Tremaine Edmunds will test free agency

HappyDays

41 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I feel like I heard this a lot about Milano in the early part of the 2021 offseason as well, and then he signed with the Bills. I dont think Edmunds is gone yet.

Milano is and was always the better player at his position. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Rewatch the Vikings game and see how different our Defense looked in the 1st half vs after he went out in the 2nd half for a good example of how integral he is.

Bills go into next year with the following players on Defense:

Von Miller

Daquan Jones

Greg Rousseau

Matt Milano

Taron Johnson

Tre’Davious White

Kaiir Elam

Micah Hyde 

Figure it out. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, UConn James said:

When Edmunds does blitz, he runs toward & right into a blocker. Anybody ever tell him that’s not how you blitz?

Knowing this coaching staff probably not. It's sad seeing Maine leave but I get it and I’m sure just as many players question the coaching staff & FO just as much as posters, they just can't make it publically known. The players have the option of going to another team, the fans don’t

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Bills go into next year with the following players on Defense:

Von Miller

Daquan Jones

Greg Rousseau

Matt Milano

Taron Johnson

Tre’Davious White

Kaiir Elam

Micah Hyde 

Figure it out. 

Yup. That's a lot of good players. Enough for a solid D. Fill in the gaps with the cheapest players possible.

I have zero interest in having an "elite" defense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Another thing this report tells me, is that the Bills may actually do some unexpected stuff this off-season. 

I would NEVER have thought I’d see that tweet referenced by the OP, re: Tremaine.  Gives some hope for those of us also begging them to trade Oliver and really transform the Offense. 

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’s likely gone then. I know Milano did the same and signed back but Edmunds is going to get $20 million per year.

Calling it now, he’s going to get less than 20. Spotrac’s contract estimate wasn’t some gross electronic error. Edmunds is a specialized player that hasn’t been asked to be a traditional LB since Frazier became DC. Teams can hope he’ll become one but they’re not going to pay for hopes in advance. They’re going to merely outbid the highest bidder if they’re sold on him. With our luck, watch him sign for something just out of our reach like 16. 

He’s not as good as his supporters think.  And he’s not as bad as his detractors think.  We’ll miss him.  But he’s not worth a cap hit greater than Milano’s charge.  And, even if we had him at that number, he’s probably not worth keeping around with Milano and investing $20m in off-ball linebackers.  I’d rather hire cost-effective replacement labor and sink the savings into the offensive side of the ball. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Calling it now, he’s going to get less than 20. Spotrac’s contract estimate wasn’t some gross electronic error. Edmunds is a specialized player that hasn’t been asked to be a traditional LB since Frazier became DC. Teams can hope he’ll become one but they’re not going to pay for hopes in advance. They’re going to merely outbid the highest bidder if they’re sold on him. With our luck, watch him sign for something just out of our reach like 16. 

What he does is what every defense is looking for. He’s a huge athletic MLB that plays every single snap on a top defense and still is considered to have upside. He’s going to get #1 LB money on the open market.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.