We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We should be sending you and your son a different hat to wear to school all the way up to the Super Bowl.

Love it!  Also maybe we'll send his class real pizza (La Nova or Bocce) and Wings (Duffs)!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Maybe I am not reading this correctly but did Diggs not practice all week?

Pretty sure the dashes mean no injury designation and then today Diggs was out with vet rest.  So if he had practiced today he would not have been on the report at all.  So once he came on the report today, they indicated for the other 2 practices that he had no designation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Guys, I don't get it.  I mean I honestly don't get it.

I watch our QB make throws that almost defy belief.  You can literally hear the announcers in the booth shake their heads, pinch themselves, and then say, "Did we really just see that throw from Josh?!  Was that real?!  What human does that?!"

Do some of these talking honestly just.  not.  watch.  even highlights?

And if not, how...HOW do you watch what this man does with a football and say his arm is essentially garbage?

He's within 2 picks of the other top quarterbacks in the AFC and he is a turnover machine who can't throw?!

It's ridiculous.  No...no, I am not being a sensitive Bills fan.  I mean it is honest to goodness ridiculous.

However, should I be surprised?  Joe Burrow (who I think is great) is cocky as all get out, wears crazy clothes, sunglasses and smokes cigars and people around the country AND THE TALKING HEADS THEMSELVES can't get enough of him.  

While our guy expresses "confidence" and a "swagger" and they think he is an ***hole and they hate his face (Le Betard Show).

Jeepers...lets just play this game already!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TheWei44 said:

Picture1.thumb.jpg.73f03f5a79d9456a12225c330f5a9e05.jpg

SO, my son wears this cap to school today here in Cincinnati - He is asked by a teacher to take off his hat (but does not ask the students wearing Bengals caps to take off theirs).  Targeting my boy for rooting for his team?!  WTF!  I'm actually not that pissed but it would make a win on Sunday extra sweet!!  GO BILLS!!  Crush those lame tigers with a depleted offensive line!!

Id be pissed F that school, teacher, and their discrimination.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

DaQuan "questionable" for Sunday scares me.

Hopefully at least one of them can go.  Losing one is bad enough.  Losing both hurts alot.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I hear you.  Let's face it, compared to what Miami started on offense last week, Cinci will be way way better..   and the Bills barely got by 34-31.  

Both teams have pressure.  

And...

compared to what the Ravens started on offense last week, the Bills will be way, way better.  and the Bengals barely got by based on a fluke fumble with 99 yard return.  Just adding to the point that Both teams have pressure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

42 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Maybe I am not reading this correctly but did Diggs not practice all week?

You're not reading it correctly.  The dashes mean he practiced normally all week, until he had a vet rest day today.

If he didn't practice, it would be "DNP"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

That teacher missed a golden teaching opportunity and really let your son and his classmates down in the process.

Absolutely!  Opportunity to teach tolerance in a way that the students can relate to.  Excellent point.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Also, whats the deal with Taiwan Jones.  The Bills paid that dude a lot of money for just special teams.  He never practices, he is getting old, and he is invisible on the field.  I thought this then and I still think this now... waste of cap space and roster spot.

If he never practices, how come he had no designation for W and Th practice?

If he's paid a lot of money, how come he shows up on the Spotrac Bills Salary Cap list as playing on a Veteran Salary Benefit contract?

If he's invisible on the field, how come I always see him on coverage and return ST?  🤷‍♂️

Recent high visibility - Hines 2nd KO ret vs Pats who is to Hines R as he finishes the run?  Just cuz there was no Pats left to block, doesn't mean he wasn't in the right place ready to do the right thing. 

At 34, can't argue with you on the "old" part tho.  But Hines can really scoot - and look who was right there with him

43 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Pretty sure the dashes mean no injury designation and then today Diggs was out with vet rest.  So if he had practiced today he would not have been on the report at all.  So once he came on the report today, they indicated for the other 2 practices that he had no designation.

You got it!

Edited by Beck Water

25 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Lol, I don't know, but it's likely the teacher meant nothing more than a little innocent opposing fan humor. However, can never be sure with the way people can be these days...

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Hopefully at least one of them can go.  Losing one is bad enough.  Losing both hurts alot.

Agreed. Also imo Jones would be a more significant loss than Phillips. He’s been really solid for us and pairs better with Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Guys, I don't get it.  I mean I honestly don't get it.

I watch our QB make throws that almost defy belief.  You can literally hear the announcers in the booth shake their heads, pinch themselves, and then say, "Did we really just see that throw from Josh?!  Was that real?!  What human does that?!"

Do some of these talking honestly just.  not.  watch.  even highlights?

And if not, how...HOW do you watch what this man does with a football and say his arm is essentially garbage?

He's within 2 picks of the other top quarterbacks in the AFC and he is a turnover machine who can't throw?!

It's ridiculous.  No...no, I am not being a sensitive Bills fan.  I mean it is honest to goodness ridiculous.

However, should I be surprised?  Joe Burrow (who I think is great) is cocky as all get out, wears crazy clothes, sunglasses and smokes cigars and people around the country AND THE TALKING HEADS THEMSELVES can't get enough of him.  

While our guy expresses "confidence" and a "swagger" and they think he is an ***hole and they hate his face (Le Betard Show).

Jeepers...lets just play this game already!

Go Bills!

Yep today I didn't hear a single talking head opine that after throwing FOUR INT's in one half that Lawrence was a "turnover machine" but Allen throwing 2 picks and losing a fumble is. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Yep today I didn't hear a single talking head opine that after throwing FOUR INT's in one half that Lawrence was a "turnover machine" but Allen throwing 2 picks and losing a fumble is. 

Trevor Lawrence was an absolute superstar on Saturdays who everyone thought was a sure fire superstar on Sundays. Same thing with Burrow. Why does this matter? No one has to live down a Friday morning post-draft hot take. Talking heads love the Bengals in general because they are loaded with Saturday superstars. 

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnpEbMqpQS2/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Based on what? Did he make a big mistake against the Dolphins early?

Bingo.  Allen was something like 10 of 12 for 150 yards and 2 TD's to start the game and was a dropped Knox TD pass from being 11/12 with 3 TD's.  And I vaguely recall a playoff game last year against the Pats at home where Allen started out pretty good.

What I want to know is where to these people get these ideas?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

TJ Houshmandzadeh said that the Bengals Left tackle is a former 2nd round pick from Clemson and he's pretty good.  He thinks the guy will hold up.

Cyrus Kouandjio was a second round pick out of Alabama for us.  I remember all those Pro Bowls he went to. 

who cares what TJ Whosyourmama thinks

34 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Agreed. Also imo Jones would be a more significant loss than Phillips. He’s been really solid for us and pairs better with Oliver. 

I just watched the Dolphins game again.  FWIW Jones played the last 2 defensive series in the game.  He looked fine to me.  Hopefully he's a go on Sunday.

• Thank you (+1) 2