209 members have voted

1. 1. Targets

• Kincaid
    • Davis
    • Knox
    • Hardy
    • Shakir
    • Sherrfield

Kincaid will be fun to watch and will see targets. But Gabe Davis rarely leaves the field. Routinely last year Davis was even the WR the rare times we had 1 WR out there because he add the blocking element. Kincaid will be out there in certain packages. Maybe 40ish snaps a game in my opinion. 

Barring missing time to injury Davis should be seeing a ton of targets.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Davis. He is still a big part of the offense and I think of his ankles stay healthy should have a big season.

Sadly his ankle has given him problems from the get go, hope it stays healthy going forward. If not then DK may end up as the # in receptions, 

I voted Davis.   But I think the targets to folks not named Diggs or Davis will go up this year.  Sherfield and Kincaid will both be important pieces of this offense.  

But who's Hardy?   Did one of the Hardy Boys/Boyz join the Bills?

Edited by hondo in seattle

Davis was a massive disappointment last year, so if he’s seeing 2nd in targets, we aren’t winning a super bowl. None of this rookie bs, we’ve seen rookies get thrown into the mix right away. If Kincaid isn’t seeing more targets than Davis, then Kincaid was a reach in the 1st. 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The order in the poll is my order for the targets after Diggs.

I think Kincaid is going to be Josh's new safety blanket, like the comparisons to Beasley's targets but bigger and probably adds more in the redzone. 

He will be more reliable than Davis IMO.

Personally, my confidence in Davis was sky high last offseason and the polar opposite this offseason to where I now question if he is capable of even being a good WR2 or is just better suited to be a good WR3.  

So I am hoping you are correct right now, because even though Kincaid has not stepped on the field yet, I have more confidence in his reliability to make the plays than I do in Davis.  Heading into camp, feels like Davis would be best suited as more of a 3rd option where we feed Diggs and Kincaid and then focus more on putting Davis in the spots he is most comfortable to make plays with confidence.  

At the same time, my bigger concern is Dorsey figuring out how to get Kincaid relevant targets still.  Yes it is easy for us all to sit back and say Dorsey will use him like Beasley today...its another thing to see him really do it on the field.  Last year he struggled to use our personnel for the way they were intended when we acquired them.  Cook and Hines were brought in last year to be receiving weapons and despite the struggles at slot and the need to get Josh more help, Dorsey just didn't use them this way and didn't use Hines at all.  Knox was brought here a developmental weapon at TE, and he leads the team in catch % the last 2 seasons and also has 15 TD's....yet he only got 65 targets this year, again in a season where the slot position was struggling and Josh needed a reliable weapon.  And Shakir showed promise but couldn't get time at the slot despite the slot struggles. 

I will have a lot more confidence in whether or not Kincaid will truly be a major part of the pass attack when I see Dorsey actually use him that way.  Kincaid isn't much of a blocker right now, so if Dorsey treats him more as a TE2 than he isn't going to take Knox off the field a lot and might end up with less than 50 targets and put up a season of 30-35 rec and like 400 yards and a few TDs.  So I am hoping Dorsey truly does use him as more of a big slot than a TE, if he does, Kincaid could be 2nd in targets by seasons end.  

• Like (+1) 1

I still think it will be Davis. Between how McD liking to bring on rookies and few TEs come out the gate strong. Even Kelce's 1st year was bad. I hope I'm wrong but that's just what I'm thinking 

Edited by bearcat

Targets will be Diggs and Davis as top 2.  I do think they will both be less than last year.

Knox and Kincaid will team up for well over 100.

There will be more distribution of the ball this season.  It is the key to having consistent success.

Sorry for the fans wanting fantasy football stats from these guys.  It's not about that, it's about winning.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.