Is Desantis the best new candidate since Obama?

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

It is .. and he should make it know as such.

Republicans, thus far, seem incapable of conveying that. 

If DeSantis just comes out and says it’s a states rights issue now and he won’t legislate as President on this issue, there’s really nothing to debate.  

Trump was asked about this in his CNN Town Hall and went all word salad and said he’d do something that everyone would like .. which on this issue is impossible .. and unnecessary coming from the Presidential office. 

Thanks for clarifying that really there is not much that can be done on a federal level in regards to abortion. Not sure what Trump would be able to do about it but he does make the left panic so he's got that going for him.

Just now, wnyguy said:

Thanks for clarifying that really there is not much that can be done on a federal level in regards to abortion. Not sure what Trump would be able to do about it but he does make the left panic so he's got that going for him.

There’s abortion-related funding issues the President can address, such as the Helms Amendment. 

But, in regards to what the Supreme Court decided on abortion law, it’s up to the states now.    I haven’t heard DeSantis asked about this from a federal perspective, so it will be interesting to hear how he addresses it. 

• Like (+1) 1

JON GABRIEL: DeSantis or Trump? The choice is clear if Republicans actually want the White House.

“Biden is 80 and shows every year of it. Trump is 76 and can’t draw the crowds he used to. DeSantis is 44 and arguably has achieved more big policy reforms as chief executive than either one of them.

As always, the choice is up to right-leaning voters, who remain a tough crowd to read. Does the GOP want to defeat Biden at the polls, or spend another four years pretending that they won while a Democrat lives in the White House?”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/2023/05/25/desantis-trump-clear-choice-republican-presidential-election/70256702007/

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, BillStime said:

People would be moving to Florida if Donald Duck were governor. 

DeSaster is irrelevant.

Then how come they aren't going to CA. Weather is just as nice.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Gregg said:

Weather in CA is actually nicer.. less humidity and without the random afternoon downpours half of the year.  

Also, they have mountains in addition to their coastline.. just a beautiful landscape.  

It’s clear to everyone why people are moving to Florida en masse, but we can all play pretend I suppose. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

It sounds great but if you dig a bit he's got some problems.   Disney is a huge blemish.  It's a private company so him attacking them seems against republican ideals.  Fighting woke bs should not be your primary goal as pres, he spends way too much time and effort on that crap.

I dont know how he'll get past Trump.  Hope he does as he's an infinitely better option.  My unlikely hope is that he becomes clear frontrunner and Dems then shift from Biden.  2 new younger options.

I don’t think he’s better. I guess he’s not as sociopathic. He’s just as self serving and his politics are far right. His entire brand is the culture wars. Nothing else but age distinguishes him from trump 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I don’t think he’s better. I guess he’s not as sociopathic. He’s just as self serving and his politics are far right. His entire brand is the culture wars. Nothing else but age distinguishes him from trump 

Welp, that's good enough for me.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's already all filled up! Look how big the cities are in California compared to the ones in Florida 

Filled up? People are leaving in large numbers. The middle class and poor are struggling there. Many can't afford to live in CA. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

For the same reason why they won’t be moving to Florida in the near future = cost of living. 

Regardless - CA is the fourth largest economy in the world. They’re not hurting. 

And - most Californians are moving to Texas and NOT the armpit of America.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's already all filled up! Look how big the cities are in California compared to the ones in Florida 

Did you know you could fit every human on the planet shoulder to shoulder in the city of Los Angeles 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

For the same reason why they won’t be moving to Florida in the near future = cost of living. 

Regardless - CA is the fourth largest economy in the world. They’re not hurting. 

Leaving a D state for an R one.

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

“Most Californians are moving to Texas”

(one of the reddest states in the country)

OWNED!

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Did you know you could fit every human on the planet shoulder to shoulder in the city of Los Angeles 

And prices would go even higher

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

“Most Californians are moving to Texas”

(one of the reddest states in the country)

OWNED!

Not for long...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

And prices would go even higher

Not for long...

Y’all keep saying that and it never happens. 

Abbott beat Beto by 11 points and Republicans make further inroads with Hispanics every election. 

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

There’s abortion-related funding issues the President can address, such as the Helms Amendment. 

But, in regards to what the Supreme Court decided on abortion law, it’s up to the states now.    I haven’t heard DeSantis asked about this from a federal perspective, so it will be interesting to hear how he addresses it. 

Doesn’t matter - the R’s do not have a winning strategy when it comes to abortion.  

The red wave that never was coupled w the recent losses in red states specifically on this issue will have a massive impact on 2024.

And - if DeSaster is going to run on woke, attacking corporate America coupled with a monotone drumbeat - he will get destroyed even worse than Trump 2020.

Just now, BillStime said:

Doesn’t matter - the R’s do not have a winning strategy when it comes to abortion.  

The red wave that never was coupled w the recent losses in red states specifically on this issue will have a massive impact on 2024.

And - if DeSaster is going to run on woke, attacking corporate America coupled with a monotone drumbeat - he will get destroyed even worse than Trump 2020.

You’re right.  Republicans cannot compete if they focus on the culture wars.

Remind me how well Gov McCauliffe is doing in blue state Virginia?