Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

For those that are saying no bijan we need an offensive line

We can walk and chew gum at the same time here

You know it’s interesting I was adamantly against running back last year this year I’m all in if the right player falls

Robinson is that good

I felt Breece was as good last year and hoped the Bills would've taken him then

Unless the Bills find two O-line starters a good slot WR and some help on defense if both Edumonds and Poyer are gone (effectively filling all or most major needs in free agency which will not happen) I think Robinson at pick 27 would be a very foolish move. I would rather fill a more pressing need or even if the needs on the roster are less glaring after free agency I would still rather go after a more impactful position like a pass rusher or another more "preimum" position. 

The Bills if they can have Hines agree to a pay cut and resign Singletary or another decent vet RB to complement Cook and add depth the Bills will have a very deep RB core. The Bills just spent a 2nd round pick on a RB who had a really solid rookie year. Why would the Bills need to spend another top flight pick at a position that isn't the most valuable or hard to find in the NFL?

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Bijan Robinson is an even better player than Bryce Hall

One of the main reasons I've changed my stance on drafting an rb in the first. If it's Robinson I'm all about it. Because of what Hall did for the jets, and coming out of college Robinson is far and away the better RB in every level of the game and its not close. I highly doubt Robinson is at 27 for the bills, but if he is the bills should sprint to the podium. I wouldn't be surprised if as soon as Robinson, njigba,Addison are off the board the bills trade back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

One of the main reasons I've changed my stance on drafting an rb in the first. If it's Robinson I'm all about it. Because of what Hall did for the jets, and coming out of college Robinson is far and away the better RB in every level of the game and its not close. I highly doubt Robinson is at 27 for the bills, but if he is the bills should sprint to the podium. I wouldn't be surprised if as soon as Robinson, njigba,Addison are off the board the bills trade back.

I’d prefer not to use a 1st rd pick on a RB- but this draft class changes things, especially when looking at our needs. 

Our biggest needs: 

IOL-  RG is a huge hole- hopefully we move Bates back to LG.  C might be a need if they cut Morse.  

WR- we need outside and slot help.  Maybe shakir steps up and takes one of them, but either way, we still need 1-2 more WRs

Could be added to the above list:

MLB-  if we let edmunds go.  

S- if we let Poyer go and Hamlin is still a ?

RT-  I think it’s a big need but I don’t think Beane does.  Sadly, i think we’ll probably resign quess and roll with brown, quess and Doyle @ possible RT/swing.

RB- if we let motor (and maybe hines) go.

TE-  do we want to include a higher % of 12 personnel?  I love morris as a pass catcher but I think they want someone with better blocking. I hope we never see Sweeney in a bills uni again. 

DL-  do we move on from Phillips and Lawson again?  Trade Ed?  Do we count on the 2nd rd bust bro DEs to improve?  When will Von be back?

—————-

looking at the possible picks @ 27, there’s one OG that might be worth the pick (Torrance) but his skill set doesn’t really jive with what what Dorsey and Kromer do.  The other OGs aren’t viewed as 1st rd picks. Drafting an OT and moving some people around along the line might be our best option.

WR-  there look to be 3 1st rd worthy WRs - Johnston, Addison and JSN.  I don’t see any of the 3 being available when we pick.  The next 10 or so WRs are of the same tier (or very close to it.  Seems best to wait til rd 2-3 if we miss out on the top 3z

The other positions that we may have a need for aren’t premium positions-  MLB- S- RT- RB- TE.  If there were a close to elite prospect available at any of those positions, i would hope we’d draft the elite player over an IOL or WR with a 2nd rd grade.  Positional value definitely matters, but quality of player matters most imo.  

Bijan is the only mlb, s, rt, rb, te that looks to be elite. Although Antonio johnson could also make some sense.  I think he’s a perfect fit.  He can do it all (except create turnovers.  (let’s not draft a S in rd 1 please)

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d prefer not to use a 1st rd pick on a RB- but this draft class changes things, especially when looking at our needs. 

Our biggest needs: 

IOL-  RG is a huge hole- hopefully we move Bates back to LG.  C might be a need if they cut Morse.  

WR- we need outside and slot help.  Maybe shakir steps up and takes one of them, but either way, we still need 1-2 more WRs

Could be added to the above list:

MLB-  if we let edmunds go.  

S- if we let Poyer go and Hamlin is still a ?

RT-  I think it’s a big need but I don’t think Beane does.  Sadly, i think we’ll probably resign quess and roll with brown, quess and Doyle @ possible RT/swing.

RB- if we let motor (and maybe hines) go.

TE-  do we want to include a higher % of 12 personnel?  I love morris as a pass catcher but I think they want someone with better blocking. I hope we never see Sweeney in a bills uni again. 

DL-  do we move on from Phillips and Lawson again?  Trade Ed?  Do we count on the 2nd rd bust bro DEs to improve?  When will Von be back?

—————-

looking at the possible picks @ 27, there’s one OG that might be worth the pick (Torrance) but his skill set doesn’t really jive with what what Dorsey and Kromer do.  The other OGs aren’t viewed as 1st rd picks. Drafting an OT and moving some people around along the line might be our best option.

WR-  there look to be 3 1st rd worthy WRs - Johnston, Addison and JSN.  I don’t see any of the 3 being available when we pick.  The next 10 or so WRs are of the same tier (or very close to it.  Seems best to wait til rd 2-3 if we miss out on the top 3z

The other positions that we may have a need for aren’t premium positions-  MLB- S- RT- RB- TE.  If there were a close to elite prospect available at any of those positions, i would hope we’d draft the elite player over an IOL or WR with a 2nd rd grade.  Positional value definitely matters, but quality of player matters most imo.  

Bijan is the only mlb, s, rt, rb, te that looks to be elite. Although Antonio johnson could also make some sense.  I think he’s a perfect fit.  He can do it all (except create turnovers.  (let’s not draft a S in rd 1 please)

Agreed, personally if Robinson, njigba, Addison, and possibly Campbell (depending on what happens with Tremaine)are off the board I'm trading back and stacking OL picks and an upside RB with some meat on him.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The Carolina way….completely  overvalue the RB position while thinking you can manage with JAGs at WR…. 

Im fine with Bijan at 27, but that better mean we made a move for WR2 in Free Agency, and at the very least, brought in a legit RG. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.