We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

18 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

OL of Bengals. Bills being home.

Does the home team still get three points. Because I suppose it would essentially be the Bills favored by like 2 or so.

Not so much these days. I read that the home team gets about 1.5 now. So Bills favored by 4.

The Bills have been the better team throughout the year based on DVOA. They are the #2 team in weighted DVOA behind the 49ers. They are more healthy and they are playing at home.

The Bengals get a lot of hype because of their stars and talk a big game to the media, but they have been the worse of these two teams.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not so much these days. I read that the home team gets about 1.5 now. So Bills favored by 4.

The Bills have been the better team throughout the year based on DVOA. They are the #2 team in weighted DVOA behind the 49ers. They are more healthy and they are playing at home.

The Bengals get a lot of hype because of their stars and talk a big game to the media, but they have been the worse of these two teams.

Fair. But a Bengals win would be by no means an upset. 

This game will go down to the wire imo.

Bungles OL is a wreck...but we may be down both Phillips and Jones. I'm a little worried about Mixon, but doubt they have the line to pull it off. All more reason to believe it's going to be a shootout, or the Bengals will at least try to force one. Secondary is going to get worked. I believe in you Tre.

63c4727a50ae4.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

Running back carries have tilted toward James Cook over Devin Singletary in recent weeks for Bills

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/running-back-carries-have-tilted-toward-james-cook-over-devin-singletary-in-recent-weeks-for/article_f7ef9be0-9913-11ed-85fa-ef5b7a788226.html

Singletary said he’s noticed Cook taking more notes in meetings – focusing on the small details that are so important this time of year – and keeping his body fresh as the season continues.

“He’s been picking up a lot,” Singletary said.

As Dorsey referenced, there are sometimes plays that the Bills run in practice with either Singletary or Cook in mind. When the game arrives, however, the other one might be in the game at that time. Given how prepared each of them are with the game plan, Dorsey can feel confident that he doesn’t have to switch anything up.

“That's what I mean about the small details, you might not get that rep in practice, but you might be in during the game and you've got to be able to perform,” Singletary said. “We’ve been able to do that.”

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I thought he was good in that game. Mainly stupid fumbles and turnovers toward the end. 

Honestly, you could argue Defense blew it that game just as easily as 13 seconds.

And I think the terrible block in the back call on Cody Ford that changed the game. It takes 4-5 bad breaks for us to lose any games.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

It's out of our control. I wouldn't worry about it.

We actually have a lot:

4 Super Bowl appearances.

4 time AFC Champions.

We currently have 14-3 record which is 1st in AFC East.

We own the New England Patriots and Miami Dolphins for the last 3 years. We're 6-1 vs. New England in 2020s. We're 9-1 vs. Miami within the last 10 match ups.

We currently have Pro Bowl Josh Allen (SUPERSTAR Josh Allen when he's locked in and on fire), All Pro Superstar Stefon Diggs, Playoff Gabe Davis, All Pro Matt Milano, All Pro Jordan Poyer, and Pro Bowler Tre White.

Cleveland Browns have nothing but QB busts.

Cincinnati Bengals have no Super Bowl rings and 3 starting offensive linemen out for this Sunday's playoff game.

Um..... You made a mistake. Diggs, Milano, Poyer AND Tre White are All Pros.  Tre made it 1st Team honors in 2020.  My boy is capable of putting anyone on a ***** island.  

Edited by Mark92
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

Bungles OL is a wreck...but we may be down both Phillips and Jones. 

Jones??? I hope you’re talking about Taiwan, not Daquan…I thought we had a clean injury report other than Phillips.

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Jones??? I hope you’re talking about Taiwan, not Daquan…I thought we had a clean injury report other than Phillips.

He means Daquan Jones who was limited all week.  However he did play in the last 2 series of Miami game so I'm thinking he plays.  Just extra rest I believe.  

Sorry if this has already been posted, I have not read the 100 pages on this topic.  The last weather report I saw predicted an 80 % chance of snow showers.  If this is the case, how does everyone think it will impact the game?  Or even will it impact both teams equally?

8 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Every elite team wants to go to the Super Bowl. We're not the only ones. Recommendation: Relax. Get some pizza. Get some Buffalo wings. Get some drinks. Enjoy the game.

Note: They aren’t called Buffalo Wings in Buffalo. 😉

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

agree, except the everyone part because for some weird reason I, who worries about even 17 point leads, was never worried.  Truly, I wasn’t.  Calm before and during.  Don’t know why, but it was just the way I was.

That aside, I guess my main point is…why doesn’t the shortcomings of other teams ever materialize into real conversations about them?

We talk about it here, but it gets briefly lit out there and then just disappears.

How many conversations or even comments in the national media talked about Cincy getting out gained in week 18 and then needing a 100 yard return during the wildcard?  And not just brought up, but an actual conversation of, “hey what is going on, this is a big deal?”

Yes, I agree with Eric Weddle because I am a Bills fan, but I really agree with him because it’s just common sense that for some reason gets lost on everybody else. Kay Adams was almost embarrassed and beside herself.  Weddle was essentially like deal with it, because it is true.  No prejudice against the teams.  No favoritism or whataboutisms…it is what it is.

Josh Allen is one of the best QBs in the league.

Josh Allen’s arm…SAVES him constantly.

Josh Allen’s rushing yards can’t just be crossed out and not counted.

We have the second most wins in the league this decade because we are that good.

Nobody in this league…nobody loss less games this year than us.

Nobody in this league…nobody right now has won more games this year than us.

Even on NFL Gameday View, as expected, one of them (Greg, I think) brought up how Cincy’s Defensive Guru is going to dial up another one and stop the Bills and that Cincy just has the better of the two defenses.  Also Joe Burrow will be able to do it with short passes regardless of the Oline injuries…also, maybe Rachel, talked about everyone talking about Milano and Edmunds, but really should be talking about Cincy’s LBs.

NFL Defensive Ranks:

Bills:  6

Bengals:  16

NFL Defensive Pts Against Rank:

Bills:  2

Bengals:  6

NfL Offensive Ranks:

Bengals:  8

Make it stop.  Goodness graffiti someone please just make this nonsense stop.

It must be the cigars and the hats, right?  It’s the cigars and the hats, isn’t it?  It’s the cigars and the hats.  They are cool.

🙄

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Even on NFL Gameday View, as expected, one of them (Greg, I think) brought up how Cincy’s Defensive Guru is going to dial up another one and stop the Bills and that Cincy just has the better of the two defenses.  Also Joe Burrow will be able to do it with short passes regardless of the Oline injuries…also, maybe Rachel, talked about everyone talking about Milano and Edmunds, but really should be talking about Cincy’s LBs.

NFL Defensive Ranks:

Bills:  6

Bengals:  16

NFL Defensive Pts Against Rank:

Bengals:  6

Make it stop.  Goodness graffiti someone please just make this nonsense stop.

I loved how Peter Shrager, in picking Cincy, pulled the “no one believes in them” card … meanwhile, it’s been a Cincinnati love-fest all week with random Josh Allen hit pieces on the daily.  

The more I think about it, the more I think we come out and win this going away.  

Our secondary is much better than it was a month ago and Cincy is now down 3 OL.  If our Defense can’t put out a strong performance with all that, then Beane really needs to decide whether all this defensive investment is worth it. 

Meanwhile, I’m very much ready for Josh Allen to shut some of these people up.  It’s just comical right now, some of these hot takes. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nelius said:

Bungles OL is a wreck...but we may be down both Phillips and Jones. I'm a little worried about Mixon, but doubt they have the line to pull it off. All more reason to believe it's going to be a shootout, or the Bengals will at least try to force one. Secondary is going to get worked. I believe in you Tre.

They don't have the RB to pull it off either. There's nothing to be scared of Mixon, who has averaged only 3.9 yards a carry this year. He anchors the worst rushing attack in the playoffs. The Bengals average the least amount of rushing yards per game and yards per carry of any team left.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I loved how Peter Shrager, in picking Cincy, pulled the “no one believes in them” card … meanwhile, it’s been a Cincinnati love-fest all week with random Josh Allen hit pieces on the daily.  

The more I think about it, the more I think we come out and win this going away.  

Our secondary is much better than it was a month ago and Cincy is now down 3 OL.  If our Defense can’t put out a strong performance with all that, then Beane really needs to decide whether all this defensive investment is worth it. 

Meanwhile, I’m very much ready for Josh Allen to shut some of these people up.  It’s just comical right now, some of these hot takes. 

SC, you’re a Bills fan.  You don’t count.

You are 100% correct on all your points (and I agree with the opinions you made), but that’s how this works.  Come on now, did I not mention the cigars and hats?  Should I have told you about the glasses and crazy clothes and ohhh the cockiness?

I’m so with you as I am getting a 1) Bills breaking away vibe in this one, and 2) Josh lighting it up.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts