Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

Bijan Robinson and Michael Mayer,  i think both will be pretty darn good in the NFL.  If not those guys, take the best O-lineman or WR available.

Maybe this raises a difficult question. It's definitely possible, though perhaps unlikely, that both Robinson and Jalin Hyatt, the premier deep threat in this year's draft, are both still on the board at 27. What do you do in a case like that? Hyatt looks to be very similar to J. Williams in last years draft. Robinson is arguably the best player per position in this years draft.

38 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Maybe this raises a difficult question. It's definitely possible, though perhaps unlikely, that both Robinson and Jalin Hyatt, the premier deep threat in this year's draft, are both still on the board at 27. What do you do in a case like that? Hyatt looks to be very similar to J. Williams in last years draft. Robinson is arguably the best player per position in this years draft.

Financially if you have similar grades you have to take the WR.  I don't think there's a situation where i take a running back in the first round anymore.  Too many injuries.  Maybe someone like CMC who can sort of flex into another position?  But I'd still rather have a WR.  

Rookies are all about the value you can extract on the rookie deal.  That is lessened at the RB position due to their average contract being considerably smaller.  Etienne lost a year on his deal.  Barkley lost a year on the rookie deal.  CMC.  etc.

Also - Everyone is all about the potential of Breece Hall, but look at Cook's numbers side by side and they're... SO similar.  Running back shouldn't even be on the radar.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

Anyone listen to and respect Joe Marino? I was never a big podcast guy til I started listening to him last offseason.

In his podcast of Locked On Bills yesterday he said he thought Robinson is one of the 3 best players in this draft and that he would not be upset if we drafted him at 27, but also said he didn't think he'd be there.

He said Bijan is the best RB talent since Saquan and thinks he's better than Saquan.

Take that FWIW, but 3 years of Bijan and Cook as a 1-2 punch might just be what gets us over the hump... plus we'd have 2 more years of Robinson.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/15/2023 at 10:06 AM, NewEra said:

From what I’ve watched-

-he has elite vision, which is the most underrated attribute of RBs imo.
-for a man of his size and strength, his agility and ability it tight quarters might be the best I’ve ever seen.  

- close to elite contact balance.   
-maybe not “elite” elusiveness and explosion, but it’s close

- very good receiver and in pass protection

I bet he runs a sub 4.5 40.

he’s special-  top 5 player in the draft regardless of position imo.  

that said-  i’d much rather have a WR or an OL.

If he's there at 27 I think you have to take him. He would be the BPA by a huge margin. 

He could step right in and be a difference maker. He is on the level of  Barkley. 

The Bills would be foolish to pass on his talent. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

If he's there at 27 I think you have to take him. He would be the BPA by a huge margin. 

He could step right in and be a difference maker. He is on the level of  Barkley. 

I don’t think he’s going to be there and I wouldn’t hate it if they took him

I have been going over and going over what could possibly get this team over the hump in the playoffs

I think that we need to build a team that could win if Josh Allen was not behind center. That is what the Chiefs have. The Chiefs literally could sit Mahomes and still drive right down the field with their office. We also need to dress line or it doesn’t matter who we have it running back, but just having a guy that could take the pressure off of Josh to make every play. 

If you do this, then we should create a super talented office that could win in a mall, variety of ways, and not just with the pass

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/20/2023 at 2:59 AM, GETTOTHE50 said:

Motor is probably going to walk with Cook & Hines splitting the rock. 

I don't see any RBs being signed unless they are UDFAs or a cheap FA option. 

Idk. They're too similar.  We need a bruiser, I'd love Jamal Williams from Det for 5 mil a year range. 

Would also love a few packages with Hines/Cook together in the backfield but I'd almost guarantee we bring in a RB1 or 2 to complement Cook. 

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Our last 27th pick didn't turn out too bad. All pro Tre. Whoever they draft, I just hope they have an immediate impact.  Hopefully OL but if there's a stud RB or WR , pull the trigger

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/15/2023 at 6:06 PM, NewEra said:

From what I’ve watched-

-he has elite vision, which is the most underrated attribute of RBs imo.
-for a man of his size and strength, his agility and ability it tight quarters might be the best I’ve ever seen.  

- close to elite contact balance.   
-maybe not “elite” elusiveness and explosion, but it’s close

- very good receiver and in pass protection

I bet he runs a sub 4.5 40.

he’s special-  top 5 player in the draft regardless of position imo.  

that said-  i’d much rather have a WR or an OL.

Yea vision is what makes him special IMO. He reminds me a bit of Jonathan Taylor coming out in that regard. Robinson probably doesn't run as well as fast as Taylor, but he is a more advanced pass catcher and pass protector than Taylor was coming out. I had a late first on Taylor (very rare for me to have a running back with a first) and I have a mid to late first on Robinson. That still makes him a top 10 player in this weaker class but I'm not quite as high on him as some. I don't have him as better than Zeke or Saquon coming out for example. 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t think he’s going to be there and I wouldn’t hate it if they took him

I have been going over and going over what could possibly get this team over the hump in the playoffs

I think that we need to build a team that could win if Josh Allen was not behind center. That is what the Chiefs have. The Chiefs literally could sit Mahomes and still drive right down the field with their office. We also need to dress line or it doesn’t matter who we have it running back, but just having a guy that could take the pressure off of Josh to make every play. 

If you do this, then we should create a super talented office that could win in a mall, variety of ways, and not just with the pass

I don't disagree with this. 

The real question is did Beane miss his opportunity? 

More specifically, Allen is six years in with the Bills. His rookie contract is over and now that big salary handicaps Beane's hands. He's pretty much admitted that. 

The time to solidify the oline was years ago. The time to get Allen explosive weapons was years ago. Beane has not gotten it done. Continually, the organization focused on the defense without much success. They failed on their Oline picks.

I don't think it's a stretch to say the Bills organization has relied too much on Allen to get it done with insufficient weapons and protection. 

How likely is Beane and the Bills organization to get it right now with limited resources? That's a really tough ask. 

Lastly, I'd like to add that the coaching staff is suspect. The last two years of playoff failure clearly fails on the coaches, game planning, and schemes. I'm really surprised that they haven't made any significant changes. It's pretty disappointing

Edited by newcam2012

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

More specifically, Allen is six year's in with the Bills. His rookie contract is over and now that big salary handicaps Beane's hands. He's pretty much admitted that. 

The time to solidify the oline was years ago. The time to get Allen explosive weapons was years ago. Beane has not gotten it done. Continually, they organization focused on the defense without much success. The failed on their Oline picks.

I don't think it's a stretch to say the Bills organization has relied too much on Allen to get it done with insufficient weapons and protection. 

How likely is Beane and the Bills organization to get it right now with limited resources? That's a really tough ask. 

Lastly, I'd like to add that the coaching staff is suspect. The last two years of playoff failure clearly fails on the coaches, game planning, and schemes. I'm really surprised that they haven't made any significant changes. It's pretty disappointing

Well *****, we might as well pack up and forget the season

Come on man

9 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't want Barkley - i'd want a better player.

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Did you see him play last year? He was very good. 

He can definitely hit some home runs, has some wheels, and in a sort of "single game" mindset he is a definite impact player.  However, if I side-by-side his numbers vs. singletary/cook - did he do anything better? 

Barkley: 295/1312, 10 TDs, 4.4 YPC, 76/57 for 338 and 0 TDs.

Cook/Singletary: 266/1326, 7 TDs, 4.98 YPC, 84/59 for 460 and 2 TDs.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well *****, we might as well pack up and forget the season

Come on man

I'm not saying that. 

I guess I'm asking why would you have confidence in the organization to get it right now under much more stringent circumstances? 

It also appears the AFC east foes have clearly closed the gap.

Teams like Cinci, KC, and the Jags appear to be going in a forward projection while the Bills are going...

Edited by newcam2012

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

More specifically, Allen is six year's in with the Bills. His rookie contract is over and now that big salary handicaps Beane's hands. He's pretty much admitted that. 

The time to solidify the oline was years ago. The time to get Allen explosive weapons was years ago. Beane has not gotten it done. Continually, they organization focused on the defense without much success. The failed on their Oline picks.

Chiefs are out of Mahomes rookie deal and they are sitting very good with the cap.  Beane can restructure Josh's contract and save $21M against the cap this year, which takes them from almost $20M over to $1.5M under.  If Beane restructures DIggs, Tre, Milano, and Dawkins they are $20M under the cap.  

The point is, Beane has options if he wants to exercise them and those guys are willing.  

4 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He can definitely hit some home runs, has some wheels, and in a sort of "single game" mindset he is a definite impact player.  However, if I side-by-side his numbers vs. singletary/cook - did he do anything better? 

Barkley: 295/1312, 10 TDs, 4.4 YPC, 76/57 for 338 and 0 TDs.

Cook/Singletary: 266/1326, 7 TDs, 4.98 YPC, 84/59 for 460 and 2 TDs.  

Come on now. You can't do comparasions like that. It's severely flawed. Barkley is a top ten back and a skilled offensive weapon. 

He played on a Giant offense that jasca limited passing QB and WRs and a suspect OL. Most teams knew the ball was going to Barkley and he still produced. 

I'd argue Daboll probably got the best out of him. He most likely wouldn't have been nearly effective in a Dorsey run offense. Coaching matters.

9 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not saying that. 

I guess I'm asking why would you have confidence in the organization to get it right now under much more stringent circumstances? 

It also appears the AFC east foes have clearly closed the gap.

Teams like Cinci, KC, and the Jags appear to be going in a forward projection while the Bills are going...

I think 13-3 says they got a lot right so far.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.