Which one was worse ? 13 seconds or Cinci fail ?

Repulsif

which one was worse ?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. which one was worse ?

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And all I’m saying is that people continue to act like beating the Chiefs would have guaranteed us a Super Bowl appearance. One week later and the Chiefs were eliminated themselves. 

Well its not a given we would have won either.  I think we would have done a lot better last year than we did last week though.

• Agree 1

At the tailgate before the game i said to the group if we lose, i hope it’s not another soul crushing loss like 13 seconds.  Just lose in a normal fashion so there’s not one play or one situation we can point to that caused the loss.

Well the Bills delivered!  and then some by getting blown the heck out.

But having a few days to think about it, at least after 13 seconds i felt like we were the best team, and so very close.

After this Cincinnati game, i feel like the Bills window has peaked and we’re sliding down the other side of the mountain now. So this is arguably worse.

• Like (+1) 1

Unfortunately I think our first SB window (21 & 22) has ended.  Josh's contract begins. Who knows how productive Tre, Von and Micah are after their injuries? After Diggs, the offensive pantry is empty. Our stubborn coaches can't be trusted in game situations. I'm sure they'll be a 2nd window in a couple years but it will require many things beginning with a full commitment to surrounding Josh with everything.  Starting with an OL and rookie contract wrs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

Still blows my mind.  They could've literally gone up and bearhugged the receivers at the line on the first play, taken the 5-yard penalty and left them with 1 play that would've probably had to been some gadget play to pick up 35 yards.

It is mindboggling.  As you say, it still blows the mind.  As someone else said, any high school coach could have known what to do.  We did the absolute least effective thing given the circumstances.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not sure how anyone thinks so. The Bengals went into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs the very next week…and then they almost won the Super Bowl. Everything else is just sports bar talk. 

The Chiefs were up 21-3 in that game and were cruising until Eric Bienemy got stupid and Mahomes got too cute. The Bengals were down and out but were gifted huge momentum with each dumb move. The collapse in that game was Billsian ! Even when the Bengals got up late, KC had a chance to win it in the final minute yet completely blew it. The Bengals deserve a ton of credit for not folding in that game and it was a superb comeback but they were gifted that victory by the Chiefs bumbling and arrogance.  Had they come into Buffalo, We would have had huge momentum after knocking off the Chiefs and without all the major injury trauma of this season.  I think we win comfortably this time last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Last year I had a lot of optimism because the problems on the team seemed so obvious and fixable, plus Gabe Davis looked like he had broken out as a legit #2 WR. This year I think we have a lot of problems with few resources to solve them, and we don't even look close to being in tier 1 of the NFL. So this year's loss no question was much worse.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

And if they had beat the Chiefs last year they’d have earned the right to play…yep… the Bengals, in Orchard Park and gotten beat just like they did on Sunday. 

Last year was different. Our offense was on fire and Josh was playing like a man possessed.  Neither NE or the Chiefs could stop us.

That game is much different than this year's.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.