Bills sign S Zayne Anderson to a 2 year deal

Big Turk

5 hours ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

How exciting!  NOT!

I distinctly remember him as the guy chasing our receivers into the end zone in the last few games against the Chiefs.  Josh burned him several ties.

Though it looks like he's an add with special teams in mind.

I'm a little sarcastic with my comments because he is no upgrade over our starters; but who knows how Beane's roster will shake out . . . and so the process begins . . .

You're thinking of Sorensen.  He was jettisoned from the Chiefs a couple of years ago.

5 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

Dipping into the chiefs cast offs! Here we come!
_____
So that's why we signed him? Because he played for a specific team once upon a time? Why would that be a criteria for ever signing anyone? I can see a coach bringing in players he's familiar with like bringing in players from a coach's former team, but beyond that I see no advantage. You don't really think Beane and McDermott are dumb enough to fall into that mindset, do you?

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

My guess - our more expensive “special teams aces” are going to be not brought back so we’re finding cheaper replacements to save some cap $$$. The difference might pay for 1/4 of one competent starting guard!

Gonna mean no more highly paid strong side LBs, core ST'ers (Matakevich), or 2-3 UFA DLinemen every year.  In the Edmunds thread I saw someone say this is evidence McD is changing for the better.  Nah, this is the HC finally up against a cap that they weren't facing pre-Josh's contract kicking in.  

This is when the personnel group lives up to their reputation or shows they were all hype.  They have to get value out of the depth signings more than they've ever needed to since McBeane came in 6 years ago.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

My guess - our more expensive “special teams aces” are going to be not brought back so we’re finding cheaper replacements to save some cap $$$. The difference might pay for 1/4 of one competent starting guard!

Agree. Special teams are very important, but I think Matakevich is a luxury we can't afford when the o- line is badly in need of an upgrade. Paying 4 million to your 5th linebacker isn't good budgeting when you're 20 mil over the cap. 

13 hours ago, Success said:

It's consistently like that, for years now.  It seems like a parody or something.

It's probably not correct to judge the fanbase by that board - but it doesn't reflect well on KC at all.

Yeah, I have heard Bills fans are, for the most part, treated well when we play at KC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.