The Walls be Closing

Kemp

20 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  It was a call to jail a political opponent without due process with which the intended beneficiary (Trump) agreed.  

Hoax.  It was a campaign slogan that he did nothing to advance once he got into office.

He had 4 years to follow up. Do you think he was actually going to throw her in jail without due process? Did locking people up without due process happen to anyone during his term?

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

Hoax.  It was a campaign slogan that he did nothing to advance once he got into office.

He had 4 years to follow up. Do you think he was actually going to throw her in jail without due process? Did locking people up without due process happen to anyone during his term?

The orange dude got impeached for asking about what Biden openly did. 

I must have missed where he had Biden spied on or sicked the DOJ on him.  

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, snafu said:

What do you think due process is? because it's currently happening, like this is the process.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, snafu said:

It was one of the first indications of his desire to violate norms.  He couldn’t incarcerate her.  We know that.  But did he?  And would he have tried?  And is his lack of effort indicative of anything other than incompetence? (How are the wall and repeal and replace going?)

His behavior over the next four years suggests that he would have tried to incarcerate her if laziness/opportunity didn’t intervene.  And, word salad/hyperbole isn’t an excuse for what he encouraged.  There’s a big difference between a campaign slogan (for example, change we can believe in, morning in America, or even make America great again) and a repeated call to incarcerate a political opponent.   

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, snafu said:

Hershel Walker logic.

30 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

The one about the Guangxi Massacre in mao's cultural revolution?

yes, that one also ended badly for the Chinese populace....and the only wannabe emperor is trump

Edited by redtail hawk

22 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

The orange dude got impeached for asking about what Biden openly did. 

I must have missed where he had Biden spied on or sicked the DOJ on him.  

As if the DOJ/FBI is going to weaponize in favor of any republican, let alone the orange menace.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What do you think due process is? because it's currently happening, like this is the process.

Did you miss my earlier post where I said that this current case against Trump affords him due process?

It’s up on the prior page.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It was one of the first indications of his desire to violate norms.  He couldn’t incarcerate her.  We know that.  But did he?  And would he have tried?  And is his lack of effort indicative of anything other than incompetence? (How are the wall and repeal and replace going?)

His behavior over the next four years suggests that he would have tried to incarcerate her if laziness/opportunity didn’t intervene.  And, word salad/hyperbole isn’t an excuse for what he encouraged.  There’s a big difference between a campaign slogan (for example, change we can believe in, morning in America, or even make America great again) and a repeated call to incarcerate a political opponent.   

So your answer is no.  He didn’t jail anyone during his four years in office without due process.  

Thanks — and talk about a word salad. Nice post there.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, snafu said:

So your answer is no.  He didn’t jail anyone during his four years in office without due process.  

Thanks — and talk about a word salad. Nice post there.

Don’t confuse the result with the effort.  Our collective standards for what passes for acceptable behavior for our leaders had fallen off of a cliff since 2016.  Not my standard, mind you.  Bit apparently yours has so declined. 

Often absent from the current Trump campaign discussions is the fact that most of his former Cabinet and administration don’t even support him.  Pompeo isn’t supporting him.  Bolton isn’t supporting him.   Barr isn’t supporting him.  Haley is running against him.  And the list of former Trunp officials who despise him is now legion.  His second Defense Secretary called him “a threat to national security,” “a threat to democracy,” and “unfit for office.”

You can count the people who worked in his administration who currently endorse Trunp on one hand - Matthew Whitaker, Mark Meadows, Mike Flynn, Russell Vought, and Ric Grenell.

That’s it.  That’s the list.  And three of them were in their jobs for just a couple of months and weren’t even confirmed by the Senate.  Meadows was just indicted in GA alongside Trunp. 

The most prominent one, former VP Mike Pence, is also running against Trunp and said, “…anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be President of the United States.”  

And ironically Pence, while being one of the only Trump Cabinet members left who has any credibility whatsoever, is abjectly hated by the majority of the MAGA base because he did his job per the Constitution on 1/6.

Whom does this leave for a prospective Trump administration?  My Pillow Guy?  Marjorie Taylor-Greene?  Matt Gaetz? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, snafu said:

Did you miss my earlier post where I said that this current case against Trump affords him due process?

It’s up on the prior page.

Yeah that's fair I missed that, as to the "Lock her up thing" along with a bunch of other stupid things he said, I don't think he actually thought he'd win, hell a lot of the things he was saying seemed designed to grift off the calling the whole thing rigged in the first election and just ride the base he'd gotten for more political theater and for whatever reality show nonsense he'd probably have done next.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

Often absent from the current Trump campaign discussions is the fact that most of his former Cabinet and administration don’t even support him.  Pompeo isn’t supporting him.  Bolton isn’t supporting him.   Barr isn’t supporting him.  Haley is running against him.  And the list of former Trunp officials who despise him is now legion.  His second Defense Secretary called him “a threat to national security,” “a threat to democracy,” and “unfit for office.”

You can count the people who worked in his administration who currently endorse Trunp on one hand - Matthew Whitaker, Mark Meadows, Mike Flynn, Russell Vought, and Ric Grenell.

That’s it.  That’s the list.  And three of them were in their jobs for just a couple of months and weren’t even confirmed by the Senate.  Meadows was just indicted in GA alongside Trunp. 

The most prominent one, former VP Mike Pence, is also running against Trunp and said, “…anyone who puts himself over the Constitution should never be President of the United States.”  

And ironically Pence, while being one of the only Trump Cabinet members left who has any credibility whatsoever, is abjectly hated by the majority of the MAGA base because he did his job per the Constitution on 1/6.

Whom does this leave for a prospective Trump administration?  My Pillow Guy?  Marjorie Taylor-Greene?  Matt Gaetz? 

It honestly doesn’t matter because Trump will never be president again, I’m sure of it

All I’m waiting for, is to see if he faces any justice whatsoever for the crimes that he’s committed these indictments are airtight, but Trump is always found a way to weasel out in the past in the end, I think he employs that I’m too stupid to know the difference defense

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It honestly doesn’t matter because Trump will never be president again, I’m sure of it

All I’m waiting for, is to see if he faces any justice whatsoever for the crimes that he’s committed these indictments are airtight, but Trump is always found a way to weasel out in the past in the end, I think he employs that I’m too stupid to know the difference defense

He won an election because too many believed that in 2016 so shhhhh!

Hopefully justice is served but if not he should be taken seriously. 

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

God I hope you're right

Trump has never even attempted to appeal to Democrats or Independents - that’s his biggest problem.  His campaign strategy has always been to get every single MAGA loyalist to vote and to suppress the inner-city Democrats.  It worked as a new and unknown politician with massive troll farms on social media in 2016,  but failed miserably after a putrid four years in office in 2020.  It will fail again in 2024.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1