Jessie Pegula reveals more about Kim

extrahammer

1 minute ago, Guffalo said:

Terry's pain is felt as well, He seems like anyone's Dad, "I'll just sit in the car and wait", "I'm not going home without her". A devoted husband, maybe stubborn, but old school devotion.

Terry is quirky but seems like a decent dude and like you ^ as dad/husband

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Hopefully the guy on this board that keeps complaining about "Not wanting to hear how the Bills had to overcome adversity" reads this article. 

This honestly has nothing to do with the Bills play on the field and correlating it is kind-of gross. Yes, Kim was loved. But players often have their best games and seasons after their parent has died. Or grandmother. Or owner (in the case of Myra Kraft). 

• Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As a Bills fan who wondered what was going on, reading this was tough. I lost my mom in October after she had two heart attacks. Its a hard read man. Add this to just one more thing the Bills as a team and organization had to deal with. The Pegulas are having to work so hard behind the scenes to help Kim recover, while we the fans take shots at our team because its didnt meet its goal, our goal. We feel cheated. *****, the Pegulas are grateful to have Kim alive, and recovering. Maybe its time we realize we too should be grateful that this team was able to get where it got it, overcoming dealing with a mass shooting, a team mates little brother dying, a massive snow storm moving a game, two games in a week, a teammate dying on the field and being brought back with the game cancelled. All of that adds up, it takes a toll, mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually. I am grateful to Jess for sharing her family's story. I hope and pray for Kims continued recovery. 

• Like (+1) 14
  • Sad 2

This confirms a lot of our fears. I am so sorry the Pegula family has to go through something like this. I can say from first hand experience that something like this is traumatizing for both the patient and the supporting family members. However, I can also say from first hand experience that there is a lot of hope - still. Recovery is slow but the brain is an amazingly elastic thing that can adapt and relearn, continuing to improve even years after the original injury. I am amazed at the success Jessica Pegula was able to achieve in her tennis career while going through a year like this.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Terry is quirky but seems like a decent dude and like you ^ as dad/husband

My wife went through a cardiac episode a year ago. She was blessed that we got her treatment immediately and it was caused by a freak thing and no heart disease and she is perfectly healthy since.

Gentlemen, you have no idea how you will react until you are in those shoes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Aphasia is, more than anything, cruel. Bruce Willis retired due to it. To be able to mostly understand and WANT to communicate but not be able to physically is so heartbreaking.

Add this to the laundry list of tribulations the team endured… of course I’m disappointed we aren’t playing this weekend, but at some point enough is enough. More than anything I hope the city/team/players get to next year with some time to put all the craziness of 2022 behind them.

Kim, I wish you the best and hope you continue to recover. Thank you for all you’ve done and continue to do for this team.

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, KingBoots8 said:

Aphasia is, more than anything, cruel. Bruce Willis retired due to it. To be able to mostly understand and WANT to communicate but not be able to physically is so heartbreaking.

Add this to the laundry list of tribulations the team endured… of course I’m disappointed we aren’t playing this weekend, but at some point enough is enough. More than anything I hope the city/team/players get to next year with some time to put all the craziness of 2022 behind them.

Kim, I wish you the best and hope you continue to recover. Thank you for all you’ve done and continue to do for this team.

My folks have a neighbor with aphasia ... it is TERRIBLE

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I had no idea.  That's just terrible.  I can't imagine.

On a side note, I'm honestly impressed that none of this leaked and their privacy was respected.

for sure.

I saw at least a couple people say (with seeming certainty) thay it was a stroke - or even multiple strokes.  Which, reading this, was not the case.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.