The Walls be Closing

Kemp

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

I will not argue for Trump, I just want to point out the flagrant hypocrisy of this post. 

What is hypocritical about pointing out that pulling a solitary line from a conspiracy is a poor reading of the entire picture?

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s not really that complicated, Doc.  

People don’t trust government and government officials, generally.  That pre-dates Trump by decades, and is one of the reasons people supported Trump.  

During the Trump years, people who don’t trust government were whupped into a frenzy over claims his election was illegitimate, that he needed to be expelled from office over two silly charges that were false and defamatory.   Those people exhibited the same type of paranoia and were as easily manipulated as any we see today into assuming victim status. 

During the Trump years, Trump supporters correctly realized—-and this is important—-that democrat voters and leaders did not care one iota about the notion of fair outcomes to legitimate elections, and would support anything necessary to remove the legitimately elected President.  

When Biden won the election, and Trump launched his version of stolen elections, suddenly the masses were told that daring to question our elections is unpatriotic, egregious, wrong and cult-like, often by the same people who exhibited unpatriotic, egregious, wrong an cult-like behavior during the 4 years Trump was in office and the year he was running.  

I would think Trump supporters fall into a couple categories, generally.   There are those who believe the election was illegitimate, that voter fraud, and political manipulation lead to an unfair outcome in 2020.  There are those who do not believe they have seen sufficient evidence of fraud and stolen votes, but believe that there are people and organizations that likely have acted inappropriately/illegally and will vote accordingly.   There are those who don’t care, know they can’t trust government generally, know what the Dems did in 2015-2023, and will vote for the agenda they support.  Finally, there are those who want to move on.  

As for the litigation, it will be interesting to see what happens.  When viewed as a collective, we’ve seen a manufactured allegation of Russian conspiracy/impeachment, a manufactured allegation of wrongdoing involving Ukraine/impeachment, allegations that Trump supported bounties in US Troops, allegations of xenophobia as Trump attempted to secure a border that’s an absolute disaster, a novel attempt to reimagine charges in NYC for a previously deceased investigation, a very difficult to comprehend sudden interest in classified documents where Thunderdome management seemed to be the order of the day for the protected class, a DOJ that selectively leaks to damage one guy’s reputation while locked down like Attica for the other, intelligence agents (those one of the highest ranking dem Senators assured the people would find six ways from Sunday to do a person in) interceding to shape an election, and so on. 

The lack of trust in government is well earned, however you view it.  One thing is certain—it’s going to be an interesting next couple years. 

One truth is there's just no political middle-ground at this point in time. Regardless of how we might all view ourselves individually as "moderates" that might agree on most things.   In the aggregate, the current political and social environment has forced everyone to choose one extreme or the other.  There is no middle.  There is no representation for the middle choice.  Which extreme you gravitate towards depends on how your views align with a couple points below (I've listed 4 but I could probably generate 40):

• You think big government is the answer or you think big government is the problem.   
  • You think the election in 2016 was fraudulent and the 2020 election was clean or you think the 2016 election was clean and the 2020 election was fraudulent.
  • You think the DOJ is enforcing the rule of law or you think the DOJ has become a tool of political oppression which runs a protection racket for the political establishment.
  • You think the government is defending our system of democracy or you think the government is the threat to democracy.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

🎯

No Julie and Karen, this is about EVERY future election we have.

PHKS like Donald Trump CANNOT piss all over our Constitution and get away with it.

I don't care who HE/YOU think he is...

FOH idiots.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

One truth is there's just no political middle-ground at this point in time. Regardless of how we might all view ourselves individually as "moderates" that might agree on most things.   In the aggregate, the current political and social environment has forced everyone to choose one extreme or the other.  There is no middle.  There is no representation for the middle choice.  Which extreme you gravitate towards depends on how your views align with a couple points below (I've listed 4 but I could probably generate 40):

• You think big government is the answer or you think big government is the problem.   
  • You think the election in 2016 was fraudulent and the 2020 election was clean or you think the 2016 election was clean and the 2020 election was fraudulent.
  • You think the DOJ is enforcing the rule of law or you think the DOJ has become a tool of political oppression which runs a protection racket for the political establishment.
  • You think the government is defending our system of democracy or you think the government is the threat to democracy.

are all necessary? again, with the dualism.  Things are gray, not black or white.  false choices...the middle is not lost.  It's hibernating until we rid ourselves of the criminal precipitant of the extremism...

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Donald Trump CANNOT piss all over our Constitution

is it true that he likes to be pi$$ed on?

Edited by redtail hawk

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

What is hypocritical about pointing out that pulling a solitary line from a conspiracy is a poor reading of the entire picture?

Anyone who posts a tweet is guilty of this. You are guilty of this 

12 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Sure, D's do exactly the same things.  That's why trump's justice dept. found almost 100 credible criminal counts against a D ex prez...oh, wait

If you deny it then you're a liar and as well as a hypocrite 

Edited by TSOL
  • Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

are all necessary? again, with the dualism.  Things are gray, not black or white.  false choices...the middle is not lost.  It's hibernating until we rid ourselves of the criminal precipitant of the extremism...

I don't think there's any question our society is polarized.  And in order for the middle to reappear and re-assert control there needs to be acceptance and awareness by that middle that "the criminal precipitant of the extremism" exists at both ends or extremes.  Otherwise its just an act of reinforcing the system of extremes. 

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I don't think there's any question our society is polarized.  And in order for the middle to reappear and re-assert control there needs to be acceptance and awareness by that middle that "the criminal precipitant of the extremism" exists at both ends or extremes.  Otherwise its just an act of reinforcing the system of extremes. 

who is the current criminal ppt of extremism for the D's?

33 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I will not argue for Trump, I just want to point out the flagrant hypocrisy of this post. 

progress.  This is encouraging.

19 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Anyone who posts a tweet is guilty of this. You are guilty of this 

If you deny it then you're a liar and as well as a hypocrite 

If you don’t like it, there are many countries out there that seem to fit your ideology. Iran, for instance. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Did you get electroconvulsive therapy overnight?  Psilocybin or some other hallucinogen to reset your circuits?

Lots of words but solid points conveyed.  Here's the concise version:  MAGA's are stupid and easily manipulated.

No, last night I worked a bit, considered changes to I might want to make to my business, spoke with my youngest son about some real estate investments we’re considering and some that he’s interested in, spent time with my wife and went to bed.

Thank you for sharing your point of view.  I hadn’t seen you over there, trying to get my attention, yelling about how stupid people are.  I appreciate you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Trump should be happy he’s getting the due process owed to him under the Constitution. In many countries, his carcass would be being eaten by a hippo in the desert by now. 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

How are you getting tweets to embed? Since it swapped to X, I can’t get links to show up like this. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Trump should be happy he’s getting the due process owed to him under the Constitution. In many countries, his carcass would be being eaten by a hippo in the desert by now. 

How are you getting tweets to embed? Since it swapped to X, I can’t get links to show up like this. 

I can't seem to do it from my phone anymore. Did this one on the desktop and it worked.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1