Colin Cowherd's Take

newcam2012

I watch cowherd a lot. And while I liked his point on defensive spending, he mostly states obvious and mildly incorrect things ( he acts like we didn't make any OL moves).

The only reason I watch him was cause he was early on the josh allen train.

But besides that he's always pretty shallow national media spin type.

I would rather have an offensive coach yes.

But Tomlin is a he'll of a coach too.

Edited by Sharky7337

I disagree.

Didn't Beane take a Guard in the 2nd round ? Added McGovern, Edward's, have Bates and Beottger coming back. I'm not sure Spencer Brown is the guy but he was hurt last year.

Edited by Bigvinny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Pretty blunt take from Colin. Wondering how others feel about what he says. 

I heard it live today on Cowherd. He latches on to certain things, like “defensive” HC’s, or our OLine hasn’t been fixed in five years, but he came off as completely unaware. I expect a significantly better OLine this year with at least 40% turnover. He’s just unaware or taking a stand right now, but either way I like it. I don’t think the hot white spotlight helped us last year, other than maybe preparing us for this year. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What the hell is he talking about ? We brought in like 5 new OL including a top Guard in the draft. Bills have had a crazy good off-season. They've nailed all their needs. 

Ridiculous take. 

DL was a bigger problem in that Cinci game. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5

He's not wrong. This is an offensive league. Teams with solid offensive minded HC's will have an advantage over us. I love the Floyd signing, but I hate the picks of Basham,  AJE and all the mediocre linebackers over beefing up the OL.  I just don't see any cap path to sign dHop to even a 1 yr deal at this point. And why is it we're always top 5 every year in defense only to watch it crumble in the playoffs?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

I disagree.

Didn't Beane take a Guard in the 2nd round ? Added McGovern, Edward's, have Bates and Beottger coming back. I'm not sure Spencer Brown is the guy but he was hurt last year.

2 of the biggest hits JA took last year was from RT.  Neither Brown or Quessenberry have the foot quickness to keep Josh from being "out for the season". Yes we upgraded the IOL.  But it's the outside speed rushers who are the threat.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

How's he know we didn't get the OL right?  Can't say BB didn't address it. 

Yeah, they have not been successful with the OL, but you can't say they haven't tried. 

It's much harder to find quality OLmen than it is quality DLmen, but I think they could've been more successful with the guys they've had. Idk if it's a problem with talent evaluation and development/coaching or just simply not having a consistent identity on that side of the ball.

It's becoming more apparent that the old adage of "defense wins championships" is no longer true. With McDermott at the helm, the Bills will probably always have a good-enough defense and could afford to spend more on the offense.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think he means fix the OL correctly… they def invested more, but McGovern isn’t exactly known as being a great guard and many question how Torrence fits. 

Not a fan of Cowherd but he’s right IMO. 

He doesn’t care if you like him or not, just as long as you talk about him!    😋

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think he means fix the OL correctly… they def invested more, but McGovern isn’t exactly known as being a great guard and many question how Torrence fits. 

You are doing a good job of bringing Newcam along, Scott.  Good mentoring.

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not at all...no one questions Torrence anyways. He's an all around G. Mc Govern is a good pass blocker , def a fit. 

32 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Pretty blunt take from Colin. Wondering how others feel about what he says. 

Good points.    Top 4 defensive spending teams have defensive head coaches.   Those teams have struggled to build offensive lines.

The one single position they could have addressed to make the biggest difference this offseason was WR2.   Not sure it's reasonable to expect Kincaid to be that guy in 2023, but hopefully.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

He's not wrong. This is an offensive league. Teams with solid offensive minded HC's will have an advantage over us. I love the Floyd signing, but I hate the picks of Basham,  AJE and all the mediocre linebackers over beefing up the OL.  I just don't see any cap path to sign dHop to even a 1 yr deal at this point. And why is it we're always top 5 every year in defense only to watch it crumble in the playoffs?

This 

100% correct

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.