Is Desantis the best new candidate since Obama?

He has the potential to be.  Definitely.  He has more accomplishments than Obama did as a candidate.  Mostly the results of governors having more power and responsibilities than a Senator.  However, like Obama before the 2008 primaries, I'm not sure how Desantis will perform on a national stage.  Trump steamrolled some pretty good candidates in 2016 and this is his first time back on the campaign trail against other Republicans since then.  How will DeSantis handle the attacks when on a debate stage with Trump"  Obama was able to beat the Clinton machine (barely) with his charisma, oracle skills, and that "fresh new penny" appeal.  I think DeSantis lacks that charisma but checks the other two criteria.  It should be interesting.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Despite his leans to conservative and traditional ideals, a Harvard and Yale military person with a law degree… under 50!!?! We need more of these 

It sounds great but if you dig a bit he's got some problems.   Disney is a huge blemish.  It's a private company so him attacking them seems against republican ideals.  Fighting woke bs should not be your primary goal as pres, he spends way too much time and effort on that crap.

I dont know how he'll get past Trump.  Hope he does as he's an infinitely better option.  My unlikely hope is that he becomes clear frontrunner and Dems then shift from Biden.  2 new younger options.

• Like (+1) 4

53 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

It sounds great but if you dig a bit he's got some problems.   Disney is a huge blemish.  It's a private company so him attacking them seems against republican ideals.  Fighting woke bs should not be your primary goal as pres, he spends way too much time and effort on that crap.

I dont know how he'll get past Trump.  Hope he does as he's an infinitely better option.  My unlikely hope is that he becomes clear frontrunner and Dems then shift from Biden.  2 new younger options.

That would be nice. 

also, Disney is a public company not private and Democrats are the party of big business in 2023. That’s changed markedly. Don’t take my word look at the money. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

he's a one trick pony. 

in 3 months ya'll will be latched to someone else's nutz, but then ultimately make daddy trump your nominee again

"You guys" wheeling out your senile old great granddad from the nursing home again?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

he's a one trick pony. 

in 3 months ya'll will be latched to someone else's nutz, but then ultimately make daddy trump your nominee again

Not to kink shame,  but I have noticex that you have a really weird habit of accusing republicans on "being on their knees", and "latched onto ... nutz". What do you think that is all about?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Did he go after Disney? I guess so. How did he do it? He took away the corporate welfare exemptions that their primary competitors (Universal and Seaworld) haven’t likewise been getting for the last fifty years. I thought the Left hated corporate welfare. No? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yet you desperately stalk and reply to me constantly seeking attention and validation. 

It’s quite odd really. 

👆🤡 - desperately? The only one desperate and pathetic here are people like you and @BillsFanNCclaiming to block people and then tag and/or respond to their comments every day.

I don’t need validation making fun of insecure people like you!

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• Agree 1