Anyone just sit back and appreciate it?

Buffalo_Stampede

You can appreciate the success so far, and still not be satisfied until we win it all.  Both things CAN be true.

And I do appreciate us being back on top of the division, and stringing together winning seasons & being relevant again.  I'm not so far removed from the drought that I can't celebrate that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

We're cheering 4th place ribbons now wtf?  You think Bill Belichik gets psyched about division titles?

Superbowl or bust baby!

Hey man, this is  Buffalo!  People drive out to the airport at 2:00am in a snowstorm to welcome the team home from a regular season loss to a non-playoff team in Week 5.

It has always amazed me at how many Bills fans are utterly satisfied with failure, as measured one way or the other.

Are these people the same in their personal lives?  Do they get fired from their job for being a loser, go home, look in the mirror, and say "It wasn't me! It was my mean boss!" or what?

Do they look at the scale showing their bodyweight is 75 pounds over what it should be and say "It's OK, I like the way my clothes fit and besides, I can always lose the weight whenever I want to!  Just not right now!"

🤔

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Don’t look at it like that. Look at it like we can win the Super Bowl any given year.

Thats what a good organization is. 

And by "good organization" you mean an organization that currently has a top 3 QB, league wide, in the prime of his career.

Do you think NE is NOT a good organization? They're probably the best in the league.  They ain't winning any Super Bowls any time soon.

When Josh gets old, watch how fast this thing falls apart.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

And by "good organization" you mean an organization that currently has a top 3 QB, league wide, in the prime of his career.

Do you think NE is NOT a good organization? They're probably the best in the league.  They ain't winning any Super Bowls any time soon.

When Josh gets old, watch how fast this thing falls apart.

I think most Patriots fans believe they’ll be back. Teams don’t typically go through droughts like we did.

For the first few years during the McBeane era that's absolutely how I felt as we were witnessing the Bills finally climbing out of the cellar and on the rise.  I was all on board for a slow rebuild and trusting the process.  I felt like we were playing with house money for the first few years and just being a playoff team was pretty awesome coming off the drought.

I'd say going into this season the real Championship window was supposed to be open and with all of the expectations and now years of Beane and McDermott building their program it definitely felt like the stakes were higher and there was more frustration of falling short of the big goal.  Also feels like we took a step backwards from where we had been in previous years so I can't say at this stage it's a matter of just sitting back and enjoying being a competent team again.  There should be Super Bowl expectations for this group and if they can't right the ship it may be team to move on at some point(definitely not saying it's time yet).  When you get a chess piece like Josh Allen a Championship absolutely has to be the expectation now.  

Yup. 

I used to get pretty wrapped up in all of it. But it was like a switch got flipped at some point and it became, "I'mma just sit back and let these guys do their thing." I don't agree with everything they do. But when they make a decision I don't care for it doesn't prompt me to run to the internet and scream about it. Either it works or it doesn't, right? No use getting bent out of shape. 

And that hasn't taken away any of my excitement or emotions on game days. I still get super hyped up and want them to do well. I get bummed when they lose but I don't allow myself to dwell on it. Maybe stomp around and fire off some fun colorful cuss words and then find something to do to get over it. 

It's been rough on this board since the divisional round loss. That game sucked, for sure. I don't think it warranted a lot of responses from some folks on this forum. IMO, they're human beings who simply ran out of gas after a really grueling season. Is that on them? Is that on the coaches? I don't really care, I don't hold it against them. But some people will spend hours typing up pie charts and graphs and give you a thesis on why #00 is absolute dog poop and why McDermott is a bigger piece of dog poop for clapping too much and Beane is useless and doesn't draft well or sign good players. They've only built a consistent contender after 17 seasons of spinning their tires in the mud. 

It's one of the best eras of Buffalo Bills football in their history and some people truly think they're being cheated because the Bills didn't give them the Super Bowl title they "deserve" because they've been a fan since 1964 and blah blah blah. 

It's just easier to enjoy when you're not so hyped up one way or the other. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

I have a hard time understanding those that can't appreciate where the Bills are now to where they were for 17 yrs yet they still complain .

It's finally nice to talk to fans of other teams that say good things about the Bills instead of all the snide remarks about the Bills losing & if you bring up the 13 second game they like us think that was one for the books !

So although as they say you can't make every body happy i will take the team, coach & front office just like it is for years to come as long as the Bills have that chance of being in the championship hunt . McD is in his 7th year of being a HC how long did it take Marv, Reid & others to get there ?

Its simple in my eyes, the team was a dumpster fire, not worthy of the fan base it had for those 17 years.  Now the team has the one key ingredient to winning and you had better do something with it.   There’s no reason to accept “good” just because you were used to awful.  The piece is in place, go get it done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, todd said:

I enjoy the ride every day! Life is too short and unpredictable to surround yourself with bitching and negativity over a sport. A game.

Forget being surrounded, imagine being the source of that negativity. What a miserable existence that must be. 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Even when/if the Bills win the Super Bowl.. The same dudes are gonna be on here in every thread about they would have won it sooner had Beane and Mcdermott listened to them, or they got lucky, etc etc. They can’t be content with just 1.. 

Some people just love misery and the attention they get. 

No they won’t. This is so silly lmao. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I dont think we're as close as you think we are.   The Bengals manhandled us.  

So? That doesn’t really show anything other than they were better that day. Let’s get back to that same point next year. I’ll sign up right now for that game. It’ll go differently.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We’ve won the AFC East 3 years in a row! Not the ultimate goal but it’s a great accomplishment.

Take a minute and appreciate it. 

Stampede, it’s a good sentiment and I agree, I’ve lived long enough to appreciate we’ve been in the playoffs all but one year with McBeane.

With that said, it’s time to take the next step.  Getting back Poyer outside of the troll comments is a great thing.  We lost Edmunds, but that’s less to replace than Edmunds and Poyer.

we absolutely need though a 2 WR, TE I hope as it’s a deep class, and another G.

we can do it.  Let’s hope Dorsey grows in year 2 and if McD more actively leads the defense, I see as only a positive thing.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.