Top 3 things I hope to see for a great Bills win

dayman

As an initial aside, Josh playing well, establishing himself as a constant run threat, and most of all, taking care of the football, is a given.

1. Young guns up front fire. In particular, Rousseau and Oliver. These guys need to step up big time. They’ll try to get it out quick to mitigate line problems but that won’t fly if we score early and start to threaten a big lead as the game goes on. These guys are high picks and they aren’t babies anymore. Time to sack a good QB in a big game that matters.

2. Dorsey has a great game, primarily measured by whether our offensive “piece players” all contribute. A big 3rd down or TD for Beasley. A bomb to Smoke. Big return from Hines (not Dorsey, I know). Explosive chunk plays from Cook and Shakir. We spread it around and play design and timing helps everyone become a problem for the Bengals defense.

3. Marlowe plays mistake-free, and creates havoc close to the line in run support and by crashing in on short routes to make good tackles before the 1st down line. I think he has shown he can do it (better than Hamlin before he went out).

Edited by dayman
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Ken Dorsey need to cut back on the long ball offense, it's low percentage. 

To many 3 and outs

JMO

If Cinci plays the same amount of cover zero, expect a lot of deep balls.  The receivers were often, a few Josh missed and as he said the one to John Brown was a mistake but I think a lot of those deep balls were from Josh seeing the defense and launching the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, dayman said:

As an initial aside, Josh playing well, establishing himself as a constant run threat, and most of all, taking care of the football, is a given.

1. Young guns up front fire. In particular, Rousseau and Oliver. These guys need to step up big time. They’ll try to get it out quick to mitigate line problems but that won’t fly if we score early and start to threaten a big lead as the game goes on. These guys are high picks and they aren’t babies anymore. Time to sack a good QB in a big game that matters.

2. Dorsey has a great game, primarily measured by whether our offensive “piece players” all contribute. A big 3rd down or TD for Beasley. A bomb to Smoke. Big return from Hines (not Dorsey, I know). Explosive chunk plays from Cook and Shakir. We spread it around and play design and timing helps everyone become a problem for the Bengals defense.

3. Marlowe plays mistake-free, and creates havoc close to the line in run support and by crashing in on short routes to make good tackles before the 1st down line. I think he has shown he can do it (better than Hamlin before he went out).

4. Frazier has good game play plan for the D.

I'd like to see our team match the intensity and aggressiveness.

It was pretty obvious the last game Cincy wanted to be the aggressor and dictate the action Kobra Kai style. Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy. Not deferring and scoring first. Physical play with a little extra on the back end. Hendrickson with leg whip on Josh. Hurst with the block on Taron's head. Hope they don't tolerate that 💩.

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I'd like to see our team match the intensity and aggressiveness.

It was pretty obvious the last game Cincy wanted to be the aggressor and dictate the action Kobra Kai style. Strike First, Strike Hard, No Mercy. Not deferring and scoring first. Physical play with a little extra on the back end. Hendrickson with leg whip on Josh. Hurst with the block on Taron's head. Hope they don't tolerate that 💩.

Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha (+1) 1

I didn’t realize I had to explicitly spell out that these are 3 things I hope to see in order for us to win, which is, of course, done by scoring more points.

Moving forward, I’ll try to be more specific for the benefit of our (surprisingly numerous) cognition-impaired community members. It’s worth the extra few seconds and added word count if that’s what necessary to discuss football here beyond “we hope we win.”

Edited by dayman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.