious... the Dust Bowl devastated the area where my grandfather was from, and so I get why the Dakotas emptied, but Wyoming be so much less populated had me curious... couldn't resist looking into it.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Sorry, but this "governmental regulation" and "lifestyle" doesn't wash... the changes in population by decade proves that Wyoming has factors which stunted its growth like the ones they talked about on the video:

Wyoming vs. Colorado by decade, 1900-1950 (rounded up)

1900 93,000 to 540,000

1910 146,000 to 800,000

1920 194,000 to 940,000

1930 206,000 to 1,036,000

1940 251,000 to 1,124,000

1950 290,000 to 1,325,000

So basically the population of Wyoming increased by just under 200,000 in 50 years while Colorado increased by 785,000 in 50 years. I sincerely doubt either one of those issues factored much into the changes in population between 1900 and 1950 at all.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Sorry, but this "governmental regulation" and "lifestyle" doesn't wash... the changes in population by decade proves that Wyoming has factors which stunted its growth like the ones they talked about on the video:

1900 93,000 to 540,000

1910 146,000 to 800,000

1920 194,000 to 940,000

So basically the population of Wyoming increased by just under 200,000 in 50 years while Colorado increased by 785,000 in 50 years. I sincerely doubt either one of those issues factored much into the changes in population between 1900 and 1950 at all.

This a Bills forums. We don't like reason and facts here. Get out. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

1900 93,000 to 540,000

1910 146,000 to 800,000

1920 194,000 to 940,000

Having lived in both states, one of which relies on tourism and winter sports for the major $$$ makers, Breckinridge, Blackhawk, Central City, a major hub of an airport I can assure you much of that population is not year round. The other as I stated relied on oil, gas and coal every bit as much as agriculture.  Your don’t wash, don’t wash. I never said WY was going to be a metropolis, or need growth. Just said the video don’t really tell the story. Also there are reasons counties in CO want to be annexed, much like counties in OR want to be part of Idaho. No need to dive into politics on a football forum. Think what you want, or go visit

22 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Having lived in both states, one of which relies on tourism and winter sports for the major $$$ makers, Breckinridge, Blackhawk, Central City, a major hub of an airport I can assure you much of that population is not year round. The other as I stated relied on oil, gas and coal every bit as much as agriculture.  Your don’t wash, don’t wash. I never said WY was going to be a metropolis, or need growth. Just said the video don’t really tell the story. Also there are reasons counties in CO want to be annexed, much like counties in OR want to be part of Idaho. No need to dive into politics on a football forum. Think what you want, or go visit

wtf did he say?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.