The Walls be Closing

Kemp

how does anyone tolerate the stench of this POS?  And who is he going to get to work for him if somehow, he wins?

https://apnews.com/article/trump-retribution-indictment-documents-biden-american-democracy-5a8ec37b359fee85d0f0956139d79f51

“There was an unwritten rule” to not prosecute former presidents and political rivals, Trump told supporters in a speech at his golf club in New Jersey. “I will appoint a real special prosecutor to go after the most corrupt president in the history of America, Joe Biden, and go after the Biden crime family.”  He was counting on this.  Entitlement mindset not working so well these days...

Edited by redtail hawk

These guys all once had the highest security clearances.  trump deemed them worthy of some of the most powerful offices in the land.  At a minimum, he was repeatedly guilty of bad personnel judgement ... but it's far worse than that and you all know it.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4054578-barr-bolton-kelly-line-up-to-condemn-trump/

knives out at Fox

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4057630-brit-hume-trump-defense-of-taking-documents-incoherent/

Hume cast doubt on the idea that Trump’s explanation would hold up in court.

In his first interview since being arraigned last week on federal charges, Trump claimed he had not had time to go through boxes filled with classified documents, while simultaneously suggesting he had declassified any sensitive materials. 

“Why not just hand them over then?” Baier asked.

“Because I had boxes. I want to go through the boxes and get all my personal things out,” Trump responded. “I don’t want to hand that over to [the National Archives] yet. And I was very busy, as you’ve sort of seen.”

Edited by redtail hawk

12 hours ago, BillStime said:

Thanks for sharing. I listened to that audio sound bite. So Trump is demonstrating just how off the rails this government is, and the fact that they were using the veil of ‘classification’ to frame him for opinions he did not hold and actions he did not take. There are no secrets being exposed there that impact today’s strategic issues, other than the corruption that was trying to overthrow a sitting President.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Anything to distract from the self-implosion of the Republican party.

47 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for sharing. I listened to that audio sound bite. So Trump is demonstrating just how off the rails this government is, and the fact that they were using the veil of ‘classification’ to frame him for opinions he did not hold and actions he did not take. There are no secrets being exposed there that impact today’s strategic issues, other than the corruption that was trying to overthrow a sitting President.

SoCal - last week Conald told us he didn't have classified documents - it was just newspapers and personal documents.

Tapes come out this week highlighting the fact that he was lying, and you still find a way to defend the guy.

When is enough, enough?

Makes zero sense.

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

guess they never got the memo. the tape recording was a leak and not even evidence in the case

Oh, it's evidence all right. Even if the particular Iran memo is not charged, Trump's idiotic comments (idiotic in the sense of "only an idiot would say that out loud") are evidence because they refute his prior idiotic comment that as President he could declassify anything simply by thinking about it, or that he had some kind of unwritten standing order declassifying everything he'd had boxed up to be sent out of the White House.

Since this particular Iran document was ostensibly still classified (Trump said so) and was at Bedminster NJ, if it is charged it probably needs to be venued in the District of New Jersey. Hence Trump's latest idiotic comment that this was just him bloviating/blustering and that he had no such document. We will see what the people who were in the room where it happened have a different take.

This is a profoundly stupid man.

EDIT: If Biden did something (actually several somethings) this stupid, everyone would say it's evidence of dementia. Well if the shoe fits ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BillStime said:

Anything to distract from the self-implosion of the Republican party.

SoCal - last week Conald told us he didn't have classified documents - it was just newspapers and personal documents.

Tapes come out this week highlighting the fact that he was lying, and you still find a way to defend the guy.

When is enough, enough?

Makes zero sense.

Where is this document you refer to? The FBI raided his home and confiscated all of the classified documents. Which specific one was he talking about in the audio? Or is it possible…there isn’t one! 

• Like (+1) 1