Matt Araiza

SCBills

Just now, stinky finger said:

With what happened tonight….Punter? 

bad for sure but…

Well dudes getting paid a ton of money to do one thing. And he sucks at it. Like totally blows. I could argue his terrible punts cost us the game. He needs to go. We seem to be punting a lot these days so yeah, go away Mr Martin

6 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

Well dudes getting paid a ton of money to do one thing. And he sucks at it. Like totally blows. I could argue his terrible punts cost us the game. He needs to go. We seem to be punting a lot these days so yeah, go away Mr Martin

Punting is a byproduct of an awful offense. Let’s correct the real problem.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished listening to Beane's press conference. I agree with Beane's argument to keep Miller active while the Dallas police do and complete their investigation. Like Beane said, "We don't want to rush to judgment". However, he and the Bills are coming across, to me, as being very disingenuous. I'm referring to the Matt Araiza situation. Unlike Miller. Araiza was never arrested. Also unlike Miller, the Bills rushed to judgment and released Araisa. For those of you who aren't aware, Matt Araisa was exonerated of all charges. From my perspective, I think the Bills owe Matt Araisa an apology and need to invite him back to try and make the team. 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, gjv said:

Just finished listening to Beane's press conference. I agree with Beane's argument to keep Miller active while the Dallas police do and complete their investigation. Like Beane said, "We don't want to rush to judgment". However, he and the Bills are coming across, to me, as being very disingenuous. I'm referring to the Matt Araiza situation. Unlike Miller. Araiza was never arrested. Also unlike Miller, the Bills rushed to judgment and released Araisa. For those of you who aren't aware, Matt Araisa was exonerated of all charges. From my perspective, I think the Bills owe Matt Araisa an apology and need to invite him back to try and make the team. 

So your disappointment is in their current choice with Von or with their past choice in Araiza or with their current decision to not issue a formal public apology towards Araiza?

If it's their choice with Von, maybe they learned from their Araiza mistake.

If it's their choice with Araiza, yep, it was a mistake.  But you can understand their decision even if you don't agree with it based on the ugliness of the accusation.

If it's their current decision not to issue a formal public apology towards Araiza.  Really?  Is there any precedent of a team doing something like this in this situation?  It's not like Beane's decision ruined the kid's life.

11 minutes ago, gjv said:

What exactly did you want Beane to do/say?  Should he have trashed Von?  Should he have released him?

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So your disappointment is in their current choice with Von or with their past choice in Araiza or with their current decision to not issue a formal public apology towards Araiza?

If it's their choice with Von, maybe they learned from their Araiza mistake.

If it's their choice with Araiza, yep, it was a mistake.  But you can understand their decision even if you don't agree with it based on the ugliness of the accusation.

If it's their current decision not to issue a formal public apology towards Araiza.  Really?  Is there any precedent of a team doing something like this in this situation?  It's not like Beane's decision ruined the kid's life.

Disappointed with their rush to judgment in the Araiza case.  

Don't know of any precedent of a team making an apology. However, I don't believe precedence is needed to do the right thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.