Jessie Pegula reveals more about Kim

extrahammer

27 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Hopefully the guy on this board that keeps complaining about "Not wanting to hear how the Bills had to overcome adversity" reads this article.  This goes beyond football, but Kim was a huge part of the organization, even going as far to make the players cookies.  You think that didnt weigh on them?

Keep going Kim.   You have an entire city behind you.  

This post insinuates that the players knew about her exact condition....I highly doubt it.

Hope that she can fully recover some day. So sad, and at the same time, perplexing, to see this happen to a relatively young, vibrant, & healthy woman.

9 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

for sure.

I saw at least a couple people say (with seeming certainty) thay it was a stroke - or even multiple strokes.  Which, reading this, was not the case.

Brain damage from cardiac arrest, is pretty much the same thing as a stroke.  In both situations, the brain isn't getting the necessary blood supply.  Lots of times heart problems will lead to a stroke.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, damj said:

My wife went through a cardiac episode a year ago. She was blessed that we got her treatment immediately and it was caused by a freak thing and no heart disease and she is perfectly healthy since.

Gentlemen, you have no idea how you will react until you are in those shoes.

I can't even imagine. In April 21 my wife ended up getting COVID in what was what seemed like the harshest strand and it hit her pretty hard where she went to the hospital. having her go and your not allowed in and don't hear for a bit was gutting. Thankfully it worked out ok after a few days and she home fine, so I can understand a little.

Happy your wife is healthy and doing fine. Things get incredibly real and so much don't matter when drastic unexpected events happen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Aphasia is, more than anything, cruel. Bruce Willis retired due to it. To be able to mostly understand and WANT to communicate but not be able to physically is so heartbreaking.

'Bride the First' (as I refer to her here) was her high school valedictorian, and sixth months later suffered traumatic brain injury that left her with impairments the rest of her life.  Aphasia was one of those effects of the injury; a speech pathologist maintained that English then became a foreign language for many with strokes and TBI.  Years later, she endured 15 years dealing with breast / bone / brain cancer before her passing, and many doctors and support staff marvelled at her strength and determination.  "Cancer is an inconvenience, compared to TBI" she always maintained.  Sincere best hopes for anyone afflicted by the effects of stroke or brain injury.

• Sad 3

22 minutes ago, damj said:

My wife went through a cardiac episode a year ago. She was blessed that we got her treatment immediately and it was caused by a freak thing and no heart disease and she is perfectly healthy since.

Gentlemen, you have no idea how you will react until you are in those shoes.

Thank you for the gentle reminder. 

I will say a prayer for your wife right now.

• Like (+1) 1

God that was heartbreaking to read. All love to the Pegulas. They are such great people, and I am so thankful for all they've done for organization, community, and fanbase. I hope Kim can recover further. There was so much love in here. This was the worst part to read:

"My mom is the president and owner of both the Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bills. She loved to work. She did everything and our family constantly told her how she needs to slow down and take time for herself. She was the woman behind my dad’s success and my dad would happily admit that. She jumped into this journey with him and learned many lessons along the way, breaking a lot of barriers. She was the shift in culture, positivity, and the heartbeat of many of the employees. She gave everyone so much of her time and effort. She lived it and loved it, and it was felt by everyone she met. Now we come to the realization that all of that is most likely gone. That she won’t be able to be that person anymore."

Edited by DC Greg
  • Sad 7

6 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

God that was heartbreaking to read. All love to the Pegulas. They are such great people, and I am so thankful for all they've done for organization, community, and fanbase. I hope Kim can recover further. There was so much love in here. This was the worst part to read:

"My mom is the president and owner of both the Buffalo Sabres and Buffalo Bills. She loved to work. She did everything and our family constantly told her how she needs to slow down and take time for herself. She was the woman behind my dad’s success and my dad would happily admit that. She jumped into this journey with him and learned many lessons along the way, breaking a lot of barriers. She was the shift in culture, positivity, and the heartbeat of many of the employees. She gave everyone so much of her time and effort. She lived it and loved it, and it was felt by everyone she met. Now we come to the realization that all of that is most likely gone. That she won’t be able to be that person anymore."

Jesus, that's awful to read. What a year for the organization. So much trauma to deal with. 

This just sucks. 

I can't imagine what the family went thru after seeing Hamlins issue.

Trying to keep that inhouse all this time had to been incredibility taxing on them.

Hopefully opening up will take that weight off their shoulders and allow us to pray with and for their family. 

Let us cry with you.  I hope they can feel the love.

Hug your kids and tell people you love them. 

• Like (+1) 3

I have a feeling that this reveals a lot about what happened with those final weeks of the season. To have the owner who likely has the more personal connection to the players have this happen...and then to see a teammate appear to have the same thing happen before their eyes?

Prayers for Kim, her family, and the team. They've gone through so much.

Edited by pocoboy
  • Like (+1) 4

A fine group of people the Pegulas are, it’s such a hard thing to go through, my family just went through my fathers passing, it is difficult when a person who has been a constant source of stability and love departs your life, still not used to not being able to tell dad about my sailing adventures…, 

Go Bills!!!

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Wow.  That young woman is a bad-ass.  Franchise is in good hands after she’s done with her tennis career.  

I agree. That was a reaction I had to the article. It appears to me that Jessica is the future for the Bills and Sabres.

Really makes you step back and realize all that Terry has had to go through with his wife's initial emergency situation then the constant ongong recovery - to go along with repsonsibilities with his business and sports teams and all the other events that surrounded the Bills this season.  Kudos should also be given to Beane and his staff - no doubt they did some heavy lifting to take on some of Terry's responsibilities with the club.    

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.