Bills Fire Safeties Coach Jim Salgado

jethro_tull

58 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Does not satisfy the blood, honestly it’s a bull#### fire. You fire the one coach who’s been at a disadvantage all season. Beane gotta go to if he’s to close to McDermott and company 

He doesn't care if it satisfied the blood. Whatever that means. Nor should he. 

1 hour ago, Rebel101 said:

Does not satisfy the blood, honestly it’s a bull#### fire. You fire the one coach who’s been at a disadvantage all season. Beane gotta go to if he’s to close to McDermott and company 

I appreciate he was asked to make chicken salad with subpar ingredients, but aide from Poyer the safeties were not good this year.  We lost the 1 seed because of Cam Lewis’s brain cramp.  Then went through Johnson and Marlowe and Lewis and couldn’t find anyone who could cut it when Poyer was out.  This was an easy one for me.  

The more interesting question that’s coming is whether they blame Chad Hall for the mess at receiver, or whether the receiver room is adjusted this offseason.  (Or both, I suppose.) 

14 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

How so? Cuz I didn't spend all day here.

For the record, I punched in Salgado in the search box after seeing your response and this thread was the sole result.

You have to be sure you're searching "this board" and not "this thread".  If you're viewing a thread when you search, the default is to search the thread you're viewing.

10 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Yeah, just like Beane said anyday now Gabe is going to turn into this great WR2 he was supposed to be this season.

I've defended Beane, but more and more lately it seems like he just another one of those guys talks a good game, but really has no clue what he's talking about.

He also let Wyatt Teller and Isaiah Hodgins go…? Which I thought both draft picks showed they could stay and even earn a roster spot over overpaid veterans. Coordinators at the minimum must go. And McDermott should be kept on as an assistant GM. 

55 minutes ago, Dopey said:

He doesn't care if it satisfied the blood. Whatever that means. Nor should he. 

He should care about winning. And this coaching staff ain’t it. 

16 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I appreciate he was asked to make chicken salad with subpar ingredients, but aide from Poyer the safeties were not good this year.  We lost the 1 seed because of Cam Lewis’s brain cramp.  Then went through Johnson and Marlowe and Lewis and couldn’t find anyone who could cut it when Poyer was out.  This was an easy one for me.  

The more interesting question that’s coming is whether they blame Chad Hall for the mess at receiver, or whether the receiver room is adjusted this offseason.  (Or both, I suppose.) 

I agree and Poyer towards the end was off. But I don’t believe you blame the coach for staffing issues. It’s not his fault he only had Cam Lewis or Siran Neal to choose from 

45 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

He also let Wyatt Teller and Isaiah Hodgins go…? Which I thought both draft picks showed they could stay and even earn a roster spot over overpaid veterans. Coordinators at the minimum must go. And McDermott should be kept on as an assistant GM. 

He should care about winning. And this coaching staff ain’t it. 

I agree and Poyer towards the end was off. But I don’t believe you blame the coach for staffing issues. It’s not his fault he only had Cam Lewis or Siran Neal to choose from 

This isn’t going to go over well but, aside from Poyer, they all sucked.  Hamlin included.  No matter who they put in there it couldn’t be figured out.  Bad angles, sloppy tackling, brain cramps.  It was one thing after another.  Say what one will about McD, he turned this team around and he obviously knows what he’s doing.  If he saw this guy all year and thought he had to go, then I’m all for it.  It’s not to say that we don’t need to change the depth there—maybe we do.  But I trust McD’s judgment that coaching in that position group was part of the problem. 

Edited by SectionC3

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

WR ended up a lot different than it started too -  Crowder missed most of the year.  Kumerow missed the year basically with numerous injuries too.  I know people think he sucks and only plays special teams, not to mention hodgins doing things, but hes a big dude whos fast and can block.  He's never played much on offense, but i think they were planning to use him a little bit this year.

Mckenzie and Allen just never clicked this year for whatever reason.  Davis runs a fairly limited route tree which teams picked up on as the year went on, not to mention his drop issues.  Shakir didn't get first team reps until crowder went down, and then took a while to get a role.  Diggs was still Diggs. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/27/2023 at 6:58 AM, Whkfc said:

Epenesa has been a joke. Oliver while ok is not even close to performing like a top 10 pick. Greg R. completely disappeared once Miller got hurt. And Basham he's barely hanging on to the roster. But yeah the dline coach is doing a bang up job.

Settle got hurt, Philips got hurt, Jones got hurt, when they weren't hurt the Dline was great but went south after that. Oliver and Epenesa aren't great Basham is ok. Beane has drafted well on both lines but has been solid with free agents.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.