Anyone just sit back and appreciate it?

Buffalo_Stampede

10 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Only 1 team is happy at end of the year. 1/32= 3.1% chance at superbowl at start of year, not really good odds. That's why I always say embrace the journey not the endzone. 

Then you watch fans of Boston teams and just wonder why that can't happen for Buffalo just once. Between the Pats, Sox, B's, and Celtics they have had it pretty good over the years.

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Lol probably can count the amount of fans posting on this forum who were alive and can remember those championships on one hand

More than a handful of us. First game I remember is the 1964  AFL Championship game against SD. Also the first time I saw a color TV  (what's a black and white TV?) at someones home and not in a store. My uncle who works at Chevy (mucho bucks back then)i nvited us over for the game and to show off their new TV.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm 44 years old later this month.  Grew up watching the 1990s Bills.  Suffered through every moment of the drought.

Hate to say it.  But I'm finding it almost impossible to enjoy watching this team.  It's been that way since the 17 second debacle.

My expectation is Super Bowl.  Period.  Nothing else this team does impresses me in the slightest.

Wins no longer get me excited.  Losses frustrate me beyond all understanding.  

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old fart now.  But I probably enjoyed football more when the Bills were bad.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

If you take "trying to keep a healthy perspective about the team's current success relative to their lack of it in the past two decades", "growing impatience", "a confounding inability to enjoy this as much as I should", "disappointment in continued playoff failures", and "crushing desperation for a championship" and throw them in a blender, the resulting cocktail would pretty much describe my current state.

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Lol probably can count the amount of fans posting on this forum who were alive and can remember those championships on one hand

I am Spartacus!

As to the OP.  I do appreciate all the effort this organization and players bring.

Go Bills!

25 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No they won’t. This is so silly lmao. 

I fully disagree. There are posters on here that are never happy, they enjoy being negative. I’ve been on here long enough to know the same people who were miserable before Mcdermott are still miserable now. They’re in every thread everyday. Winning a ring they’ll all of a sudden support personnel moves or roster building? Yeah right, it’s in their DNA to be negative about every move. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

plenty of it around this joint. 

True. My ignore list is getting bigger, and it certainly makes staying up to date and the camaraderie we all share better. There's no way I'm going to let a negative moron steal my joy. 

12 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I'm 44 years old later this month.  Grew up watching the 1990s Bills.  Suffered through every moment of the drought.

Hate to say it.  But I'm finding it almost impossible to enjoy watching this team.  It's been that way since the 17 second debacle.

My expectation is Super Bowl.  Period.  Nothing else this team does impresses me in the slightest.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old fart now.  But I probably enjoyed football more when the Bills were bad.

Makes me wonder why you would keep doing something if it doesn't make you happy? I used to be grumpier and pissed off about the Bills sometimes, and I made a conscious decision to not let that crap overtake me. Your own happiness is more important than a football team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Those 90s teams and all the winning and success was just a blur for me. I was so focused on the superbowl that I never really absorbed the greatness of those teams.

Halfway through the drought I told myself if the cosmic gods would ever bless us with another HOF level QB I would not solely focus on the end game and I would absolutely enjoy all the wins along the way.

Do I experience hurt upon season ending losses ? Yes, but I don’t let my experience of fandom rest solely upon the final outcome.

This is my approach and I understand it isn’t the right approach for everyone.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I'm 62 and life is too short, especially now to be that miserable and negative about a football team. you make no sense really. I mean if I found something in my life impossible to deal with, I would no longer deal with it. especially if it made me feel and look so miserable about it.

I almost have pity for you, almost.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm 62 and life is too short, especially now to be that miserable and negative about a football team. you make no sense really. I mean if I found something in my life impossible to deal with, I would no longer deal with it. especially if it made me feel and look so miserable about it.

i'm right there with you.  i'm 45 and i'm not bitter about this at all.  it's a ***** game that we have zero control over it.  do i want to see a super bowl win like everyone else?  of course, but i'm certainly not going to come on here every day  for the sake of venting my anger that just boils away at me. if this team bothered me that much, i'd just move on.  it's a game...for fun and entertainment. that's it.

i think some people attach their self worth to their team/fandom.  

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

That's where I am now, in my late 50s. Corny, yeah, but I'll say it: it's the journey, not the destination.

Crazy as it sounds, I enjoyed commiserating with other Bills fans throughout the drought. Being a fan of a perennial loser is kind of ... fun? In a weird way.

Now I'm enjoying being a fan of a team that every football fan cares about and respects. Even if they don't get over that last hump.

Whatever. It's a game. It's a thing we do (following the Bills) because it's a fun diversion from all the problems of our lives or of the world in general.

3 minutes ago, teef said:

i think some people attach their self worth to their team/fandom.

Yeah. Here in Colorado I went to the Broncos 2015 Super Bowl parade. And then the Avs parade last year. You know what? Both were kind of anti-climactic. And hardcore Broncs/Avs fans immediately started the talk about repeating. I felt like everyone needed to take a few months to just chill. It was actually kind of exhausting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I fully disagree. There are posters on here that are never happy, they enjoy being negative. I’ve been on here long enough to know the same people who were miserable before Mcdermott are still miserable now. They’re in every thread everyday. Winning a ring they’ll all of a sudden support personnel moves or roster building? Yeah right, it’s in their DNA to be negative about every move. 

We haven’t won a Super Bowl. There’s a reason to not say “this was perfect.”

If you think that when McD, Beane and Josh Allen win a Superbowl, there will be folks bitching about roster construction and clapping and all the other nonsense, I think you need to reevaluate.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

We haven’t won a Super Bowl. There’s a reason to not say “this was perfect.”

If you think that when McD, Beane and Josh Allen win a Superbowl, there will be folks bitching about roster construction and clapping and all the other nonsense, I think you need to reevaluate.

Maybe you should pay attention to some of the guys on here more then. 
Cause I’d be willing to bet that some of the first comments when off-season begins is 1 is not enough. Mahomes has 2. 
The goal posts will instantly move. If you don’t see some posters love the negativity (much different than being critical, we are all critical) then there’s nothing I can say that’ll change your mind and we’ll just agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Maybe you should pay attention to some of the guys on here more then. 
Cause I’d be willing to bet that some of the first comments when off-season begins is 1 is not enough. Mahomes has 2. 
The goal posts will instantly move. If you don’t see some posters love the negativity (much different than being critical, we are all critical) then there’s nothing I can say that’ll change your mind and we’ll just agree to disagree.

I'd love to win a Superbowl and find out.  Especially because the last thing I would care about is people being negative after a Superbowl win lol.

Don't think 1 is too much to ask for.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.