Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Tipster19

5 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Alright John. So then it wasn't a bust? Team was built. There wasn't a "bigger hard nosed rb" to pair with him as Cape suggests and you still defend drafting a project.  Sacrifice a super bowl season for a project.  Good idea. We can win after he puts on enough to still not fit the need.

Cook is exactly the same type of player as a McKissick. The guy that they were going after initially when they finally had them they didn’t use him correctly that’s not Cook’s fault.

Singletary was always going to be the main back this year to be perfectly honest. He wasn’t that bad if you wanna blame, somebody blame that piss, poor offense of line that he had in front of them.

4 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

So that's your excuse to carry 3 undersized backs? Trade one for another? Lmao they're obsessed.  Name me another team that had 3 losses in the super bowl era with an OL ranked in the bottom quarter of the leauge.

If you want to complain about carrying a back, just because he’s a good special teams player I am with you he never saw a down carrying the ball

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This team refuses to use Cook and Hines, why would they use this player?

If the team wants to get to the next level, they have got to establish a consistent running game

I don’t care what anybody says when it gets cold and the snow start hitting the ground and the weather starts kicking up. You have to be able to pound the ball when you need to.

It’s great that Josh Allen can throw that ball through weather, but we are making it so difficult

1 hour ago, thunderingsquid said:

Nah we could get crazy value with Johnson from Texas, Peoples from App State, Hull from NWern, Evans from Louisville, etc. 

Thompson from Texas Tech!

To me, it’s all about who’s on the board of 27 we’re to the point now where we can’t afford to lose pigs by trading up in the draft because we’re gonna need to start playing those guys earlier if the running back from Texas is the best value on the board at 27 you have to take him you can go offensive line in rounds after that just don’t be trying to grab a guy in the fifth round for chrissake 

• Agree 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:37 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Not really.

It's been decades since the Bills passed on a RB drafted in round 1 and later regretted it.

Interestingly, three nfl.com draft analysts -- including Jeremiah, who is very good and talks with scouts from all the teams -- have the Bills taking Robinson. I am NOT saying I like it! But they all say that he's a legit top-ten/top-five overall player. I do believe that the Bills were going to take Etienne in 2021, by the way, but Jax snagged him.

Daniel Jeremiah:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-texans-ravens-among-four-teams-selecting

I think Robinson is one of the elite players in this draft class -- worthy of a top-10 pick. However, most teams simply don’t believe in taking a running back this high, and the depth at the position in the upcoming free-agent market could impact Robinson's value on draft day.

Lance Zeirlein:

https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierlein-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-buccaneers-select-tom-brady-s-successor

Robinson is my fourth-rated prospect in the entire draft, so obviously I see this pick as a major steal for Buffalo. Robinson should take a considerable amount of pressure off of Josh Allen's shoulders.

Erick Edholm:

https://www.nfl.com/news/eric-edholm-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-four-qbs-selected-in-top-10-bills-eagles-add

Would the Bills really draft a back in Round 1? If Devin Singletary walks in free agency, maybe. This offense needs another outlet, and Robinson is one of the top playmakers in this class, a spectacular all-around talent worthy of going much higher.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Interestingly, three nfl.com draft analysts -- including Jeremiah, who is very good and talks with scouts from all the teams -- have the Bills taking Robinson. I am NOT saying I like it! But they all say that he's a legit top-ten/top-five overall player. I do believe that the Bills were going to take Etienne in 2021, by the way, but Jax snagged him.

Daniel Jeremiah:

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-texans-ravens-among-four-teams-selecting

I think Robinson is one of the elite players in this draft class -- worthy of a top-10 pick. However, most teams simply don’t believe in taking a running back this high, and the depth at the position in the upcoming free-agent market could impact Robinson's value on draft day.

Lance Zeirlein:

https://www.nfl.com/news/lance-zierlein-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-buccaneers-select-tom-brady-s-successor

Robinson is my fourth-rated prospect in the entire draft, so obviously I see this pick as a major steal for Buffalo. Robinson should take a considerable amount of pressure off of Josh Allen's shoulders.

Erick Edholm:

https://www.nfl.com/news/eric-edholm-2023-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-four-qbs-selected-in-top-10-bills-eagles-add

Would the Bills really draft a back in Round 1? If Devin Singletary walks in free agency, maybe. This offense needs another outlet, and Robinson is one of the top playmakers in this class, a spectacular all-around talent worthy of going much higher.

Even if it is correct that as a general principle, taking a RB in the first when the position is devalued is not smart, I don't see this fella as totally off the table. The whole point of making prudential decisons is you can't simply read off the correct action from a chart. Depending on who is on the board or whether or not there are worthwhile tradeback options, Robinson at #27 may be a genuine consideration. If he's as good as the experts claim, I wouldn't rule it out. Beane could make that option stronger by getting a few solid oline options in free agency.

49 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Daniel Jeremiah:

Lance Zeirlein:

Erick Edholm:

I find it hard to believe Robinson will make it that far. Lesser prospects like Etienne and Najee Harris got taken sooner than pick 27. The word on Robinson is he's the best RB prospect since Saquon Barkley. To me that's a no brainer pick if he makes it to us but he won't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Daniel Jeremiah:

Lance Zeirlein:

Erick Edholm:

The Bills need a big upgrade at RB.  Breeze Hall was going to win Offensive rookie of year- he made that Jets offense go.  Robinson is an elite player in the draft, he will be playing on rookie salary.  He would be great to take pressure off Josh.  I would trade up into top 15 to get Robinson

• Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Pete said:

The Bills need a big upgrade at RB.  Breeze Hall was going to win Offensive rookie of year- he made that Jets offense go.  Robinson is an elite player in the draft, he will be playing on rookie salary.  He would be great to take pressure off Josh.  I would trade up into top 15 to get Robinson

We absolutely do not have the draft resources for that kind of move. We don't have enough picks as it is.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

O/U on the thread of a player that won’t be on the board when we select.

After a very strong start I’d say 135

That under sure is tempting, but I’m not that new around these parts! Sucker bet!  😋

• Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

Absolutely no trade ups

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Daniel Jeremiah:

Lance Zeirlein:

Erick Edholm:

They are just floating nonsense out there because the Bills cause a conundrum for them...........their job is to assign players to needs.........and they don't really have a good feel for what the Bills would do if they were drafting desperately for need.

I will give Beane more credit than they..........thus far he's used his 1st rounders to address premium positions........CB's, Pass Rushers, QB, WR.......with the only exception being Edmunds but I do think they thought they were getting a lot better player in Edmunds than they have gotten.

RB's are the bottom of the food chain.

4 hours ago, Pete said:

When is the last time adding a stud RB took the pressure off a top 3 passer and established MVP candidate and resulted in a SB win that would have been otherwise out of reach?

Gotta' go back to the late 90's with Terrell Davis and then Marshall Faulk going to StL.   

Doesn't work that way anymore.

By far the two most likely things that would come out of the Bills using a 1st round pick on a RB are ultimately MORE pressure on McBeane either way:

1. Either they give the ball to a RB more and start winning less because they are taking the ball out of the hands of an MVP candidate in Josh Allen and trading 8 yards per play for 5.

2. Or they don't give the ball to the 1st and 2nd round RB's 50% of the time and then every time they lose a game they have to explain why they didn't give the ball to those RB's they invested premium picks in consecutive years into.:doh:

There are a lot of reasons to not over-invest in a RB but one of them definitely is that a 1st round RB needs 250-350 touches...........and those aren't there in this offense with an MVP level QB...........and even if they were a lot of them would have to come at the expense of James Cook who had ELITE numbers per play in both the rush and receiving part of the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

When is the last time adding a stud RB took the pressure off a top 3 passer and established MVP candidate and resulted in a SB win that would have been otherwise out of reach?

Gotta' go back to the late 90's with Terrell Davis and then Marshall Faulk going to StL.   

Doesn't work that way anymore.

By far the two most likely things that would come out of the Bills using a 1st round pick on a RB are ultimately MORE pressure on McBeane either way:

1. Either they give the ball to a RB more and start winning less because they are taking the ball out of the hands of an MVP candidate in Josh Allen and trading 8 yards per play for 5.

2. Or they don't give the ball to the 1st and 2nd round RB's 50% of the time and then every time they lose a game they have to explain why they didn't give the ball to those RB's they invested premium picks in consecutive years into.:doh:

There are a lot of reasons to not over-invest in a RB but one of them definitely is that a 1st round RB needs 250-350 touches...........and those aren't there in this offense with an MVP level QB...........and even if they were a lot of them would have to come at the expense of James Cook who had ELITE numbers per play in both the rush and receiving part of the game.

Then resign Motor.  Our offense was garbage in the playoffs.  Lets try and win a Superbowl.  I love Motor, but he is no Saquon.  Our offense is broke, our window is closing.  What is your soloution to fix ailing offense?

• Vomit 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Then resign Motor.  Our offense was garbage in the playoffs.  Lets try and win a Superbowl.  I love Motor, but he is no Saquon.  Our offense is broke, our window is closing.  What is your soloution to fix ailing offense?

Not speaking for Badol, but, OL, WR2, improved play from Slot WR, better play calls...

Edited by LyndonvilleBill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Yes, our window is almost shut with a 26 year old superstar QB. The sky is falling.

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.