Poona Ford signing with the Bills

mathja

2 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I wanted Ford all along.  This is a good signing for Buffalo.  For the first time that I can remember Buffalo has 2 very good 1DT in Jones and Ford.

Not an overpaid and underwhelming DT in Star Lotulelei.  Or a 3DT playing out of position at 1DT - Vernon Butler, Quinton Jefferson, Tim Settle,  Jordan Phillips etc.

vet excited for this signing 

I was told by Brandon Beane that Ed Oliver does great things that don’t show up on the stat sheet 

Beane wouldn't even look at you🤣

monkey finger GIF

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

Stunned they got him but what a huge signing. Now let’s reel in DHop. I wonder what we have offered AZ, if anything yet. Would a 3rd and 6th do it?

If they land DHop with all the other pieces they’ve added, the burden fully shifts to McDermott and Dorsey to game plan and utilize all the weapons they have.

7 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

*whispers....now we can trade Ed Oliver to make room for Hopkins*

Lol, different positions.  

Ford played out of position in 2022, Pete Carrol admitted as much.  He was used as a 3-T and 5-T, basically similar to Quenton Jefferson. 

He is much better suited at the 1-T (but can play both spots for us).  Very very good signing by Beane.  Seattle's mistake is a benefit for us getting him at a lower contract. 

Him and Daquan should make life alot easier for our LB crew/more versatile to beef up on early downs

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Process said:

Jones and Poona at 1T and Phillips and Settle and 3T. There is zero reason to be burning $10M in cap on Ed Oliver and then watching him walk next year. Bills have to move him and use the money elsewhere.

Settle underwhelmed LY, and Phillips is a high injury risk each year.

Ed is their best 3-T, I'd be shocked if they are looking to shop him.

• Like (+1) 2

Solid signings by Beane so far, I've always wanted RB Latavius Murray and now he's a Bill, he ran for 700 yards, 5 TD and a 4.4 YPC average, not bad for a 33 year old. Now with Ford you get a productive DT who came here for less money to get a SB ring, some great motivation there! 

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Settle underwhelmed LY, and Phillips is a high injury risk each year.

Ed is their best 3-T, I'd be shocked if they are looking to shop him.

All of our defensive tackles are in a contract year, so they should be playing hungry to land a bigger deal in the off-season.

Ed Oliver has shown glimpses of high level play, but hopefully he can break out this season, even if he ends up signing elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.