Bills are grandpa's based on average roster age.

Chaos

I’m thinking that something around a year is nuthin to be concerned with, now if those Bills players were on average, say my age, with my medical history…, now that would be something that would likely frighten the entire fan base, just sayin, 

GO BILLS!!!

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

10 or 11 months difference from the youngest.  And we haven’t yet announced the college udfa’s.  That 12-14 guys around 22 years of age which orobably drops the average age by 6 months.  

Every team will be signing UDFA to lower their average but most of them will get cut and not make the final roster

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

The range from youngest to oldest average roster age is pretty narrow in the NFL.  But Bills fans over the years have grown accustomed to the idea that the Bills are young.  All of sudden we are grandpas. Key players like hyde poyer miller are pretty old. And they all have mileage.  When you average it out among the  AFC elite the Bills are the grandpas, the chiefs are the dads, and the Bengals are the kids. 

image.thumb.png.b0b3cf5017d477df02b8d7e18912517c.png

image.thumb.png.139f38c0294f176838b90e71bcd996f0.png

image.thumb.png.3f04b63bd1c7605f06ad8c18ac8a775c.png

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Not sure it matters.  But something I noticed. 

Chaos........you continue to come up with some contrived premises in the rush to share "found info" without perspective. :lol:

At no point since McBeane arrived in town have the Bills fielded a young roster by league standards.  

They've consistently had one of the very oldest rosters each season at the start of seasons.

Phillyvoice.com tracks this every year.   Takes 5 seconds to search it.

2017 3rd oldest.

2018 5th oldest.

2019 7th oldest.

2020 10th oldest.

2021 6th oldest.

2022 6th oldest. 

They have averaged being the 6th oldest team in the NFL every year since McD arrived.

Appreciate the enthusiasm but c'mon........this was an easy look-up.

• Agree 2

I haven’t thought of the Bills as “young” in awhile - probably since Josh’s second year or so. I’d guess most Bills fans don’t either. Looks like they have a good mix right now, and they’re still firmly in a Super Bowl window. 

9 hours ago, Lost said:

I have a hard time believing the Jets are Older on average than the Bills.   Aaron Rodgers must really skew the numbers for them. 

Their kicker is 35 and their punter is 37.  Their best players besides Rodgers are very young though.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

and Daquan and Morse and Martin… diggs turning 30

where I think it’s not terrible is I don’t care much about Martin being old and depth guys like quess, mancz, and Barkley likely don’t even make the 53 and I’m guessing a lot of teams aren’t carrying 33 year old OL12, OL13, RB4 and QB3 at the moment 

they also have a 35 year old kicker, like 40 year old punter, a mid 30s OT…

their star playmakers (outside Rodgers) are young but they have a lot of aging role players. 

As a fellow 38 year old I approve the idea that Duane Brown is still in his mid 30s....

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

The range from youngest to oldest average roster age is pretty narrow in the NFL.  But Bills fans over the years have grown accustomed to the idea that the Bills are young.  All of sudden we are grandpas. Key players like hyde poyer miller are pretty old. And they all have mileage.  When you average it out among the  AFC elite the Bills are the grandpas, the chiefs are the dads, and the Bengals are the kids. 

image.thumb.png.b0b3cf5017d477df02b8d7e18912517c.png

image.thumb.png.139f38c0294f176838b90e71bcd996f0.png

image.thumb.png.3f04b63bd1c7605f06ad8c18ac8a775c.png

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Not sure it matters.  But something I noticed. 

I love the scout work you did so please forgive me for what I am about to do ahead of time.. And I sincerely hope its contagious

giphy.gif 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.