209 members have voted

1. 1. Targets

• Kincaid
    • Davis
    • Knox
    • Hardy
    • Shakir
    • Sherrfield

I would pump the breaks on Kincaid being number 2 in targets.....I would not say its not possible but it is not likely.   Rookie TE's in general dont perform that way and I get he is kind of a slot TE.  The favorite for #2 in targets should be Gabe Davis.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I would pump the breaks on Kincaid being number 2 in targets.....I would not say its not possible but it is not likely.   Rookie TE's in general dont perform that way and I get he is kind of a slot TE.  The favorite for #2 in targets should be Gabe Davis.

I think it will start out that way but by midseason, just my feeling, Kincaid starts rolling.

• Agree 1

I could see a world in which Kincaid just crushes it, but at the end of the day, he's a rookie... and a rookie TE at that (although yes, maybe more of a slot).  

I think the safe bet is Kincaid opens things up more for Davis, and in a contract year, we see if he's worth giving an extension to.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think the bigger question is who will be 3rd.  I might have to go with Shakir and then  Knox and Kincaid.  If Shakir takes over the old Beasley stuff plus plays outside for Davis and Diggs on occasion I think he could see a lot of targets.  If Knox and Kincaid both catch between 40 and 60 balls I'd consider that a win compared to Knox and Morris/Sweeney.  If Kincaid catches 40 balls I'll be happy.  Sixty or more and I'll start listening to talk about him being the next Kelce or something of that ilk. 

I think that the answer is Davis. 

I tend to believe Brandon Beane's words about having faith in Davis. 

Also - expecting big numbers from any rookie tight end is definitely a reach. Kincaid can be in the dream process of developing into a generational talent at TE - yet still have somewhat muted stats in his rookie year. Would not expect him to be #2 in targets next season.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Kincaid and Cook will get a lot of targets in the passing game. 

They will if Dorsey is calling the game right.

There's a remote chance that Shorter actually eats into Davis' targets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Davis averaged over 6/game in 2022, Knox just over 4/game.  Don’t see Knox surpassing Davis in 2023 now that we have Kincaid, and Kincaid will be lucky to have more targets than Knox given that he is a rookie and will be new to the offense.  A Davis injury is the only thing that should keep him from being #2 in targets again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.