209 members have voted

1. 1. Targets

• Kincaid
    • Davis
    • Knox
    • Hardy
    • Shakir
    • Sherrfield

Beasley had more targets than Gabe in 2020 I'm guessing?

If Kincaid looks strong in camp and develops chemistry with Josh,  it's possible he could see 90 targets 

65 receptions, 800 yards and 8 TDs 

If Gabe is asked to block less and used on more route variations, he may see around 100 targets

Edited by Warriorspikes51

It won't be Davis simply because he makes most of his living downfield, has too many drops, inconsitencies, and doesn't win many contested catches... I expect Kincaid to fullfill a desperate need that has not been replaced since the Beasley injury.

If Kincaid can do what we exepct him to be in this offense than I see him easily getting plenty of targets... It will show if we really are ready to win it all because IMO if Davis becomes #2 in tagets then nothing really has changed, but if Kincaid is #2 in targets then we are keeping opposing offenses off the field while we extend drives, win the field position battle and probably score more redzone TDs

I don't think Sherfield will be #2 in targets but I do think he's kind of the forgotten man in the wideout discussion.   Some thoughts...

*  Nice combination of speed and size: 6'1'', 219 lbs, and runs a 4.45. 

*  He had PFF's highest-grade among all receivers as a blocker last season

*  According to Next Gen Stats, Sherfield had the 3rd highest YAC over expected last season - trailing only Jaylen Waddle and Deebo Samuel.

*  Had 30 receptions for 417 yards for the Fins last season competing for targets with a couple of superstars.

*  Can work slot or outside.

*  Sounds like a guy who works hard but hasn't had a lot of breaks...  The Tyler Dunne article makes me want to root for Sherfield - and believe in him.

www.golongtd.com/p/the-trent-sherfield-prophecy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.