How to use Kincaid

While I am joining those giving Dorsey some side-eye about being able to maximize explosive players part of me wondered "Well, what would I do with him?" 

So I figured, why not make a place where people would put in some X's and O's about how they would try use Kincaid

Quick idea for me would using him as a slotback, effectively lining up in the slot but behind to the line. 

Curious what other people come up with.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

While I am joining those giving Dorsey some side-eye about being able to maximize explosive players part of me wondered "Well, what would I do with him?" 

So I figured, why not make a place where people would put in some X's and O's about how they would try use Kincaid

Quick idea for me would using him as a slotback, effectively lining up in the slot but behind to the line. 

Good thread.

Start by looking at the route tree that worked for him in college.  I'd also interview him about certain plays that really feel natural for him.  Look at our current offensive personnel, and see if our roster could handle an NFL version of those college plays.

Then?

DO IT!

• Agree 1

What I can see just from the highlights.  He plays a LOT of slot lineups and he goes deep.

-  Go from the slot

-  Deep Post from the slot

-  Mid Curl from the slot

-  Red Zone:  Out (tight)

-  Deep Flag from the slot

.......I stopped analyzing...... but I think we get the point.  Dude's a BIG slot WR that can also play tight if needed.  I don't see a lot of motion in Utah, but that would be an interesting wrinkle.lllll.  Watch out

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Snakeoiler996 said:

23 jump pass twister.  Josh hands off to cook.  Cook takes the ball but stops and jumps in the air while doing a 360 spin, then throws the ball over the line to a waiting kincaid in the endzone

works best in goalline.  Works every time

you are welcome

that is absurdity!

everyone knows that play only works if the player spins clockwise. cook is right handed!  now we need to use capital to move up to get the personel to run it which will def cost our next 5 picks.

you just destroyed the team for the next decade. 

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The dude can and will line up at any wr position…I keep reading ‘josh Allen only throws to wide receivers’ and Kincaid definitely qualifies as that lol 

he’s not really a true tight end…he’s a lot closer to a big target wr2/wr3

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

16 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well first & foremost using or targeting him more than they did Knox or Morris which Morris is about the same player & showed excellent hands when thrown to would be a step in the right direction but only time will tell .

17 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

its the formations that we can do. My favorite is Bunch formations..

For the sake of confusion all the bunch formations will be on right side of the los. 

Knox-Kincaid-Davis   Tight to the Line of Scrimmage. Davis being a good run blocker, you can throw lots of screens with this and let Cook do his thing. Knox can run a rout or pick up a block.

Knox-Kincaid-Diggs more outside the Line. you can do a WR screen run routs. And shift Knox here to the inside when they line up because the QB senses a blitz (Blitzes happens a lot out of bunch formations it seems) The next play you shift Knox on the inside again but both TE run routs anyways. 

If one tackle or another is struggling with a DE, you put Knox on that side the QB run wheel to the other side giving him more time.

You can run 2 TE right next to each other and have both of them do routs.. while having Davis out wide one way and Knox the other.

Hell.. you could do a formation where Knox, Davis and Diggs  are on one side and Kincaid alone on an Island on the other side creating mismatches,

Where people are getting lost... when you have a really good TE in Knox on the field and a Top tier Big Bodied receiver with him... it opens up possibilities and is not just what Kincaid can do, but what Kincaid does for the rest of your roster. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

Dalton is more of a Dallas Clark type. He doesn't have Kelce's size

Kincaid is 6’4”  246 lbs

Kelce is 6’5”  250 lbs

Clark is 6’3”  252 lbs

Kittle is 6’4”  250 lbs

Kincaid is right there with ‘em all.

I only mentioned Kelce because he’s the gold standard.  Dorsey needs to figure out how to use our two TE’s.

(I’ll take 2007-09 Dallas Clark too!)

Come out in 12 personnel 

Motion him to the slot if the D is in a base 34 or 43 or pound the rock if they're in nickel. 

Motion out Cook or Hines too. 

He just adds more versatility and personnel issues for the defense.  New wrinkle to an already explosive O..

Can get super creative with his use

Edited by JerseyBills

52 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Kincaid is 6’4”  246 lbs

Kelce is 6’5”  250 lbs

Clark is 6’3”  252 lbs

Kittle is 6’4”  250 lbs

I only mentioned Kelce because he’s the gold standard.  Dorsey needs to figure out how to use our two TE’s.

The measurable scan be different than the body type and playing style. Kincaid is not a bruiser like Kelce or even Kittle. He relies more on height and speed than using his body to Muscle his way open. He is more of the big WR than the true TE. 

2 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

Kincaid is 6’4”  246 lbs

Kelce is 6’5”  250 lbs

Clark is 6’3”  252 lbs

Kittle is 6’4”  250 lbs

Dalton Kincaid officially measured 6-foot-3 and a half and 246 pounds at the combine. He also boasts 10.25-inch hands and a 78 3/8-inch wingspan.

21 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

Dalton Kincaid officially measured 6-foot-3 and a half and 246 pounds at the combine. He also boasts 10.25-inch hands and a 78 3/8-inch wingspan.

Guess my point was completely missed, or I didn’t properly explain.

Travis Kelce is the best TE we’ve seen in a long time. He seems to be wide open on every play. 

It was asked how to best use Kincaid. I said, watch Kelce and implement. Fully understand they’re not the exact same player. But sure would like a TE that Josh can find open like 7-11.  That’s all I meant. Feel free to substitute any other TE you’d like to see Kincaid turn into, vs Kelce. 

3 hours ago, Bills Bud said:

Dalton is more of a Dallas Clark type. He doesn't have Kelce's size

lol. Kelce is only an inch taller

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

The measurable scan be different than the body type and playing style. Kincaid is not a bruiser like Kelce or even Kittle. He relies more on height and speed than using his body to Muscle his way open. He is more of the big WR than the true TE. 

Kincaid does actually fight for yards after the catch along with being elusive

Edited by Warriorspikes51

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.