Is Desantis the best new candidate since Obama?

47 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Go back and quote my original statement.

You're the one that deflected bro - keep up 

Your put up a tweet calling this a "conspiracy theory"

" Sadly the mRNA “vaccines” that you’ve been pushing so hard, didn’t work as promised"

Oh you mean you have no idea what you posted, shocking 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Your put up a tweet calling this a "conspiracy theory"

" Sadly the mRNA “vaccines” that you’ve been pushing so hard, didn’t work as promised"

Oh you mean you have no idea what you posted, shocking 

black is white,   white is black.  there is no gray.

15 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Your condescending nature is funny since my overarching point is correct

your overarching point seems to be that the vaccines were not useful or at least that's implicit in your argument.  why is that a narrative you want to push?  The vaccines saved millions of lives.  Still likely are.  Huge silos of data show this repeatedly.  yet you choose to ignore this.  Why?  Please explain, I really want to understand the pathology here.

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

your overarching point seems to be that the vaccines were not useful or at least that's implicit in your argument.  why is that a narrative you want to push?  The vaccines saved millions of lives.  Still likely are.  Huge silos of data show this repeatedly.  yet you choose to ignore this.  Why?  Please explain, I really want to understand the pathology here.

Silos of data show the vaccine gave long term protection? Please show me that data. Secondly the vaccine is likely useful for those in the high risk categories but giving it to healthy people under 30 was unnecessary and not beneficial.

8 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I wouldn’t say that. I might vote for biden. but it depends on who y’all pick to oppose him I guess.

If it’s that traitor POS trump like I’m convinced it will be, I’d vote for my Biden or my dog over him.  

What makes bidens presidency not terrible in your opinion without saying anything trump related? Honest question.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think he would actually be a better candidate than he's more well spoken & doesn't have to deal with a huge ego making him say ignorant things . Seeing how Trump attacks anyone that is running against him because of his huge ego i think that this could quite possibly be bad to beat the num nuts that is in office now .

Trump may have a splinter effect to the vote and actually bond the libs together to make it even more important to get all folks out to vote . Seeing where the country has went win the last 3 years i don't think the country could stand another 4 years of this S**T show ...

8 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I was thinking about this too, would republicans really nominate a Catholic candidate? They got that whole evangelical Protestant base to pander to. 

Don’t think it matters. Trump is as far from a model Christian as one can get and yet the fools believe he’s a gift from God. It’s not about ideology. It’s about tribalism.

On 5/27/2023 at 7:01 PM, redtail hawk said:

so argue the points.   what part do you disagree with and why?

I would have if you had engage like a reasonable person. We already have plenty of hyperbolic delta bravos on here, why throw fuel on the fire when you can have decent conversations?

On 5/27/2023 at 11:13 PM, SUNY_amherst said:

I wouldn’t say that. I might vote for biden. but it depends on who y’all pick to oppose him I guess.

If it’s that traitor POS trump like I’m convinced it will be, I’d vote for my Biden or my dog over him.  

You and all dems are on their KNEES for Biden (if you know what I mean😛)!  You want that creepy old daughter showerer to be your KING!!!

Am I doing that right, SUNY_amherst?

Case in point.

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

🤧

Morning Tibs:

Mr Mayo believes that ten second clip is an example of what exactly? Geez…these folks are literally terrified that DeSantis will do well. And that says nothing about the blatantly racial undertone of the question that the reporter asked the Governor. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Morning Tibs:

Mr Mayo believes that ten second clip is an example of what exactly? Geez…these folks are literally terrified that DeSantis will do well. And that says nothing about the blatantly racial undertone of the question that the reporter asked the Governor. 

Afraid of him for what? lol, he ain't never gonna be prez 

• Disagree 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

yeah well Meatball needs to grow a pair. 

Barack Obama was ignorantly asked if he was a US citizen... Meatball can't handle someone asking him how to pronounce his name.

In what way couldn’t he handle it? He just said the question was silly. Unlike Obama was, the Governor should be no stranger to the national media. Not by a long shot. If you slow the “R” hatred for a second and listen to the actual question, you’ll understand that reporter CLEARLY wanted to take a cheap jab at the Governor’s ethnicity. Pathetic! 

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Maybe so. Then there’s no need to ask him how the sitting Governor of Florida pronounces his obviously ethnic last name then, right? 

I don't care how he pronounces his name. All "ethnic" in America names are to some extent Americanized. As I understand it, his family name wouldn't be said "Deesantis" in Italian since that would be spelled DiSantis. It would be more like "Daysantis."

So why does this get traction? Because he seems hypersensitive about it! Instead of celebrating his Italian-American background, he seems just a little bit embarrassed by it, like he's a little too immigrant-adjacent. That's what trying to appeal to the new Republican base does to you ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't care how he pronounces his name. All "ethnic" in America names are to some extent Americanized. As I understand it, his family name wouldn't be said "Deesantis" in Italian since that would be spelled DiSantis. It would be more like "Daysantis."

So why does this get traction? Because he seems hypersensitive about it! Instead of celebrating his Italian-American background, he seems just a little bit embarrassed by it, like he's a little too immigrant-adjacent. That's what trying to appeal to the new Republican base does to you ...

Is his name Italian or Hispanic? In Southern California the Di would be Italian. And De would be Spanish. 

In either event, NOBODY doesn’t know how it’s pronounced. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is his name Italian or Hispanic? In Southern California the Di would be Italian. And De would be Spanish. 

In either event, NOBODY doesn’t know how it’s pronounced. 

Which is why his defensiveness is so weird. It isn't happenstance - his staff clearly tried to shift the "official" pronunciation from DEEsantis to DUHsantis. Nothing like that in politics is happenstance.

Feel free not to take some football fan forum poster's free advice, Ron, but for your benefit: Relaunch. Now. Tell your family's rags-to-riches immigrant story. If there isn't a rags-to-riches story, make one up. Kid about how different parts of your family say it different ways. Emphasize how there's nothing more "American" than that kind of thing. Turn an admittedly stupid criticism into an asset. Who exactly is running your campaign?

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Seems obvious. Is he embarrassed to be an Italian-American or something? 

Yes! He is. That's why this strikes a nerve.

Look, who couldn't make a compelling campaign launch video out of the real story? From his wiki page - it's an All-American success story! Smart kid, athlete, went to the best schools, actual athlete (implicit contrast: Trump) could've made a mint in private practice but felt the calling to serve in the military (implicit contrast: Trump military avoidance). Given one of the most sensitive national security assignments you could have. But instead he wants to snap at reporters who bring attention to his Italian heritage?

DeSantis was born in Jacksonville, Florida, the son of Karen DeSantis (née Rogers) and Ronald Daniel DeSantis. His middle name, Dion, extols the singer Dion DiMucci.[4] His mother's family name, Rogers, was chosen by her grandfather upon immigrating from Italy.[5][6][7] All of DeSantis's great-grandparents immigrated from Southern Italy[nb 1] during the Italian diaspora.[13] His parents and grandparents were born and grew up in western Pennsylvania and northeast Ohio.[4]

DeSantis's mother worked as a nurse and his father installed Nielsen TV-rating boxes.[14] They met while attending Youngstown State University in Youngstown, Ohio, during the 1970s and moved to Jacksonville, Florida, during that decade.[15] His family then moved to Orlando, Florida, before relocating when he was six years old to the city of Dunedin in Florida's Tampa Bay area.[16] His only sibling, younger sister Christina, died in 2015 at age 30 from a pulmonary embolism.[17][18][19] He was a member of the Dunedin National team that made it to the 1991 Little League World Series in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.[20][21] DeSantis attended Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School and Dunedin High School, graduating in 1997.[14]

After high school, DeSantis studied history at Yale University. He was captain of Yale's varsity baseball team and joined the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity.[21][22] He was an outfielder on that team; as a senior in 2001, he had the team's best batting average at .336.[23][24][25][26] While attending Yale he worked a variety of jobs, including as an electrician's assistant and a coach at a baseball camp.[14] DeSantis graduated from Yale in 2001 with a B.A., magna ***** laude.[27]

After Yale, he taught history and coached for a year at Darlington School in Georgia.[28] He subsequently attended Harvard Law School, graduating in 2005 with a Juris Doctor, ***** laude.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

The left is getting stupid with their attacks on DeSantis.  That's how you know how afraid they are of him.  

I just said it - focusing on how he says his name is a stupid story. 

But Ron could make it go away instantly, just like I said he should. He won't, or can't. And so it'll get traction until he does. And guess what? The "attack" may have come from the left, but it's gonna be waged from the man trying to outflank him on the right. Kind of like "I don't know about Lyin' Ted, but a lot of people are saying his father was in a picture with Oswald ..."

21 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

I think Ron Desan ........ Disant ........ the Governor of Florida is gonna roll big time into the White House, if the election is uncorrupted that is.

Maybe?

If you can trip him up with some bull#### about vowel sounds in his last name, that's not great. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Maybe?

If you can trip him up with some bull#### about vowel sounds in his last name, that's not great. 

Tripped him up with the old vowel pronunciation gag. Is there no line these liberal media types won't cross? Meanwhile Biden is falling on his face on stage and everyone handles it with kid gloves.

I think it's great that Desantis will not lower himself to answer inane questions and focus on the more important topics, like what his favorite ice cream is. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2023 at 5:09 PM, SUNY_amherst said:

yeah duh. Every holiday trump posts some re. tarded stuff

compare him to anyone sane and it looks like that

Look everyone, more hate speech from our our old buddy Suny Amherst!  Really doing the Alma matter proud!

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/25/2023 at 10:52 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Despite his leans to conservative and traditional ideals, a Harvard and Yale military person with a law degree… under 50!!?! We need more of these 

Still laughing at this thread - and this freakn coward - “never back down” can’t even say Conald’s name - lmao

Hahahhahaha homeboy is DONE 

What a failure. The GOP splinters into shards of subservience to an autocrat support for a bunch of syncophants afraid to upset the toddler in charge.

Party is FINISHED. Nothing left for the GOP but some regional sun belt wins. 

DeSantis built his planks on culture war. Americans don’t want that crap. They want proper governance from people that care about all. 

His failure is the proof. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Hahahhahaha homeboy is DONE 

What a failure. The GOP splinters into shards of subservience to an autocrat support for a bunch of syncophants afraid to upset the toddler in charge.

Party is FINISHED. Nothing left for the GOP but some regional sun belt wins. 

DeSantis built his planks on culture war. Americans don’t want that crap. They want proper governance from people that care about all. 

His failure is the proof. 

Right.  That's whyTrump is beating Joke in the polls and DeSantis is within the MOE.  And this is with Joke still able to stand (somewhat).  Wait until a year from now...

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...