SB LVll Game Thread: Eagles VS Chiefs

T&C

4 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I disagree, I think any time you give a team an advantage it’s wrong, whether you ignore a blatant call or make a weak or non existent one they both affect the outcome. I wanted the chiefs except I wanted Kelce to get his face stomped. But I felt dirty after that, and we all got cheated out of a possible great finish or overtime game.

The difference here is they hadn't called offensive or defensive holding all night long if memory serves, and now you're going to call it with a minute left in the game in one of the weakest cases of holding I've seen in awhile?

Nah.  Referees literally determined the outcome of this Super Bowl.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 2

I feel like the flag didn't come out until the ref saw how overthrown the pass was - and thought well he must have really been held up for it to be so far off.  But in reality the route really wasn't affected and it was just an overthrown ball.

Regardless of wanting friggin KC to lose- fans were robbed of what would have likely have been an epic ending to what was up til then an epic SB game - and possibly even OT.   Such a bummer

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

this one gets a big ** from me.  Hurts gifting KC a TD, Refs gifting KC inability to come back.  Really coaching didn't stand out today.  

There are no asterisks.

KC scored on every possession of the second half against a powerful defense. Eagles got zero sacks. 

Coaching was phenomenal. 

1 minute ago, CapeBreton said:

That holding call is going to cause me to lose interest in the NFL. How do they just let them play all game and then literally end the game because of a penalty? Unbelievable call, I feel bad for Eagles fans.

Yep. I don’t think the NfL is rigged, but no one can convince me that it isn’t “favoured” for certain teams/players.

They are doing everything possible to make Mahomes the next tom Brady 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

He is, but let’s not act like he was his superhuman self tonight.

Reid calls some spectacular motions in the short game and gave Mahomes wide open options at the goal line.

Bolton deserved the MVP over Mahomes imo

We could’ve drafted Bolton. We already knew Edmunds stunk and we hadn’t paid Milano yet. We screwed up. He was all over the field.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

That holding call is going to cause me to lose interest in the NFL. How do they just let them play all game and then literally end the game because of a penalty? Unbelievable call, I feel bad for Eagles fans.

The game was over regardless. Didn’t matter much. They were in close FG range.

Edited by Governor

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

There are no asterisks.

KC scored on every possession of the second half against a powerful defense. Eagles got zero sacks. 

Coaching was phenomenal. 

Good points, but Eagles D went soft, playing off, although KC took full advantage as you noted.  And the KC O-line is really good.  

But that call at the end and that Hurts gift were the game, IMO.  

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

It was a hold. 

If the refs let it go then they are affecting the game.

If the call it then the players decided the game. 

They didn't call it all night.  I've seen much worse not called.  

That call decided the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

It was a hold. 

If the refs let it go then they are affecting the game.

If the call it then the players decided the game. 

you have to call consistently.  There are holds on tons of plays.  None were called until that point.  

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Eagles are stacked.  They may only get better.  They will certainly be back.

Dan Marino thought that too...

Nobody knows what the future holds. You need to take advantage of the opportunities you get.

They may not get back for another decade.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Billz4ever said:

They didn't call it all night.  I've seen much worse not called.  

That call decided the game.

I get that they weren't calling it and I didn't love the call or the timing of it. 

But if you don't call it then you let the defense cheat basically. 

Tough spot. Glad it wasn't against us. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

I'm already there. It's become next to impossible for me to tune into an NFL game and expect to see a fairly officiated contest. Look at the Bills/Dolphins game in Miami. Josh Allen had 63 pass attempts, and there wasn't a single pass interference or defensive holding call on Miami.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, PastaJoe said:

Try to be objective. It’s based on the current talent, and projected QB moves. Jets will get a veteran QB, Jax is improving, Chargers would have been much better if not for injuries. KC and Cincy will still be very good. 

Bills have some tough decisions to get under the cap. And based on recent roster moves I don’t have confidence that Beane will make the necessary player and coaching moves.

Be objective on what? Made up moves that haven't happened in your own mind? What's the point? At least 50% of what you think is going to happen will be wrong 

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

So much for the Eagles 70 sack pass rush.

Zero sacks on a high-ankle-sprained Mahomes. 😆

You beat the Chiefs.......or the Bengals or Eagles etc.. by outscoring them.

Please inform McD.  I'm looking forward to the draft and dreading it at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I get that they weren't calling it and I didn't love the call or the timing of it. 

But if you don't call it then you let the defense cheat basically. 

Tough spot. Glad it wasn't against us. 

So is it cheating the other times in the game they don't call it?  

If a referee is nothing else, the one thing they have to be is consistent.  If they aren't, it destroys people's belief in their impartiality.

If you don't call it all night, there's no way you call that one as weak as it was, on a 3rd down,which literally ended the game.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Dan Marino thought that too...

Nobody knows what the future holds. You need to take advantage of the opportunities you get.

They may not get back for another decade.

I agree you have to capitalize on your opportunities & they blew this one. But Eagles have #10 pick & #31 pick in the draft, with a good core in place, I like their chances.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.