The Walls be Closing

Kemp

20 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  It was a call to jail a political opponent without due process with which the intended beneficiary (Trump) agreed.  

Hoax.  It was a campaign slogan that he did nothing to advance once he got into office.

He had 4 years to follow up. Do you think he was actually going to throw her in jail without due process? Did locking people up without due process happen to anyone during his term?

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Hoax.  It was a campaign slogan that he did nothing to advance once he got into office.

He had 4 years to follow up. Do you think he was actually going to throw her in jail without due process? Did locking people up without due process happen to anyone during his term?

The orange dude got impeached for asking about what Biden openly did. 

I must have missed where he had Biden spied on or sicked the DOJ on him.  

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, snafu said:

What do you think due process is? because it's currently happening, like this is the process.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

It was one of the first indications of his desire to violate norms.  He couldn’t incarcerate her.  We know that.  But did he?  And would he have tried?  And is his lack of effort indicative of anything other than incompetence? (How are the wall and repeal and replace going?)

His behavior over the next four years suggests that he would have tried to incarcerate her if laziness/opportunity didn’t intervene.  And, word salad/hyperbole isn’t an excuse for what he encouraged.  There’s a big difference between a campaign slogan (for example, change we can believe in, morning in America, or even make America great again) and a repeated call to incarcerate a political opponent.   

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, snafu said:

Hershel Walker logic.

30 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

The one about the Guangxi Massacre in mao's cultural revolution?

yes, that one also ended badly for the Chinese populace....and the only wannabe emperor is trump

Edited by redtail hawk

22 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

The orange dude got impeached for asking about what Biden openly did. 

I must have missed where he had Biden spied on or sicked the DOJ on him.  

As if the DOJ/FBI is going to weaponize in favor of any republican, let alone the orange menace.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What do you think due process is? because it's currently happening, like this is the process.

Did you miss my earlier post where I said that this current case against Trump affords him due process?

It’s up on the prior page.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It was one of the first indications of his desire to violate norms.  He couldn’t incarcerate her.  We know that.  But did he?  And would he have tried?  And is his lack of effort indicative of anything other than incompetence? (How are the wall and repeal and replace going?)

His behavior over the next four years suggests that he would have tried to incarcerate her if laziness/opportunity didn’t intervene.  And, word salad/hyperbole isn’t an excuse for what he encouraged.  There’s a big difference between a campaign slogan (for example, change we can believe in, morning in America, or even make America great again) and a repeated call to incarcerate a political opponent.   

So your answer is no.  He didn’t jail anyone during his four years in office without due process.  

Thanks — and talk about a word salad. Nice post there.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

So your answer is no.  He didn’t jail anyone during his four years in office without due process.  

Thanks — and talk about a word salad. Nice post there.

Don’t confuse the result with the effort.  Our collective standards for what passes for acceptable behavior for our leaders had fallen off of a cliff since 2016.  Not my standard, mind you.  Bit apparently yours has so declined. 

Often absent from the current Trump campaign discussions is the fact that most of his former Cabinet and administration don’t even support him.  Pompeo isn’t supporting him.  Bolton isn’t supporting him.   Barr isn’t supporting him.  Haley is running against him.  And the list of former Trunp officials who despise him is now legion.  His second Defense Secretary called him “a threat to national security,” “a threat to democracy,” and “unfit for office.”

You can count the people who worked in his administration who currently endorse Trunp on one hand - Matthew Whitaker, Mark Meadows, Mike Flynn, Russell Vought, and Ric Grenell.

That’s it.  That’s the list.  And three of them were in their jobs for just a couple of months and weren’t even confirmed by the Senate.  Meadows was just indicted in GA alongside Trunp. 

The most prominent one, former VP Mike Pence, is also running against Trunp and said, “…anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be President of the United States.”  

And ironically Pence, while being one of the only Trump Cabinet members left who has any credibility whatsoever, is abjectly hated by the majority of the MAGA base because he did his job per the Constitution on 1/6.

Whom does this leave for a prospective Trump administration?  My Pillow Guy?  Marjorie Taylor-Greene?  Matt Gaetz? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, snafu said:

Did you miss my earlier post where I said that this current case against Trump affords him due process?

It’s up on the prior page.

Yeah that's fair I missed that, as to the "Lock her up thing" along with a bunch of other stupid things he said, I don't think he actually thought he'd win, hell a lot of the things he was saying seemed designed to grift off the calling the whole thing rigged in the first election and just ride the base he'd gotten for more political theater and for whatever reality show nonsense he'd probably have done next.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

Often absent from the current Trump campaign discussions is the fact that most of his former Cabinet and administration don’t even support him.  Pompeo isn’t supporting him.  Bolton isn’t supporting him.   Barr isn’t supporting him.  Haley is running against him.  And the list of former Trunp officials who despise him is now legion.  His second Defense Secretary called him “a threat to national security,” “a threat to democracy,” and “unfit for office.”

You can count the people who worked in his administration who currently endorse Trunp on one hand - Matthew Whitaker, Mark Meadows, Mike Flynn, Russell Vought, and Ric Grenell.

That’s it.  That’s the list.  And three of them were in their jobs for just a couple of months and weren’t even confirmed by the Senate.  Meadows was just indicted in GA alongside Trunp. 

The most prominent one, former VP Mike Pence, is also running against Trunp and said, “…anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be President of the United States.”  

And ironically Pence, while being one of the only Trump Cabinet members left who has any credibility whatsoever, is abjectly hated by the majority of the MAGA base because he did his job per the Constitution on 1/6.

Whom does this leave for a prospective Trump administration?  My Pillow Guy?  Marjorie Taylor-Greene?  Matt Gaetz? 

It honestly doesn’t matter because Trump will never be president again, I’m sure of it

All I’m waiting for, is to see if he faces any justice whatsoever for the crimes that he’s committed these indictments are airtight, but Trump is always found a way to weasel out in the past in the end, I think he employs that I’m too stupid to know the difference defense

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It honestly doesn’t matter because Trump will never be president again, I’m sure of it

All I’m waiting for, is to see if he faces any justice whatsoever for the crimes that he’s committed these indictments are airtight, but Trump is always found a way to weasel out in the past in the end, I think he employs that I’m too stupid to know the difference defense

He won an election because too many believed that in 2016 so shhhhh!

Hopefully justice is served but if not he should be taken seriously. 

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

God I hope you're right

Trump has never even attempted to appeal to Democrats or Independents - that’s his biggest problem.  His campaign strategy has always been to get every single MAGA loyalist to vote and to suppress the inner-city Democrats.  It worked as a new and unknown politician with massive troll farms on social media in 2016,  but failed miserably after a putrid four years in office in 2020.  It will fail again in 2024.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Don’t confuse the result with the effort.  Our collective standards for what passes for acceptable behavior for our leaders had fallen off of a cliff since 2016.  Not my standard, mind you.  Bit apparently yours has so declined. 

Mine have not. I hate it. But I’m not going to go play who started it. It’s been declining before Trump. He accelerated it. 

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

The Corporate donors are very happy with the return on the investment.  

NY is getting a crap load. wasnt aware "red" states were getting more?  any links?  And since most directly goes to companies though direct investment and tax breaks.

Here you go - 123 announced projects are in Republican-majority districts against 77 in Democrat-majority districts. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/13/biden-inflation-reduction-act-climate-states-00110940

2 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

Trump has never even attempted to appeal to Democrats or Independents - that’s his biggest problem.  His campaign strategy has always been to get every single MAGA loyalist to vote and to suppress the inner-city Democrats.  It worked as a new and unknown politician with massive troll farms on social media in 2016,  but failed miserably after a putrid four years in office in 2020.  It will fail again in 2024.  

Trump talked almost exclusively about economic issues. It’s what he’s most interested in. And I believe he assumed those issues crossed party lines. He almost never spoke about cultural issues. So….you may not have been aligned with his priorities but I have no idea which of his actual policies cause you to described it as ‘putrid’. Can you elaborate? 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Trump talked almost exclusively about economic issues. It’s what he’s most interested in. And I believe he assumed those issues crossed party lines. He almost never spoke about cultural issues. So….you may not have been aligned with his priorities but I have no idea which of his actual policies cause you to described it as ‘putrid’. Can you elaborate? 

Build the wall? Lock her up? No, you are wrong 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, that one also ended badly for the Chinese populace....and the only wannabe emperor is trump

The entire cultural revolution ended badly for the Chinese populace and still is.

here many read like the red guard ready for struggle sessions.  

20 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

most don't want the establishment on the right. they know what it is.

Trump can be a stain in the history books. but has nothing to do with the platform he ran on, being supported by tens of millions.  

Or the fact he promoted an economy led by consumer demand vs state spending.  people like to consume.

10 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

To this point, I don't think any POTUS has appealed to the other side recently. Biden certainly hasn't. Obama didn't. I miss that kind of POTUS.

Trump is just void of common decency.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I have to admit this is true. I don't like that it's true, but that doesn't make it false.

Trump doesn't win - or even come close to winning - in 2016 unless a lot of independent/Democratic voters vote for him.

The "drain the swamp" type message resonated with many Independents and even Democrats at the time. That and Hillary was really never popular with Independents. But he didn't do that, I'm not sure why people still believe him 7 years later. I like what Ricky Gervais said about that, something along the lines of "he didn't drain the swamp, he built for it a diving board and a full bar"

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s not really that complicated, Doc.  

People don’t trust government and government officials, generally.  That pre-dates Trump by decades, and is one of the reasons people supported Trump.  

During the Trump years, people who don’t trust government were whupped into a frenzy over claims his election was illegitimate, that he needed to be expelled from office over two silly charges that were false and defamatory.   Those people exhibited the same type of paranoia and were as easily manipulated as any we see today into assuming victim status. 

During the Trump years, Trump supporters correctly realized—-and this is important—-that democrat voters and leaders did not care one iota about the notion of fair outcomes to legitimate elections, and would support anything necessary to remove the legitimately elected President.  

When Biden won the election, and Trump launched his version of stolen elections, suddenly the masses were told that daring to question our elections is unpatriotic, egregious, wrong and cult-like, often by the same people who exhibited unpatriotic, egregious, wrong an cult-like behavior during the 4 years Trump was in office and the year he was running.  

I would think Trump supporters fall into a couple categories, generally.   There are those who believe the election was illegitimate, that voter fraud, and political manipulation lead to an unfair outcome in 2020.  There are those who do not believe they have seen sufficient evidence of fraud and stolen votes, but believe that there are people and organizations that likely have acted inappropriately/illegally and will vote accordingly.   There are those who don’t care, know they can’t trust government generally, know what the Dems did in 2015-2023, and will vote for the agenda they support.  Finally, there are those who want to move on.  

As for the litigation, it will be interesting to see what happens.  When viewed as a collective, we’ve seen a manufactured allegation of Russian conspiracy/impeachment, a manufactured allegation of wrongdoing involving Ukraine/impeachment, allegations that Trump supported bounties in US Troops, allegations of xenophobia as Trump attempted to secure a border that’s an absolute disaster, a novel attempt to reimagine charges in NYC for a previously deceased investigation, a very difficult to comprehend sudden interest in classified documents where Thunderdome management seemed to be the order of the day for the protected class, a DOJ that selectively leaks to damage one guy’s reputation while locked down like Attica for the other, intelligence agents (those one of the highest ranking dem Senators assured the people would find six ways from Sunday to do a person in) interceding to shape an election, and so on. 

The lack of trust in government is well earned, however you view it.  One thing is certain—it’s going to be an interesting next couple years. 

I was more interested in their response but thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Build the wall is an economic issue.

Lock her up was a political slogan aimed at the elite Washington establishment…not at Democrats in general.

Anything else? . 

There are too many to count.  Obviously promising that his SCOTUS appointments would overturn Roe v. Wade was a prominent one.

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Here you go - 123 announced projects are in Republican-majority districts against 77 in Democrat-majority districts. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/13/biden-inflation-reduction-act-climate-states-00110940

Goal post move. If talking stimy, research and see if how much went to blue districts vs states.

anything on your comment on the chips bill?

Just now, 49er Fan said:

There are too many to count.  Obviously promising that his SCOTUS appointments would overturn Roe v. Wade was a prominent one.

RBG openly stated she wouldn't retire cause the law was so weak. 

And it was a DEM funded PAC that took row to the supreme court. 

12 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

The "drain the swamp" type message resonated with many Independents and even Democrats at the time. That and Hillary was really never popular with Independents. But he didn't do that, I'm not sure why people still believe him 7 years later. I like what Ricky Gervais said about that, something along the lines of "he didn't drain the swamp, he built for it a diving board and a full bar"

Enough voters believed you had to be swampy to drain the swamp. That proved to be false, at least with Trump. He made the swamp worse. If there is a blessing from Trump, he certainly raised the game and revealed just how very swampy DC is.

3 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

Nice non-answer. Yes he appointed conservative judges. All Presidents appoint justices that are in line with their leanings…both Left and Right. That doesn’t make them putrid. It makes them normal. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

your saying, without trump, we wouldn't have ever gotten Biden and the corporatist system we have now?  

Edited by Chris farley

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Build the wall? Lock her up? No, you are wrong 

Well, Conald did promise better and cheaper health care but found out it was "too hard."

He also promised an infrastructure bill every two weeks but that never happened.

The only thing he did deliver on was a tax cut for the rich and corporate America... and then found a way to gift them a huge tip via PPP loans.

Trump Org got close to $4M in PPP loans - don't you think politicians should be excluded from the grift?

PS: Also, hilarious that no one knows what happened to $100 BILLION in PPP loans... maybe Gym and Comey can check Trump's bank accounts.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

Well, Conald did promise better and cheaper health care but found out it was "too hard."

He also promised an infrastructure bill every two weeks but that never happened.

The only thing he did deliver on was a tax cut for the rich and corporate America... and then found a way to gift them a huge tip via PPP loans.

Trump Org got close to $4M in PPP loans - don't you think politicians should be excluded from the grift?

PS: Also, hilarious that no one knows what happened to $100 BILLION in PPP loans... maybe Gym and Comey can check Trump's bank accounts.

Nice try. So you would’ve been happy if Trump did MORE of what he ran on? I highly doubt it. And I still have no idea how NOT replacing Obamacare makes him putrid. Or how passing a tax cut on what I have to assume are ‘other people’ has any impact on you. How is that putrid? 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

your saying, without trump, we wouldn't have ever gotten Biden and the corporatist system we have now?  

I'm saying simply that Trump didn't deliver on the biggest thing he ran on in '16. Do you think he did? 

Obviously many will vote for him as the lesser evil...but there is still that cult that buys the same tagline from 7 years ago.