Jim Kelly vs. Lesean McCoy

Shemp

If Jim wanted to be petty, all he would have to say is that the only titles Shady has are from games he was benched for and didn't even play a snap in.

Regardless, this is all stupid.  The argument has nothing to do with Super Bowls or whatever each guy has or doesn't have.  This was about whether the Bills need a top flight RB or not.  We don't. 

This is a passing league and pass catching weapons are where it's at.  Now, does the prospect of having a star RB running against light boxes have intrigue?  Of course it does, but I think the guys we have here can manage that just fine if we get better blocking up front.  Better blocking up front opens everything up in both the pass and running games.  That's why we all wish our front office took it more seriously than they have shown in the past.  Improve the o-line and the backs we have on the roster will be more than good enough to get the job done for the amount of time I want to spend running the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Thurman had a great O-Line. it's why he did what he did

It was good for sure but not great. Emmit Smith used to run through some gaping holes.  Haha

• Like (+1) 1

Always said he'd be perfect for this junk-grade media sh!t.

Has a totally reasonable,  OBVIOUS,  take that another WR would be more helpful RB............but spins it into enough controversy with a gratuitous shot at another former player to get himself and that irrelevant show he appeared on some clicks.   

Ultimately.........the dude is just a super-creep off the field.........and he's off the field forever now........so probably just a matter of time before he does something stupid and gets himself cancelled.

But maybe all the overzealous, celebrity worshipping Bills fans who worshipped him for all the wrong reasons will wise up to their gullibility now, though.  

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Thurman Thomas was the greatest RB of all time, IMO and ahead of his time. If he played in today's game he would be unstoppable. He basically was anyways. 

McCoy was a very good to maybe great RB. That's the difference. 

Thurman wasn’t the best RB on his college team.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Eassyyyy Shady.  You're talking about one of our Rushmore guys here.  I've liked you since you became a Bill and after, but that can change reall quick when you go after a Buffalo legend.

I get it with LeSean taking it easy and maybe watching his words but he's not wrong,  and I will admit that for years I have always wanted Kelly to just be a fan and stay out of the way. 

10 hours ago, Gregg said:

When you look at the Bills history with QB's there are only 4 worth mentioning. Kemp, Ferguson, Kelly, Allen. 

I’m still irritated Bledsoe couldn’t get us past the Steelers’ 3rd string roster to get into the playoffs, or he’d be on this list too. Honorable mention for Flutie…and his Flakes were top notch! 

Jim Kelly could NOT have even existed in the era of social media. So let's please all take his sanctimoniousness with a grain of salt. He's not unimpeachable. 

LeSean McCoy is ALSO not known to be the most decent dude in real life (because of increased access to information). But McCoy never took shots at Jim Kelly's career (or holier-than-thou views) until Jim Kelly took shots at McCoy's efforts to amplify civil rights. 

All that being said (two flawed dudes on opposite ends of the political spectrum), this topic is mostly just a tribal whistle. It's not really germane. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

#1- they are absolutely both in agreement the bills need a "top dog" / "star" RB

#2 - then to transition to throwing shade at Kelly for 4 SB loses ?? sounds like he has an ax to grind...probably the kneeling issue

#3- when shady was with buffalo....i always admired how candid he was with the press instead of the corporate speak. now he's a talking head on TV and trying to make a mark.....but he came out on this too strong against kelly and seemingly out of nowhere.... poor taste.

#4- some truth to Kelly getting more credit and less blame than is deserved. he personally played horrible in those SB games and was completely surrounded on offense with alot of elite talent....thomas, reed, lofton, hull, richter, ballard, wolford ....my goodness

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.