Which one was worse ? 13 seconds or Cinci fail ?

Repulsif

which one was worse ?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. which one was worse ?

3 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Both were bad but I feel like last year we were 100% going to win a Super Bowl if we win that game because Josh was all worldly and our team was pretty healthy… this year, I feel like we may have won the Super Bowl if we got past Cincinnati, but our team was pretty emotionally drained from everything that happened and pretty dinged up. So all in all last year was worse because we should’ve been hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

Even if they had beat the Bengals and somehow managed to get past KC, I think they would have lost to the 49ers/Eagles. Both of those teams would have physically dominated the Bills especially SF.

My vote is for the wrong leg amputation!

I am in the minority, the Bengals loss was worse to me.

We sucked for 60 minutes on Sunday.

The only players that caught my eye in a positive way were Shakir, Beasley and Milano.

At home, in Buffalo weather, there was nothing but excuses and a damp squib.

At least in Houston and at KC we were in the game and had chances.

Last week we couldn't even decide that attempting the FG in the 4th quarter was the sensible thing to do being down 3 scores?

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Let's keep the masochism going!

Which was worse?

When your surgeon amputated the wrong leg?

OR

When you caught your wife sleeping with your best friend?

That's easy dude.  No one wants to be a double amputee.  There's women everywhere and go get a dog for your best friend.  Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

13 seconds by a light year. I still believe, and always will believe, had we beat kc last year, we would've won the superbowl. The bills had some fugly games last year, but they found their MOJO late last season. We were better than Cincinnati last year and believe we would've beaten them at home 

• Agree 2

13 seconds and it's not even close. Gave up a lead in 13 seconds, but they also gave up 552 yards and 42 points.

The Cincy game they were either without or had players playing that were no where near 100% physically. The 4 big ones(Hyde, Miller, Poyer & White) have 12 All-Pro selections between them, 4 out of our top 5 guys on defense(Milano being the 5th) are were in that group.

So they were without their best pass rusher, their Free Safety, Hamlin the #2 Free Safety, Marlowe their #3 started the game, but got hurt, so onto the #4 guy. Our best CB & our Strong Safety were playing on 1 leg, and Poyer was already playing with 1 arm as well. Poyer gets hurt and we're onto Johnson our #2 SS. Jones our best big man in the middle was out and Phillips was playing with 1 arm. Last year we were only down Tre. This year is far more understandable why we lost and lost big. 

If any defense we faced was down that many players on 1 side of the ball and especially the quality of the player and the positions they play, we would expect to crush that defense. No matter how good their defense was before the injuries came. That's what Cincy did.

• Agree 1

Cinci was much worse imo.

In the 13 second debacle, I knew damn well that the Bills were the Bills and could blow the game. I never felt safe, and I know that I was not alone in feeling this way.. Then of course we went down but we appeared to have a rosy future. Of course, McClappy screwed it up with the draft. 

In this game we were not only slaughtered, we had to watch our superstar QB get deemed all but worthless due to having no protection and not enough weapons. It was, and still is sickening.

They will not fire McDermott. I wish they would but it isn't possible imo. I truly believe that he will draft a first round safety, and possibly trade up to get one.

It is a sad situation indeed.

• Disagree 1

Because we got our asses handed to us it was much easier for me to accept and much easier to flush out of the system. It wasn’t our day, we were never in contention, so tip of the hat to a better team. We had KC beat and gave it away. Gave. It. Away. That’s just so much harder to accept.

I'm going to go w/ "2 kinds of badness."

13 seconds was the ultimate gut-punch.  I can't think of too many big games in any sport that turned like that, that quickly.  That was sheer IMMEDIATE pain, and took me longer to get over.  Weeks.

I already feel the pain of the Cincy loss - which wasn't nearly as bad when it happened - dissipating. But it's a more disturbing loss.  As the OP and others have stated, it just kind of showed some flaws that might be hard to overcome.

I'm actually less optimistic than I was after 13 seconds.  So, that in a way is worse.

Cinci - We win the toss, defer, they go 75 yards in 6 plays like a hot knife through butter, against our defense, playing at home with the crowd amped up. We go three and out on the ensuing series, Cinci goes 10 plays 72 yards.  0-14 at home in the playoffs.  Bills should have come out on fire to open the game, and just didn't get er done.  McD is supposedly a defensive guru and we have spent a ton on our defensive front seven in terms of draft capital and actual $, and then we don't show up in the most meaningful game of the year. Cinci line had three backups and a mediocre second year player, and we got no pressure on Burrow.

• Like (+1) 1

Cincy worse in my book.   Game was brutal to watch for one, unlike the KC game.  

Secondly, I still had high hopes for this season after the Chiefs won last years game.   This year's exit exposed a LOT of holes and I have all but zero hopes or expectations for a deep playoff run next season.   

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Cinci was much worse imo.

In the 13 second debacle, I knew damn well that the Bills were the Bills and could blow the game. I never felt safe, and I know that I was not alone in feeling this way.. Then of course we went down but we appeared to have a rosy future. Of course, McClappy screwed it up with the draft. 

In this game we were not only slaughtered, we had to watch our superstar QB get deemed all but worthless due to having no protection and not enough weapons. It was, and still is sickening.

They will not fire McDermott. I wish they would but it isn't possible imo. I truly believe that he will draft a first round safety, and possibly trade up to get one.

It is a sad situation indeed.

After listening to Beane defend Brown yesterday among other things and listening to McD say we're a good football team, I have this unsettling feeling they're gonna run it back next year pretty much as is.  Not only that but they'll draft another frickin DE in the first round.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.