Anyone just sit back and appreciate it?

Buffalo_Stampede

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’ve won the AFC East 3 years in a row! Not the ultimate goal but it’s a great accomplishment.

Take a minute and appreciate it. 

I think a lot of this depends on where an individual poster is in their life. For me, nothing short of a SB appearance matters. We have not been in a SB in nearly 30 years. There are people performing surgery that have never seen the Bills in a Super Bowl.

Personally, the AFC East titles mean nothing to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

We at least went to 4 straight SB's with Kelly and Josh is far superior to him. It will be a historic tragedy and failure if we can't get to or win at least one.

Kelly had a much better OL than Josh does. No offense to Singletary, Hines but no Bills RB today comes close to #34. Those Bills teams had the ultimate game changer on defense in #78. Bottom line the Super Bowl era teams were constructed better and just better overall than these Bills.

• Agree 3

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’ve won the AFC East 3 years in a row! Not the ultimate goal but it’s a great accomplishment.

I have a hard time understanding those that can't appreciate where the Bills are now to where they were for 17 yrs yet they still complain .

It's finally nice to talk to fans of other teams that say good things about the Bills instead of all the snide remarks about the Bills losing & if you bring up the 13 second game they like us think that was one for the books !

So although as they say you can't make every body happy i will take the team, coach & front office just like it is for years to come as long as the Bills have that chance of being in the championship hunt . McD is in his 7th year of being a HC how long did it take Marv, Reid & others to get there ?

16 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I think the overwhelming consensus on here is it's time to give Josh Allen the support he needs to bring the Lombardi home. 

That's why you see the tension, there's clock ticking as long as that freak of nature is playing at a high level. 

This is a great point. It would be the greatest failure in Bills franchise history if we end up wasting Josh Allen’s career.

Imagine waiting all that time for a franchise QB, only to settle for participation trophies (divisional round games) and then being told to appreciate it.

Nah.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Kelly had a much better OL than Josh does. No offense to Singletary, Hines but no Bills RB today comes close to #34. Those Bills teams had the ultimate game changer on defense in #78. Bottom line the Super Bowl era teams were constructed better and just better overall than these Bills.

Your right. Jim was surrounded with HOFers. Josh's support system after Diggs has been embarrassing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

This is a great point. It would be the greatest failure in Bills franchise history if we end up wasting Josh Allen’s career.

Imagine waiting all that time for a franchise QB, only to settle for participation trophies (divisional round games) and then being told to appreciate it.

Nah.

The greatest failure was not winning one of the 4 Superbowls we were in

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, nucci said:

The greatest failure was not winning one of the 4 Superbowls we were in

The Giants loss was and still is the most painful loss in Bills history. It will remain so until the Bills can finally win it all. The other 3 losses we just got our asses kicked.

• Like (+1) 1

Yes and No I suppose. If you look at it from the perspective of the drought then yea you probably appreciate it more. 

If you look at it from we need to win a Super Bowl then no I don't think you do. Being one of the best 8 teams every year only to lose when it counts is more important to a lot of people. What's the point of going to the dance if your not going to kiss the promo queen at the end of the night. That type of thing. 

Just now, Gregg said:

The Giants loss was and still is the most painful loss in Bills history. It will remain so until the Bills can finally win it all. The other 3 losses we just got our asses kicked.

I disagree about the 4th super bowl. The 4th SB looked like that but we absolutely dominated the Cowboys in the first half. The problem was we were only up 13-6. Then Thomas fumbles and you could hear that air come out of the team. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Kelly had a better OL, a better RB, 2nd WR for sure yet unfair to compare pre salary cap/free agency teams to post salary/free agents as in the old days quality players hardly ever moved. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yes and No I suppose. If you look at it from the perspective of the drought then yea you probably appreciate it more. 

If you look at it from we need to win a Super Bowl then no I don't think you do. Being one of the best 8 teams every year only to lose when it counts is more important to a lot of people. What's the point of going to the dance if your not going to kiss the promo queen at the end of the night. That type of thing. 

I disagree about the 4th super bowl. The 4th SB looked like that but we absolutely dominated the Cowboys in the first half. The problem was we were only up 13-6. Then Thomas fumbles and you could hear that air come out of the team. 

Good point. If I remember correctly didn't Aikman play that game with a concussion. That would not be allowed today of course but back then the term was "he got his bell run". Players would sit out a play or two and then go right back in.

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Good point. If I remember correctly didn't Aikman play that game with a concussion. That would not be allowed today of course but back then the term was "he got his bell run". Players would sit out a play or two and then go right back in.

He did play but Aikman was awful in the last SB against the Bills. The cowboys won the game because they forced, shocker, the Bills to turn he ball over in the 2nd half. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

I feel we lost that 4th Super Bowl when we failed to score a TD just before the half and had to settle for a FG. 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Appreciate it? Sure

Satisified ? Heck no

Annoyed by seeing premium FA go to other teams? Yes

Annoyed by lack of urgency to help O? Yes

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I feel we lost that 4th Super Bowl when we failed to score a TD just before the half and had to settle for a FG. 

17-6 as opposed to 13-6 could have made a difference. Same thing in the 1st Super Bowl. If Hostetler fumbles in the endzone from the Smith sack, then its 17-3 instead of 12-3. That Giants team was not built to come back from large deficits.

Edited by Gregg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.