LIVE ***NFL Draft, Day 3, coverage at noon.

HOUSE

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

They've had success at it in recent years,  but I wouldn't necessarily expect that as the norm.  In the longer term,  I think this is a better late round strategy.  

I'm liking beane getting picks for next year. We can make a trade or 2 into the 4th/5th

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I'm fine with stock piling picks for next year when we'll have more available roster spots.  I've got a spread sheet with the Bills current roster plus the new additions and there is no room.  Presuming all the rookies make the team, we are going to have to cut some name players.  

• Agree 1

Yes, I'm sure the excess of 6th & 7th round picks next year will really put us over the edge! 

I don't really care much tbh, but still, figured they'd at least want some fresh prospects to at least add depth or compete in camp. We were cap strapped this offseason, didn't make any big moves, and the team obviously needs more to advance, but yeah... not going to overreact over a 6th round pick either way.

2 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Assuming the Rams struggle next season, their 2024 6th is close to a late 5th. I like how Beane is building draft capital for next year.

Agreed. With our roster, we're just taking camp bodies at this point. Stock draft capital for next year

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

Ok now I'm really thinking maybe they are after Hopkins. I can't imagine we're using all those picks next year, or are we idk now lol.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion this means we're loading up on picks specifically for Hopkins.

Next year's Draft is universally considered to be a deeper class. So if someone wants to give us a 7th and a 6th next year in a better class for our 6th this year, it's a no brainer.

Plus, Beane likes to move around the board. Extra ammo facilitates moving up if he wants next year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I was hoping for a 1-tech DT prospect - maybe Baylor's Ika, but he went right after we picked Williams in the 3rd. Pinned my hopes on taking a flyer on Coburn, but KC picked him up in the 6th.

Oh well... I can hope teams don't run on us, and Jones stays healthy. We can beat most teams with good secondary play and our offensive weapons, just gets a lot harder down the stretch when we play potent offenses that can run the ball to move the chains. Hard for me to forget the Bengals running the ball down our throats that last game. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.