Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Sooo the focus of this thread really shifted from the original dirt, concrete, and steel that’s in the thread title to PSLs and ticket prices.

Might it be best to create a separate thread for these and other Bills PSL & ticket & the stadium experience store concerns? Bc I keep clicking on this to see any construction updates only to find another page full of the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth about how it’s going to be too expensive for average Buffalo fans and everything is going to change.

I just wanna see life size Tonka-type and cement trucks, cranes, and steel here. Please.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, UConn James said:

Sooo the focus of this thread really shifted from the original dirt, concrete, and steel that’s in the thread title to PSLs and ticket prices.

Might it be best to create a separate thread for these and other Bills PSL & ticket & the stadium experience store concerns? Bc I keep clicking on this to see any construction updates only to find another page full of the rending of garments and gnashing of teeth about how it’s going to be too expensive for average Buffalo fans and everything is going to change.

I just wanna see life size Tonka-type and cement trucks, cranes, and steel here. Please.

there is

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’re going to hate our stadium.

This should be interesting.  They get lake effect snow as well.  If they get a domed stadium that comes within 500 mil of our price tag and the PSL's are less....watch out

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

This should be interesting.  They get lake effect snow as well.  If they get a domed stadium that comes within 500 mil of our price tag and the PSL's are less....watch out

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Well, that answers that...

Taking a look at Brook Park, gotta wonder where that 176 acres is and who is getting displaced....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Taking a look at Brook Park, gotta wonder where that 176 acres is and who is getting displaced....

Can you imagine if they announced a dome stadium for 1.7 billion?  I almost wish they would.  This place would be super entertaining

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Can you imagine if they announced a dome stadium for 1.7 billion?  I almost wish they would.  This place would be super entertaining

Yeah, I would probably take a break from this place for a while....

Based on the "at least twice that" quote, a dome stadium there would approach $3 billion when all said and done.

But just purchasing that land alone...and now the cat is out of the bag, the current occupants aren't going to be selling low...seems like a huge waste.

At least the Bills already had most of the land.

35 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Based on the "at least twice that" quote, a dome stadium there would approach $3 billion when all said and done.

But just purchasing that land alone...and now the cat is out of the bag, the current occupants aren't going to be selling low...seems like a huge waste.

Yeah, very disadvantageous to let the location of a potential stadium get out. I wouldn’t put it past Haslam to leave Cleveland if this doesn’t work out at the right price. 

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I wouldn’t put it past Haslam to leave Cleveland if this doesn’t work out at the right price. 

No doubt. They don't give two *****. And Cleveland already knows what that is like, unfortunately.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yes but Cleveland is a bigger city and there leaders have more going for them than Buffalo leaders that are poor business planners. The Cleveland Cavaliers arena is already renovated as is the Cleveland Guardians ballpark. I think the Cleveland Browns are going to do what they are doing in Chicago and build a dome over where the present Cleveland Browns stadium is now. I am old and not in great health with end stages muscular dystrophy but I going to have a good laugh in heaven when the new Bills stadium gets domed at some point in the new Bills stadium life span of 50 years. Remember this from

Buffalo Super Fan I told you so about doming the stadium. It has nothing to do about Super Bowl hosting games it’s has to do with 365 days all year usage to host anything from conferences to trade shows to sporting events to concert compared to 180 days or so. Again these modern stadiums you can make them more intimate depending on the size of the event. I don’t care what Terry Pegula wants he is wrong and isn’t looking out for Western New York community interest. The lack of events at Key Bank Center is a disgrace it’s him the way he conducts business less is more which works for him congratulations but doesn’t benefit Western New York community. That is seeing shows by past Buffalo weather they are concerts to sports events. Key Bank Center since Terry Pegula took over the arena sees a lot less usage which is very sad compared to the 1990’s early 2000’s in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

"regular" club seat holderWITH A LAWYER🤣  I ain't gots no lawyer!

I assume you are not a STH. I am also going to assume you donated funds, especially to out-of-town season ticket holders, (who kept their STH to help keep the Bills in Buffal0 from 99 to 2017) for all the November and December games when tickets could not be GIVEN away. I don't remember getting my donation but I can send you my Venmo if that helps.

People get pretty righteous when the Bills are good, don't they? Where were they from late November and December during the drought years?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Yes but Cleveland is a bigger city and there leaders have more going for them than Buffalo leaders that are poor business planners. The Cleveland Cavaliers arena is already renovated as is the Cleveland Guardians ballpark. I think the Cleveland Browns are going to do what they are doing in Chicago and build a dome over where the present Cleveland Browns stadium is now. I am old and not in great health with end stages muscular dystrophy but I going to have a good laugh in heaven when the new Bills stadium gets domed at some point in the new Bills stadium life span of 50 years. Remember this from

Buffalo Super Fan I told you so about doming the stadium. It has nothing to do about Super Bowl hosting games it’s has to do with 365 days all year usage to host anything from conferences to trade shows to sporting events to concert compared to 180 days or so. Again these modern stadiums you can make them more intimate depending on the size of the event. I don’t care what Terry Pegula wants he is wrong and isn’t looking out for Western New York community interest. The lack of events at Key Bank Center is a disgrace it’s him the way he conducts business less is more which works for him congratulations but doesn’t benefit Western New York community. That is seeing shows by past Buffalo weather they are concerts to sports events. Key Bank Center since Terry Pegula took over the arena sees a lot less usage which is very sad compared to the 1990’s early 2000’s in my opinion. Go Bills! Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

All due respect, you don't know what's best for WNY. Buffalo is, like you said, not a big city. On top of that, it's population has been in decline. So in this case, LESS IS MORE. In all your business wisdom, you'd spend an extra billion dollars to build a bigger stadium in a better area when the economics don't support it.

16 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Saying "my lawyer" just means you're old. It's like saying "my accountant" when referring to the person who does your taxes. Or "my doctor" when referring to your primary care physician who does your yearly checkups.

Well, @Mr Info, in his defense is not old. 

Better definition is elderly. 

Getting back on topic, I believe I passed some trucks delivering the steel for the new stadium today on the thruway.   Would have taken a picture if I could, but it looked like steel risers, similar to the stair risers in your home.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, @Mr Info, in his defense is not old. 

Better definition is elderly. 

Nope, not that definition either. Sheeitt…am not even retired.

You can use the term ageless. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• SDS changed the title to Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)
  • SDS pinned this topic
22 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

People get pretty righteous when the Bills are good, don't they? Where were they from late November and December during the drought years?

Hit with two many rights and passed out.

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Maybe there would be more construction discussion if the Bills FO staff pulled their heads out of their asses, and mounted a webcam on top of the Bills store.  I’d love to know why this has yet to happen. 

They have not figured out how to charge for view.