RD 2, Pick 59: G O’Cyrus Torrence, Florida

SDS

I like players like Torrence but all our interior line are athletic and mobile and dont think he is a good scheme fit. Its like drafting a 34 defensive end who are big and strong (AJ Epenesa) and trying to make them fit into a smaller faster 43 scheme.

I hope he works out but the pick doesnt make sense.

• Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I like players like Torrence but all our interior line are athletic and mobile and dont think he is a good scheme fit. Its like drafting a 34 defensive end who are big and strong (AJ Epenesa) and trying to make them fit into a smaller faster 43 scheme.

I hope he works out but the pick doesnt make sense.

AJ Epenesa is not big enough or long enough to be a 34 end… The prototype is 6 foot five 310 pounds

JJ Watt is a smalller 34 end at 6’5 295…  compared to Muhammad Wilkerson at 6’6 315 … Epenesa is not a prototype 34 end 

Every single guard drafted unless your name is Quinton Nelson or Zack Martin is developmental… We got a guard who is pro bowl caliber with the right development

Edited by Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, QCity said:

I think a better question is who doesn't know Nick Bolton is their MLB? I mean he was 2nd in the league in tackles lol

To be fair Preston Brown led the league in tackles

Doesn’t make him a stud…. It means you were picked on

People tried to avoid Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher…. You could rack up 170 tackles as a middle linebacker because you are attacked and can wrap up

Edited by Buffalo716

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

AJ Epenesa is not big enough or long enough to be a 34 end… The prototype is 6 foot five 310 pounds

JJ Watt is a small 34 end at 6’5 295… Epenesa is not a 34 end 

Every single guard drafted unless your name is Quinton Nelson or Zack Martin is developmental… We got a guard who is pro bowl caliber with the right development

Lol what.. Epenesa was like 6’6” 280 coming out of college.  There def was talk of him being more of a 34 end like they said. The Bills made him lose weight and completely change his body. 

Looking at a bunch of 34 DEs over the years and there’s a whole lot that are 6’5” 285 (the first 4 that came up in search were all smaller than your 6’5” 300 lb prototype) so idk where you’re getting that’s too small because that is incorrect. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

9 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Bills have 5 starting caliber players on the iOL now. Beane should try to flip one of them for a pick.

No, keep them, we will need them.

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

But can he play C, or is he strictly a G?  and if a G, L or R?

The biggest IOL in the draft does not play C.  I do not know for sure, but, I don't think a C has ever been this big in the NFL.  He is a G and Guard only.  Very excited about the pick.

Was reading some things about him and the key points I found interesting.

- Excelled at Louisiana as a freshman - Freshman All American team

- All sunbelt conference his sophomore and junior years

- Wanted to take it to next level and goes to Florida and becomes consensus first team All American

- Goes to Senior Bowl and has stand out performance

- Did very well against Jalen Carter when he matched up against him

- Had high pass and run blocking grades consistently throughout his collegiate career

- Never gave up a single sack or QB knockdown his senior year with Florida against top SEC competition

- Never gave up a sack in over 3000 snaps his entire collegiate career

- Didn’t have a single penalty called against him at Florida his senior year

All this guy has ever done is been consistently very good everywhere he has gone.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Gonna have to give me some time on this one.

As someone who spent the last 2 months banging the board for the Bills to draft IOL, Torrence was my least favorite prospect. Would rather have snagged Tippman or Schmitz.

Torrence reminds me too much of Cody Ford.

I hope he does well. I appreciate the pick at OL. But I'll have to come around on this one in time.

I liked Tippman and Schmitz too.  I didn't like Torrence in the 1st, but, I am good with him in the 2nd.  I hear what you are saying exactly.  But, I think the value is too good to pass on at #59.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.