We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

28 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

They've managed to put together a very talented team though.  I don't think it was all FA signings.

Two guys from the LSU championship team, Higgins from the Clemson Championship team, Lots of guys from Ohio State (on Mike’s TV every Saturday), Mixon and Perine from Oklahoma who were on TV a lot because Baker. Boyd doesn’t fit that mold (Pitt), but at the time when he was picked he was probably Kiper’s best available. Bengals fans got their chest puffed out now, but everything I said above could have been said by a caller into Moe Egger’s show just two years ago. 

29 minutes ago, wjag said:

It's two-fold.  The fumbles.  Two times he has fumbled a scoop and six (Minny and Miami).  But I think the fumble he had against Miami running to the sideline where it bounces off his knee leaves a "wreckless impression."

And then of course there are those drive killing red zone picks.

I agree no one is harping on TLAWs picks last week.  But I think the combo of Josh's picks and fumbles and just surviving the Dolphins definitely leaves a bad and lasting impression.  It wipes out the crazy good throws he had in that game.  I mean that first one to Diggs was glorious...

He has to play a clean game this week.  Or the narrative will follow him..

I

thumbs up from me, wjag, but where I will disagree with you vehemently, and others, is that the Bills “just surviving” last week.

Just surviving is Miami going down and just missing a field goal that wins the game or the phins throwing an interception in the end zone that also would have won the game.

Not an 11 point fourth quarter lead, or when it is down to 3 Miami never moving the football past the 50, then losing on downs and never getting the ball back because we ran the clock out.

close, yes…just surviving or skin of our teeth was not what happened. We trailed for what, 7 minutes?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

When the Bengals are at their best burrow is changing the initial play call, will he be able to change the plays on the road with an inexperienced line? 

John Candy No GIF by Laff

• Haha (+1) 4

I've been trying not to get to pumped up for this game because then the let down is worse if we lose. On the other hand I want to soak it all in after having lived through the drought. I just want to stay level-headed understanding that we're playing a very good football team. The more I read though and the closer it gets I can feel my excitement building. I think, for me, the worst part about losing in the playoffs is knowing that it's over. No more Bills football. No more highlights. No more coach/player interviews and funny behind the scenes clips for several months. I just don't want that to be over yet so God I hope they win. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Looking at the Athletic expert picks.

7 to 3 in favor of the Bengals... so the media pundits have our Bills as quite the under dogs.

I see the article about the 5 coaches picks - 3 picked the Bills, 2 picked the Bengals?

15 minutes ago, SomeDudeAtHome said:

I've been trying not to get to pumped up for this game because then the let down is worse if we lose. On the other hand I want to soak it all in after having lived through the drought. I just want to stay level-headed understanding that we're playing a very good football team. The more I read though and the closer it gets I can feel my excitement building. I think, for me, the worst part about losing in the playoffs is knowing that it's over. No more Bills football. No more highlights. No more coach/player interviews and funny behind the scenes clips for several months. I just don't want that to be over yet so God I hope they win. 

The journey is the reward.   Spot on that the worst part of losing in the playoffs isn't not winning the SB it's the season ending.

I will say this though.........because of the 6-8 day buildup between games we do get the opportunity to enjoy the lead up to the matchups.  

In MLB.......the playoffs hit and after 8 months of lead up and 162 regular season games your postseason can begin during the workweek and be over before the weekend.   It's disproportionately abrupt compared to the NFL.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

thumbs up from me, wjag, but where I will disagree with you vehemently, and others, is that the Bills “just surviving” last week.

Just surviving is Miami going down and just missing a field goal that wins the game or the phins throwing an interception in the end zone that also would have won the game.

Not an 11 point fourth quarter lead, or when it is down to 3 Miami never moving the football past the 50, then losing on downs and never getting the ball back because we ran the clock out.

close, yes…just surviving or skin of our teeth was not what happened. We trailed for what, 7 minutes?

All true. But all I know was that the game was not over until that last first down.  It should have never been that close and yet it was.  And everyone in WNY was holding their collective breaths.  Every time you felt like Buffalo would add some point distance something happened in the game that allowed Miami to keep it close.  And when you factor in a 3rd string QB and a massive point spread, it added to the anxiety and perception. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SomeDudeAtHome said:

we’re not losing 

• Like (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, wjag said:

All true. But all I know was that the game was not over until that last first down.  It should have never been that close and yet it was.  And everyone in WNY was holding their collective breaths.  Every time you felt like Buffalo would add some point distance something happened in the game that allowed Miami to keep it close.  And when you factor in a 3rd string QB and a massive point spread, it added to the anxiety and perception. 

agree, except the everyone part because for some weird reason I, who worries about even 17 point leads, was never worried.  Truly, I wasn’t.  Calm before and during.  Don’t know why, but it was just the way I was.

That aside, I guess my main point is…why doesn’t the shortcomings of other teams ever materialize into real conversations about them?

We talk about it here, but it gets briefly lit out there and then just disappears.

How many conversations or even comments in the national media talked about Cincy getting out gained in week 18 and then needing a 100 yard return during the wildcard?  And not just brought up, but an actual conversation of, “hey what is going on, this is a big deal?”

Yes, I agree with Eric Weddle because I am a Bills fan, but I really agree with him because it’s just common sense that for some reason gets lost on everybody else. Kay Adams was almost embarrassed and beside herself.  Weddle was essentially like deal with it, because it is true.  No prejudice against the teams.  No favoritism or whataboutisms…it is what it is.

Josh Allen is one of the best QBs in the league.

Josh Allen’s arm…SAVES him constantly.

Josh Allen’s rushing yards can’t just be crossed out and not counted.

We have the second most wins in the league this decade because we are that good.

Nobody in this league…nobody loss less games this year than us.

Nobody in this league…nobody right now has won more games this year than us.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, zow2 said:

TJ Houshmandzadeh said that the Bengals Left tackle is a former 2nd round pick from Clemson and he's pretty good.  He thinks the guy will hold up.

I thought he was holding up well against the Ravens when he came in - just say'n. 

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

I see the article about the 5 coaches picks - 3 picked the Bills, 2 picked the Bengals?

Funny.

Coaches or writers... who should we believe???

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I don't think that I'll be too upset over this one unless the Bills get blown out. If they lose in a close game, I can accept that because the Bengals have a good team. I suspect most Bengals fans feel the same way. I was, however, losing my mind last week when we struggled with the Fins. That was unacceptable. 

I’d really like to win one more.. just because i don’t want the season to end.  They’re so close... again.   At some point, they need to get over the hump and get too the SuperBowl.  They have too much talent to not make it.   This needs to be the year. I want it to be the year!!  Please let it be the year!   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1