Bills sign S Zayne Anderson to a 2 year deal

Big Turk

9 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

How exciting!  NOT!

I distinctly remember him as the guy chasing our receivers into the end zone in the last few games against the Chiefs.  Josh burned him several ties.

Though it looks like he's an add with special teams in mind.

I'm a little sarcastic with my comments because he is no upgrade over our starters; but who knows how Bean's roster will shake out . . . and so the process begins . . .

This Zayne guy is strictly ST.  He has never taken a snap on D for the Chiefs.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There’s an out this offseason. I can’t see them keeping him around.

Neal is the perfect guy to cut after camp if a player like Zayne can take his place.

52 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zayne_Anderson

Mostly practice squad guy for the Chiefs last 2 seasons

4 games in 2021 with 0 defensive and significant (60%)  ST snaps, played in playoffs

3 games in 2022 with 0 defensive and significant (69%) ST snaps, did not play in playoffs

Decent athleticism - 4.44s 40 yd dash, 34" vertical, 10 ft broad jump.  HS All-state as a sprinter (Utah)

Nothing about being a baseball player, McDermott values baseball outfielders at Safety because of their ability to track the ball.

STer or depth guy would be my guess.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

How exciting!  NOT!

I distinctly remember him as the guy chasing our receivers into the end zone in the last few games against the Chiefs.  Josh burned him several ties.

Though it looks like he's an add with special teams in mind.

I'm a little sarcastic with my comments because he is no upgrade over our starters; but who knows how Beane's roster will shake out . . . and so the process begins . . .

You might want to distinctly revamp and revise your distinct remembrances because this guy has played zero, no, nada, 0, snaps on defense for the Chiefs in the last two seasons. Therefore, he can not have been burnt by Josh nor chased our receivers into the end zone.  Therefore your memories are...mistaken

Yes, he's an add with special teams in mind, and possibly also for some brain-picking about how the Chiefs prepare and pre-game for playoffs.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Probably Jaquan Johnson's replacement.

Now that's a possibility.  He's bigger (6'2", 206) than Jaquan (5'10", 191) and in fact was a "tweener" who played both LB and safety in college.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Probably Jaquan Johnson's replacement.

Good idea IMO.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

*Scene cuts to post-apocalyptic hellscape*

*Zoom in to Taiwan Jones standing alone in a Bills uniform and helmet amidst burning heaps of rubble*

This works for me also.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.