Robert Woods released

nato7412

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I want young promising wrs on rookie deals. No more re-animating Beas, Smoke or Bob.

The Bills have a somewhat complicated passing system. Alot of route options/decisions to be made based on coverage. It's why they like vet WRs and why I think McKenzie had struggles in an increased role.

That's not to say that we won't have young WRs but the Bills will always have veteran WRs on the roster IMO especially after what happened last year.

3 hours ago, nato7412 said:

Should the bills target Woods if he could be signed for around 6-8 million?

$6-8M? It’s in the ballpark but I feel $6M tops is his market.

Marvin Jones has put up better numbers than Robert Woods over the past 2 seasons. Both 31 years old…. Jones will make $6M next year.

Im gonna say 1 year $4-5M… 2 yr $8M 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Everyone immediately jumps to Beane in these threads, but I have to wonder how much Josh’s opinion is sought out with regards to WRs. Josh isn’t a rookie anymore. Does management ask him what he thinks he needs or who he thinks he can work with? 

You would think after 5 seasons Allen would want to have frank discussions with McDermott and Beane about the types of WRs he likes throwing to and what skill sets are missing in their current group. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve been waiting for this thread. I loved Robert Woods both in college and as a professional. He’s bounced around a lot but has always looked productive to me. 

He’s like Sammy, but in a round world where producing actually matters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He is equivelant to Gabe Davis, in my opinion. Might as well stick with Gabe because he is younger.

But I'd want to see an upgrade at #2 WR.

Oh that's one of the colder attempted slaps on Gabe Davis I've seen.

Robert Woods 2022 was what Cole Beasley 2022 would have been had he actually made a roster.........a clear step back from the 2021 Beasley that wasn't good enough.

Maybe Woods had injuries that he can bounce back from but 9.9 yards per reception?   58% targets caught for a short/intermediate receiver?   Passer rating in the 60's when thrown too?  

Woods was BAD last year.     

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

$6-8M? It’s in the ballpark but I feel $6M tops is his market.

Marvin Jones has put up better numbers than Robert Woods over the past 2 seasons. Both 31 years old…. Jones will make $6M next year.

Im gonna say 1 year $4-5M… 2 yr $8M 

To be fair Woods missed time in 2021 with an injury and last year had arguably the worst QB throwing to him in Malik Willis. That said at best he's a middle tier #2 but more bottom tier if ask me. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh that's one of the colder attempted slaps on Gabe Davis I've seen.

Robert Woods 2022 was what Cole Beasley 2022 would have been had he actually made a roster.........a clear step back from the 2021 Beasley that wasn't good enough.

Maybe Woods had injuries that he can bounce back from but 9.9 yards per reception?   58% targets caught for a short/intermediate receiver?   Passer rating in the 60's when thrown too?  

Woods was BAD last year.     

He had crap QB's throwing to him too.

3 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You would think after 5 seasons Allen would want to have frank discussions with McDermott and Beane about the types of WRs he likes throwing to and what skill sets are missing in their current group. 

I think that’s why you saw smoke and beaz come back…

5 hours ago, MJS said:

He is equivelant to Gabe Davis, in my opinion. Might as well stick with Gabe because he is younger.

But I'd want to see an upgrade at #2 WR.

Aside from the fact they do absolutely nothing in a similar fashion, you are spot on. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.