Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

5 hours ago, GottaRun said:

Today's live feed is active ... go full screen on your desktop and give it a minute for the feed quality to improve, you can see quite a lot

This webcam seems to come and go.  Sometimes it works fine, and other times you get a message that feed is private. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

This webcam seems to come and go.  Sometimes it works fine, and other times you get a message that feed is private. 

Nothin but the best for us.  

😁

2 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

It's a private lot hosting that camera, not the Bills themselves.  

Thanks!

But to my point still, what would it cost for the team to put a can up over OBD with a regular feed.  

It's not as if it's a top-secret project, it's right out in public.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 2

48 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Thanks!

But to my point still, what would it cost for the team to put a can up over OBD with a regular feed.  

It's not as if it's a top-secret project, it's right out in public.  

In most cases it’s actually the Construction Company that installs the camera. It’s considered to be good P.R. for the company. No idea why that isn’t being done here. It’s literally chump change to the Builder. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

It's a private lot hosting that camera, not the Bills themselves.  

Understood.  Which makes it even more embarrassing that some individual can setup a webcam, but the Bills can’t/won’t.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well, I’m going to the stadium today so if anyone wants updated pics I’ll take them. If not, I won’t bother. 

I know I laways appreciate updated photos. So, I vote yes!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

In most cases it’s actually the Construction Company that installs the camera. It’s considered to be good P.R. for the company. No idea why that isn’t being done here. It’s literally chump change to the Builder. 

The team could do it too.  It's even more chump change to them.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well, I’m going to the stadium today so if anyone wants updated pics I’ll take them. If not, I won’t bother. 

take some pics if you see them loading the new urinal troughs in!!!

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Understood.  Which makes it even more embarrassing that some individual can setup a webcam, but the Bills can’t/won’t.  

Terry wouldn't want to ruin the experience for those who haven't seen it yet.  They set up a store front in Depew with peep show booths. $20 for 30 seconds of looking and you need to buy a $100 yearly membership to buy the tokens.  Look for your invite in the mail.

• Haha (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s typically provided by the Builder because of liability etc. 

My brother works for a builder, they set up cameras on their sites, but for after-hours security than letting the public view it.  

7 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

My brother works for a builder, they set up cameras on their sites, but for after-hours security than letting the public view it.  

That’s also common but a different type of camera. The challenge with a project progress camera on a project as large as an NFL stadium is choosing an angle and a height that will consistently show something of value. We often have to move the camera location at least once or twice duration the construction schedule so you’re not staring at a never changing blank wall after a few months. 

Most expensive sports stadiums in the world...

1.  SoFi, $5.5 billion

2. Allegiant, $1.9 billion

3. MetLife, $1.7 billion

Tied for #4 at $1.5 billion are Wembley, Mercedes Benz, AT&T, and Yankee stadiums.

And, of course, the new Bills stadium when complete.  

Even when you adjust for inflation, the Bills stadium will be in the top twelve or so.  

I think it's pretty cool that the Bills will have such a nice home in a city that doesn't even rank in the top 100 in the world in population or GDP.