The Allen-Diggs Relationship in Decline?

hondo in seattle

We all know that Allen and Diggs are/were best friends.  We also all know what happened with Diggs at the end of the last season.

Recently, Allen was asked if his relationship with Diggs was still solid.  He responded, "Absolutely...  Stef's gonng be Stef.  I love the guy. He is one of my favorite people on this planet. He is so fiery, so competitive. He wants the ball in his hands 24/7, and I’m never going to not like a guy like that. He wants what’s best for the team.”

To me, that sounds a lot like coach-speak.  Allen keeps it positive, as he should.  But he never actually says that he and Diggs are still talking, hanging out, playing games together, acting like brothers from different mothers...  And his comment, "I'm never going to dislike a guy like that" came off as a little odd to me.  Who said anything about disliking?  Do you have reasons to dislike Stef that you're overcoming?  

I'm not going to churches, temples, synagogues, and mosques, bawling my eyes out, earnestly praying for divine intervention for them to patch things up.  But I do have some concerns about their relationship this year.  I hope those concerns are wrong.  

• Vomit 7
  • Eyeroll 19
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 7

It's a speculation I get. We ALL knew entering this relationship with Diggs that he was the type to act/speak out if he felt he wasn't being utilized correctly. Welp here we are. To me, and anyone who shares my frame of thought, MAKE HIM HAPPY. That includes proper game planning and proper roster management. He isn't wrong for feeling like something's off CAUSE IT IS! Beane made the right decision to bring this type of passionate guy to our table, now he needs to do what's necessary to keep that same type of personality HAPPY which only equates to winning!! I'm not mad at Diggs for putting pressure on the front office and you shouldn't either!!!!

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

We all know that Allen and Diggs are/were best friends.  We also all know what happened with Diggs at the end of the last season.

Recently, Allen was asked if his relationship with Diggs was still solid.  He responded, "Absolutely...  Stef's gonng be Stef.  I love the guy. He is one of my favorite people on this planet. He is so fiery, so competitive. He wants the ball in his hands 24/7, and I’m never going to not like a guy like that. He wants what’s best for the team.”

To me, that sounds a lot like coach-speak.  Allen keeps it positive, as he should.  But he never actually says that he and Diggs are still talking, hanging out, playing games together, acting like brothers from different mothers...  And his comment, "I'm never going to dislike a guy like that" came off as a little odd to me.  Who said anything about disliking?  Do you have reasons to dislike Stef that you're overcoming?  

I'm not going to churches, temples, synagogues, and mosques, bawling my eyes out, earnestly praying for divine intervention for them to patch things up.  But I do have some concerns about their relationship this year.  I hope those concerns are wrong.  

All you need to do is to look at the fact that the Bills restructured Diggs this off-season.  That essentially makes it impossible to get rid of him for the next 2 seasons.   

You can read into any comments you want, but the Bills don’t make that move if there was some concern about Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I would argue it’s probably more accurate to say these guys were never “besties” or whatever.  

Just 2 guys having a blast winning games and making millions and becoming household names. 

I put the odds at around 90% at some point this exchange happened likely at some point during or after the Minnesota Meltdown:

Diggs:  “You’re elite because I showed up.”

Allen:  “You’re elite because of me.”  

Diggs:  “Stop throwing to our trash WR 3 and Singletary who has no YAC.”

Allen:  “I can’t throw to you every play.”

Diggs:  “Yes you can.”

I couldn’t care less.  Diggs sees the end of his peak years coming and that’s what he cares about - winning a SB while he can.  Allen has hopefully 15 years left in the league.  

We’re having this discussion bc WRs are divas.  Period.  Unless something happened off the field which I highly highly doubt.  

AJ Brown was complaining during the playoffs about getting the ball.  It just comes with the territory.  

36 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I think you're trying to create drama that isn't there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

First off, you nor I, nor anyone else on this board knows the status of Diggs and Allen’s business relationship, and yes it is a business relationship first and foremost.  

2nd off, why trouble yourself with things that you have zero control of? Why so serious…, 

3rd, kick back and enjoy the show, 🍸🚬🍿🍸🚬🍿🍸🚬🍿🍸🚬🍿

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1