Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

10 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He's been kind of bad at shelling out the dollars too. IMO, there's NO WAY Dawson Knox should've been given that money. 

He had a really great year and he looked dynamic prior to his big signing. The Bills haven't seen such a tight end weapon since the Pete Metz days. 

I remember having mixed feelings about the signing. Really happy about locking him up as a Bill. At the same time thinking damn that's a lot of money.

Fast forward to today and I'd say he has underperformed the salary. Partly due to injuries and partly due to scheme/play calling. 

For whatever reason, he doesn't seem to be as involved in the offense as he should. Almost as an after thought until the Bills get into the red zone. He did go on a nice TD roll mid to late season. 

I can't help but think he could be a bigger weapon if utilized more and stays healthy. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He's been kind of bad at shelling out the dollars too. IMO, there's NO WAY Dawson Knox should've been given that money. 

I think he’s worth the money….as long as he’s utilized correctly.  Another instance in which the GM and the coaching staff haven’t been on the same page.  His production increased as the year went on and I hope that that continues.  

He’s really become a solid blocker and reliable in the pass game as well. 

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

Bringing this one back....

I personally think that Bijan is the TOP talent in round 1 that could be available at 27.  I'm thinking now.... that Bijan should be the pick, for an instant impact player and playmaker with star potential.  

But having said that, I think it puts a lot of pressure on the Bills to address the OL in free agency to allow such a move.  Without an FA focus on the OL, we would miss on this top talent, in order to select a "very good" OG, in O'Cyrus Torrence...  

I just think that we would be kicking ourselves when Bijan is tearing it up with another team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Yantha said:

I personally think that Bijan is the TOP talent in round 1 that could be available at 27.  I'm thinking now.... that Bijan should be the pick, for an instant impact player and playmaker with star potential.  

But having said that, I think it puts a lot of pressure on the Bills to address the OL in free agency to allow such a move.  Without an FA focus on the OL, we would miss on this top talent, in order to select a "very good" OG, in O'Cyrus Torrence...  

I just think that we would be kicking ourselves when Bijan is tearing it up with another team.

I honestly thought cook was really starting to look quite good.  He doesn't have that violent speed to his game that some of the home run hitters have, but he has good vision, some shake - reminds me a bit of his brother tbh.  

I also think that Bijan would still be the best pick over the top WRs that might be available in round 1. 

At the end of the day you want to add "potential stars" in round 1.  That's what separates NFL teams from one another with respect to making serious playoff pushes.  

The more I look at Bijan, the more I see a star in the making.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I'd be shocked if they don't sign a starting caliber RG in Free Agency.  Just remains to be seen how high level of a starting RG that is.  

That allows them to go into the draft with Dawkins - Bates - Morse - FA - Brown, along with Boettger, Doyle and some low tier vets as depth.  I think most of us would want them to do more that just that in addressing the OL, but that would likely be enough for them to go BPA and take Bijan Robinson if he's there. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I honestly thought cook was really starting to look quite good.  He doesn't have that violent speed to his game that some of the home run hitters have, but he has good vision, some shake - reminds me a bit of his brother tbh.  

Yes, I agree.  

Cook could be very good, but I think that having Bijan in there with Cook would be a pretty dominant combination.

IF, and that's a big IF we address the interior OL in free agency.  I'd hate to see any of our runningbacks met at the line of scrimmage on every play.  We need push by our OL, and some glimmers of running lanes for a change.

5 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Considering the draft class- if Johnston, jsn and addison are all gone, Bijan would probably make the most impact.  If we draft an OL, odds are, he won’t be great and will only be a slight upgrade.  If we could draft an OL @27 and have him turn into an immediate top 10 at his position, I’d welcome it, but I don’t think it’ll happen.

problem is-  bijan will be long gone by 27

• Like (+1) 1

You might be right about him being gone at 27, but runningbacks (for whatever reason) seem to be undervalued and not picked in the middle of round 1 anymore.   

Even last year, there were zero RB picked in round 1 and I think the Breece Hall would have had a rookie season for the ages if not for his ACL tear.  I was really hoping for Breece Hall last draft.... and I think that he was an EASY round 1 talent.

Can't wait for the Free Agency to start.  Counting the days.

Edited by Yantha
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Considering the draft class- if Johnston, jsn and addison are all gone, Bijan would probably make the most impact.  If we draft an OL, odds are, he won’t be great and will only be a slight upgrade.  If we could draft an OL @27 and have him turn into an immediate top 10 at his position, I’d welcome it, but I don’t think it’ll happen.

problem is-  bijan will be long gone by 27

Say what you want about his announcing skills but he knows how to play WR

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Say what you want about his announcing skills but he knows how to play WR

I’d rather listen to scratching on a chalkboard for hours than to listen to him.  

keyshawn knows how to play wr, I don’t listen to anything he says. I hope you do the same.  

Johnstons WR skill set is clearly behind addison and jsn.  Physically, he’s on a different level and his upside is tremendous. I’d be happy with any of the 3 @27.

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d rather listen to scratching on a chalkboard for hours than to listen to him.  

keyshawn knows how to play wr, I don’t listen to anything he says. I hope you do the same.  

Johnstons WR skill set is clearly behind addison and jsn.  Physically, he’s on a different level and his upside is tremendous. I’d be happy with any of the 3 @27.

I agree with Steve. I see Kevin White when I watch Quentin Johnston. I'd rather try my luck with Cedric Tillman. Get me a WR from the SEC with production

Edited by Solomon Grundy

14 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I agree with Steve. I see Kevin White when I watch Quentin Johnston. I'd rather try my luck with Cedric Tillman. Get me a WR from the SEC with production

The comparisons to White are real. That’s where the scouts have to figure out what’s inside the players heart and head.  How hard will he work?  Does he have the dedication to improve and be great?  Will his body hold up (whites body was part of his downfall)?

lots of questions surround him.  Picking @27, I think the risk is worth the reward. We have a QB that can help him reach his potential. We have an alpha WR that can help groom him to be great and hopefully light a that fire.  

40 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I agree with Steve on everything as well.  Not that I don't like Johnston, but the issues he brought up are clear as day.  His speed isn't always evident, and even when you watch clips of him in that Smith video you see him body catching deep balls, that's awful technique.  You shouldn't allow those balls to get into your chest, attack at the catch point with your hands or a DBs is going to knock your block off and dislodge the ball by letting it get into your body.  It wasn't a long video, but the issues he brought up are there when you watch Johnston, clear as day.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If Robinson falls the the Bills at #27, they would be fools to dismiss, out of hand, selecting him.

The Bills DO need a RB that can provide a dynamic running game besides Josh Allen puting himself in harm’s way with over 120 carries.

Yeah, we need a G and S and WR....BUT, a RB with the quaintly of Robinson (a top 5 talent) would provide an immediate and explosive impact to the Bills offense....that could help propel them to the Super Bowl.

NO G, or S or even WR (that the Bills have any chance of drafting) would come close to providing that kind of immediate impact.

The trouble is that he probably won’t be there at #27.  But, if he is, I would be all in picking him.

Edited by Loyal BF
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

You would have to be stoked about this pick if this guy fell to us at 27. Probably won't happen, but we could still build the line in rounds 2-4 and through FA, and we'd have an incredible duo w/ him & Cook. It would take a ton of pressure off of Allen.

We'd have an actual running game.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.